Secret Eating...........Confessions!

It's astonishing, comforting, saddening and liberating all at once to read my thoughts and actions as written by other people.

Thanks FFBT for starting the thread. I never realised that other people did these things too - or at least, not to the same extent. But yes, I can relate to the car journeys, eating packets of biscuits when I lived at my mum's and not finishing them (and making sure I spread the remainder out so it looked more), buying sandwiches mid morning and then one to take into the office for lunch. And the pizza delivery...my god, the pizza delivery and my portrayal of someone who doesn't live alone and has a dozen friends round to help eat the feast that's just been delivered......enough said.

It's quite scary to admit to this but because you've all been brave enought to do so, I'm relieved to know I'm not a complete nutter! Or if I am, at least I'm in good company!

Thelmz x

It's quite scary to admit to this but because you've all been brave enought to do so, I'm relieved to know I'm not a complete nutter! Or if I am, at least I'm in good company!

Thelmz x

Awwwww Thelmz....dont worry, like I said we're all weirdos and nutters here...your not alone babe. I was a little reluctant to start this thread as thought I might be the only odd one having such a shocking behaviour... But confessing it all feels great and knowing Im not alone.
Remember guyz, we're all gonna do this together....! :grouphugg:
CD POWER

But confessing it all feels great and knowing Im not alone.
Remember guyz, we're all gonna do this together....! :grouphugg:
CD POWER

"By the power of Cambridge...we have the power!"

(said in my best He-Man voice! :silly:)

Heh, that reminds me that Masters of the Universe was on tv last night. It was unbelievably bad!

Oh my Lord this is wonderful to share. Thank you for this thread. I was CONVINCED i had developed an eating disorder. I can't believe how much I see myself in all your stories. My bells go off on my way home too - I'm relatively new in NY so after a long day's work when I don't have plans with friends I really want something scrummy (like chinese or eggplant parm panini) infront of the tv and my favourite chocolate wafer sticks for dessert - eaten till I want to be sick.
I really want to be normal again.

Oh my Lord this is wonderful to share. Thank you for this thread. I was CONVINCED i had developed an eating disorder. I can't believe how much I see myself in all your stories. My bells go off on my way home too - I'm relatively new in NY so after a long day's work when I don't have plans with friends I really want something scrummy (like chinese or eggplant parm panini) infront of the tv and my favourite chocolate wafer sticks for dessert - eaten till I want to be sick.
I really want to be normal again.

This is exactly it.........
Why is it more comforting to sit at home alone in front of the TV just because we have no plans - I have even said no to going out to stay in and eat scrummy things. Not wanting to go out because I feel so low about myself/weight/appearance, but staying in to make things even worse. I am living alone for the first time and find that my eating habits have got alot worse - now I don't need to eat in secret from a partner as I am doing it alone all the time anyway - except now I seem to be in secret from the world in my save haven at home. I am trying lots of distractions now to not eat - getting on here for a start - thinking about my slim friends and how they act towards food - going to step or aerobics classes - listing things on abay - reading - going to bed early - it all helps to get out of the kitchen and distract from food. It is soo lovely for us all to be able to discuss these things here and to know we are totally NOT alone in the world in what we do/have done.
Good luck to us all - and everyone who is struggling with something.xxx

I was actually super fit and healthy got pregnant and started piling on the weight, not during but after I gave birth to my daughter. The change, not working, boredom and to top it all up, mother-in-law staying with us for a few months.....depression of my situation crept in. I would get depressed and buy a whole iced birthday cake, nachos n dips and crossiants and eat them in one sitting. Absolutely disgusted in myself i would cry and have a cheese sandwich and chips. No wonder i jumped from a size 8 - 16 in about 4 months and it wasnt the pregnancy.
What worries me sometimes is that I still have that mentality...stressed, upset or bored = eat. I dont know how Im gonna change this. When Im low I do struggle with cd, at times I end up nibbling...but so far Im still firm I wanna stick to cd and sort myself out. Thank God theres you lot and this site.

These stories are all so relatable. I used to sneak mcdonalds and greggs steak bakes up to my room in the afternoon trying to avoid my housemates, then come down and have pasta for dinner! shocking. never ever again.

i would often drop my son at school and go to macdonalds for a double sausage & egg muffin meal. Id sometimes have a kentucky if i was passing (a full large meal) and then go home and have a dinner, and i also used to buy them freshly baked bags of big cookies from work they have 5 big cookies in and id demolish them on the way home, or id buy a packet of crinkle crunch creams and eat the whole pack when i got home with a nice coffee, i also bought some of them yummy apple & cinommon swirls 2 of them and went and sat in my car to scoff them on my t break, then i hid the wrappers under my seat, id scoff loads of secret bars of chocolate in my room and hide the evidence in my bedside cabinet.... god thats a few things there and it has only just touched the surface lol

I was actually super fit and healthy got pregnant and started piling on the weight, not during but after I gave birth to my daughter. The change, not working, boredom...

