Second time round is so much harder

chuckles

Hi everyone

I started CD in March this year and lost nearly 4 stone by June, but i got cocky and found that i started picking on rubbish foods and then just gave up the diet.
I decided enough was enough as I have put on 15lb since June and i was really motivated when i went back the see my counsellor, but I just cannot do it this time. I started yesterday and was fine in the day, but ate bread and cheese in the evening and i was really mad at myself.
Is anyone else on here a returning dieter? Did you find it harder the second time?
I don't know if i am so bad this time because i know how hard it is and i kind of know what is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Hey. I am also a restarter (but I when onto Exante instead of back on to CD) and I found it a bit hard. So I gradually reduced my intake of cals so it wasn't a total shock to the system and have done really well.

Just keep away from the kitchen and drinking the water, that's how I get through it. But although I don't find the diet any more difficult this time, it is harder for me to stay motivated, especially when I gained this week :-(

i did Lipotrim previously was a few years back, im finding it easier and harder at the same time, harder because i have over double the amount to loose than last time but easier because i like CD a lot more than lipo. VLCD 's are never going to be a walk in the park and we all have hard points during them, i have to remind myself a lot on why im doing this and more so what will happen if i dont do it thats the real thing that keeps me motivated. watch films or read books anything to distract your brain in the early days from food. good luck

I know exactly where your coming from Chuckles, I posted a thread last night with just the same problems as you.

I got a reply on my thread that might be worth a look about getting over the first 5 days which i think are the hardest and once they are over with i /you will be on track. It has given me great motivation today and i just keep telling myself to only look as far as the next 5 days. If however you need to lessen the time then you can do it right down to hour by hour should you need to, say to yourself just get past the next hour, re evaluate how you feel and i bet you can push to get through the next. The hardest part is getting back into the zone for people like you and i, i know once i start seeing those scales moving again my motivation and determination will follow.

How are you doing so far today ?

I am a returner to ss after a holiday break, currently on day 3 and craving beer bottle sweets, doesn't help that there are 2 left in a packet in the kitchen that are just taunting me, I've been wanting them all afternoon and its starting to get to me now, gonna shove them down my hubby's neck when he gets home to get rid of the temptation!!!

I'm finding it much harder this time round, the alcohol is not bothering me its the food, I just want to eat, not bothered what, just something! I'm gonna get thru today tho and hopefully I will be in ketosis by tomorrow which makes you feel much better.

Hang in there and remember, because weight loss is much faster, you will be on a diet for a shorter time than if you were doing slimming world or weight watchers...

xx
Stacey

Just stick in there! I started cd in 2005 stuck it a few weeks then caved in around my birthday and christmas....roll on another 3 years and i decided to give it another go as I didn't remember it being that hard lol! Well I started last August and stuck to it till xmas and it was the best thing I ever did, cos I lost 4 stone and went from a size 20 to a 14. But I remember in the first week of starting again that I was surprised at how hard I was finding it, But I had forgotten you have to get into ketosis first for it to be less painful!

Anyway I did eat some foods in those 4 months but it was totally low carb. If I went out it was a small portion of salmon with a salad or the odd chicken thigh from tesco. I did find it difficult at first but the weight falling off me kept me going. I lost 14 lb in the first 2 weeks and the next stone in the next month and the next 2 stone up to xmas. My journey is in my last years posts.

It would have come off sooner if I had sole sourced, but I needed those bits of protein to keep me going. I also found taking physillum husks with unsweetened cocoa and a sweetner in a cup of hot water really helped too. Not official cd advice I know, but I kept to it. Not one piece of bread, cake or alcohol passed my lips for 4 months. So I say just keep at it and stay away from anything that will take you out of ketosis! I also found looking at the inspiration gallery a fabulous kick up the arse.

I am now 7 months pregnant and though I have put on weight, a lot of it is my bump. I can still get into size14/16 trousers/jeans if I wear them under my bump and my face has filled out a bit but I am no where near looking as fat as I did. I love cd and when I am able I will go back on it to take off the pregnancy weight.

Goodluck =)

Thanks for your encouraging replies. I have been 100% today, but i keep forgetting that i am on a diet and thinking to myself "i will have a sandwich in a minute" and then remembering i am on a diet. I have had my 3 shakes already, but if i am too hungry later i will probably have another. Its got to be better than a sandwich !

Chuckles I am doing CD SS the second time. Well really the 10th re-start since losing about 33 pounds last year and putting weight back on. I just couldn't get past day 2 or 3. This time I was determined, got into a routine and so far have lost 1 stone in 28 days. Today is day 29. If I can do you again you can too honest!

I kept a diary on the forum and having other inspiring diaries I felt this helped me get through. The first 8-10 days were really difficult. Get through that and you will get into it. Be determined really determined and tell yourself the food can wait. You can have it and taste it can but just not for the first 12 weeks. (or however long you are SSing or doing another CD plan. Hope that helps.

I found having half a pack at a time helped too. I found the shakes a bit sickly so I would have half a pack in half a pint of water and have that 6 times a day instead.

i think the problem is for me is that i only drink the chocolate shakes, as i dont like any of the soups, choc bars etc and it is making it really difficult for me. having the same thing day in, day out. I have been looking at some of the different things people have been doing with their packs and am going to try a few. I freeze some of shakes and they are really nice and takes ages to eat so it feels like i am eating more.

Hi chuckles! yes I was on cd when I fell pregnant. I had put on a few pounds after Christmas and was just trying to break the back of the last stone when I fell. I came off cd as soon as I realised. I mainly post on pregnancy without the pounds threads. There are loads of us there now and several were on cd lost the weight and then fell pregnant. I am really glad I found cd cos if I hadn't I'd be 7 months gone by now and near 20 stone. I intend to use cd once I have stopped breast feeding. I got used to being a size 14 and nearly getting into a size 12 again. I loved it and I will get back there as soon as I can =)

im a restarter and to be honest i cant say it is acctually harder then the first time, my first 3 days were definatly no where near as bad ad that first time
go hour by hour at first and then day to day. i now look at it week to week just waiting for that weigh in
find something to distract you and take your mind off it hun

hmm I remember doing a lot of distractive tasks, mainly having long baths and doing my nails =)

hmm I remember doing a lot of distractive tasks, mainly having long baths and doing my nails =)

yep you might be feeling a bit left out on the eating front but damn ive never looked better then when im on cambridge, lol

Thanks everyone. I am feeling rather positive today, though it is only morning - it will be around 4 o'clock that i get really hungry.

Hope you all have a 100% day today. This site really spurs you on!

Back