This is my situation more or less... I put on 2 stone after my daughter was born. I was 3stone overweight though before that. I ate really healthy while I was pg, but developed gestational diabetes, which made me eat even more healthily. I actually lost weight while pg as a result of that. Unfortunately the boredom of being at home after a high pressure job made me turn to the larder cupboard. I'd sit in front of the tv while the baby slept and eat a full large bag of doritos, I'd eat a whole packet of cheddar biscuits. I called into McDonalds drive through and had a large cheese burger meal, and then came home to have dinner. I always carried a bar of chocolate in my handbag for "just in case". I had a chocolate stash in the larder that my hubby wasn't allowed to touch. (which he cleared out last Saturday while I was out a walk). I hid biscuits under the sofa in the sitting room, so that if I felt like one I didn't have to get up and go to the kitchen. Boredom over the winter has had me ballooning to a size 18. I hate seeing photos of myself.

No more, as I told my hubby, Sunday was the first day of the rest of my life. I am going to be 9 stone at the end of this.

This is my situation more or less... I put on 2 stone after my daughter was born. I was 3stone overweight though before that. I ate really healthy while I was pg, but developed gestational diabetes, which made me eat even more healthily. I actually lost weight while pg as a result of that. Unfortunately the boredom of being at home after a high pressure job made me turn to the larder cupboard. I'd sit in front of the tv while the baby slept and eat a full large bag of doritos, I'd eat a whole packet of cheddar biscuits. I called into McDonalds drive through and had a large cheese burger meal, and then came home to have dinner. I always carried a bar of chocolate in my handbag for "just in case". I had a chocolate stash in the larder that my hubby wasn't allowed to touch. (which he cleared out last Saturday while I was out a walk). I hid biscuits under the sofa in the sitting room, so that if I felt like one I didn't have to get up and go to the kitchen. Boredom over the winter has had me ballooning to a size 18. I hate seeing photos of myself.

No more, as I told my hubby, Sunday was the first day of the rest of my life. I am going to be 9 stone at the end of this.

I can so totally understand and relate to all the above. When my baby used to sleep during the day that used to be "Me" time, which revolved around food...and loads of it infront of the tv.
We will do this together...we will get to our target 9st. Stick to it babe and I know you'll do fab. x

Wow!! There are so many of us! Imagine how many other people are struggling with this? Probably people we work with, are relate to, live by...it's clearly more widespread then we think...and yet we all thought we were alone xx

Oh my goodness, I can relate to so much.

I'd binge on ready meals, crisps, cakes, biscuits etc.... when I was alone in the flat, then put the rubbish (evidence) in a plastic bag and put it under the bed in the spare room so that I could put it straight into the outdoor bin and my bf would never know.

Once, I forgot about it. My bf found it while cleaning and lectured me - not because I was eating - but because that the bag was disgusting (mouldy). He didn't care about the rest, thought I was silly for hiding it. I was so ashamed of myself! . Made me realise that I wasn't hiding it from him, but from myself!

Noticed that since I started putting rubbish in the bins I didn't go off the rails as much. Really highlighted the psychology of it.

These are fantastic tips, thank you for sharing fitz! xx

This is exactly it.........
Why is it more comforting to sit at home alone in front of the TV just because we have no plans - I have even said no to going out to stay in and eat scrummy things. Not wanting to go out because I feel so low about myself/weight/appearance, but staying in to make things even worse. I am living alone for the first time and find that my eating habits have got alot worse - now I don't need to eat in secret from a partner as I am doing it alone all the time anyway - except now I seem to be in secret from the world in my save haven at home. I am trying lots of distractions now to not eat - getting on here for a start - thinking about my slim friends and how they act towards food - going to step or aerobics classes - listing things on abay - reading - going to bed early - it all helps to get out of the kitchen and distract from food. It is soo lovely for us all to be able to discuss these things here and to know we are totally NOT alone in the world in what we do/have done.
Good luck to us all - and everyone who is struggling with something.xxx

These are fantastic tips, thank you for sharing fitz! xx

I totally eat in secret but i think its beacuse i am embarassed to eat in front of people, for example if i have had a meal with my husband i don't want him to know that i want goodies later so i sneak biscuits and other food and hide the wrapers in the bin ( and i mean hide them ) and i know am not hungry i just want it so badly, also i will have any excuse to go to the shop for milk or anything so i can eat in the car, and i don't know why i do it? Its so hard !

Back