Secret Slimming in Paris

Your day with the booze sounded so low calorie apart from it- just look at your breakfast and lunch! Entirely superfree! Can totally forgive the extra booze syn! and we totally carry them over from previous days where we under synned btw! ;) Some people do 'weekly syns' where so long as the weekly total is 105 syns or less, you can have as many or few syns as you want in a day... Not everyone gets great losses that way but lots of people love it! Means if one day you only had a couple of syns because you just didnt need them, you can have that cheeky dessert another day ;)
Haha they have M&S in Dubai too!

Had a great time in Paris over xmas... I have been to Paris quite a few times for film work in the past few years but this one my boyfriend amd I just did a touristy romantic mini break (half of which was soent in disneyland LOL ;) I LOVE that place!)
Notre Dame is my favourite! Love the gargoyles...
I know what you mean about Parisians being rude- sheesh! We got battered trying to walk around Gare De Nord station at rush hour, like a stampede! This man bashed into me so hard and didnt even apologise! I was practically winded :|

I loved all of the xmas markets along Champs E'! Vin chaud mmmm-hmmm! ;) x

My lovely hairdresser friend has just left after doing a wonderful job on my hair!

Just wanted to do my food diary before I go to sleep but I'll be back on tomorrow to write a bit more.

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) bacon and 2 dry-fried eggs
Lunch: Salad (mixed lettuce, tomatos, cucumber, pepper and mushrooms) with a slice of wafer thin ham and wafer thin chicken and a sour cream and chive sauce made from syn free youghurt
Snacks: fruit salad (rasperry, mango, kiwi, blueberry, banana)
Dinner: Beef stew (made it with some root veg but I only ate the beef, onions, leeks and carrots) with cabbage and 1 dumpling (quite a big one, 70g so I'm saying 9 syns as its 3 syns per 28g) Also, I did put a few gravy granules in the stew so I'll add 2.5 syns for that (I'd rather over-estimate!)

Total syns: 11.5

So didn't manage to do it totally syn-free but I refused loooads of alcohol, didn't have any rice with it and stopped at 1 dumpling - that must count for something right???

x

Thanks so so so much for the help and encouragement everyone! It really is motivating :D

Yesterday was quite challenging as, as the name of the thread suggests, I don't want anyone to know I'm trying to lose weight (other than Fabien). So I decided I couldn't really serve myself a seperate portion of stew with no gravy infront of three of my friends - they def would have picked up on it! And anyway, it was really nice and worth it and not tooo highly syned!

I did manage to sneakily put a bowl aside before adding the gravy granules and the dumplings and I had that today for lunch at work. It was really just as nice!

I'm so happy my weekend has finally begun! Tonight I'm going to get in my pjs, watch TV and focus on the stress melting away! I've taken two days off next week (Friday&Saturday) and so I've actually got a really good week ahead of me too!

Breakfast: fruit salad (rasperry, mango, kiwi, blueberry, banana)

Lunch: beef stew (beef, leeks, onions & carrots) served with steamed cabbage

Dinner: Double bacon & egg burger (extra lean mince) on 2slices wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (HEB), lettuce, tomatos and 0% fromage blanc with chives.

It was lovely, just the sort of comfort food I was after!

Its amazing how versatile slimming world is!

I am definitely going to be snacking infront of the TV this evening so I'm off to make a biiiig bowl of fruit salad!

x

Hey!
Glad you had a nice time with your friends. All my friends know I'm doing Slimming World. Been at it over 4 years so it's not like I could hide it that long lol! But I don't like to force them to eat healthily all the time too, so sometimes I'll have a meal totally off plan or we cook relatively healthy and I just syn stuff. Still gotta have a life :)

Do you have any nice plans for your long weekend next week?

TV and stress-melting sounds like a very good evening plan indeed.x

I'm sure I will tell my friends at some point...some point in the distant future when they've worked it out themselves! I think, for the moment, I'm so scared of failure I can't tell anyone! Not even my parents! One of my major motivations is imagining my Mum's reaction when she sees me next.

Nothing much planned for my long weekend, I'll probably spend Friday catching up with some reading during the day and maybe have a stroll around the city.On Saturday Fabien and I will both be off (this happens so so rarely!) and so we are going to go to Rouen, a town in Normandy, as I've never been but it looks quite cute! Neither of us are really bothered about Valentines day but it will be nice to have a day out together.

I've treated myself to a green day today (despite tomorrow being WI day!) and I had the most amazing brunch! I sliced up some new potatoes and cooked them in the Actifry machine with tbsp of olive oil and had those with beans and a dry-fried egg. It was loooovely!

Does anyone notice any difference if they have a particular sort of day before WI? Might I have a smaller loss because of my green day?

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

x

Green day

Brunch:
new potatoes cooked in Actifry machine with tbsp of olive oil (HEB) with beans and a dry-fried egg & a coffee
Dinner: 3 bean & veg casserole (lentils, kidneybeans, chickpeas, onions, sweet potato, mushrooms and courgette in a passata sauce with some chilli flakes and a splash of lea&perrins) served with pasta and 30g cheddar cheese (HEA)
Snacks: Banana, Miss 0% Orangina

I have my fingers and toes crossed for WI tomorrow morning!!

x

You can tell people when you're good and ready too :)
I started SW when my friends asked me to be bridesmaid. Back then I was over 15.5st and was desperate to find something that would make me healthier and lose weight. And that's when my SW journey began. I had about two years from when they asked and I think I was just under 12st and I'd gone from a 22 to a 14!! But it meant that EVERYBODY knew lol. Tbh though I tell everyone everything about me. I'm good with secrets, unless it's about me ;)
You'll get there when you feel more comfortable.

Yeah I was never in to Valentines Day either. Although I have only had a boyfriend for 2 Valentines days in my whole life, so that could be why lol.

Green days are gooooood ;) The best in fact! You could have a smaller loss because of a green day, but don't worry about it too much. Just enjoy the food and losses will show when they happen.xx

Just weighed in - i'm down 2 kilos! Yeeeyyy!

Now, to celebrate, i'm going back to sleep!!

X

Cheeky, you must have felt amazing the day of the wedding! I really hope I can be so focused! You have lost so much and I bet you do feel so much healthier!

I'm mainly worried about my weight when I go to Barcelona. I'll be with a friend from work who is a major gossip who is really lovely but makes a big deal out of stuff and I don't want her to know! (Friends is one thing, work friends is a whole other kettle of fish!) I hope, by magic, we go to restaurants with lots of free foods........ I may even have to do a pre-emptive no syn week before I leave!

But I'm insanely happy with my loss! It means I have lost just over a stone! Woohoo! 7kg down, 3kg to until my next target!

Here's hoping I can do it!! x

2kg off- wowowow!!! :D well done, that's awesome!

I know EXACTLY how you feel about not letting people know you are dieting! Only my bf and mum knew for the first 6 months- I really really didnt want my dad's side of the family knowing as they are all yo-yo dieters... I didnt want that added pressure of being seen as a failure if I didnt manage to keep it up! But once I finally rolled out of the 'obese bmi' range, after losing 20% of my body weight, the extended family were picking it up (I didnt see them much that first 6 months) and I was about to go on hol with my dad so had to explain- there was no way I coukd hide ordering food without oil etc for 2 weeks!!
Luckily at that point I felt comfortable enough with it all, confident I'd lose the rest :) there will come a time where it doesnt feel embarassing anymore! For ages I was mortified at the idea of people on FB knowing too- I'd spent my whole life trying to seem cool with my weight, happy, etc... Didnt want people to think I was making an effort to change!
I still kwwp it quiet on there now but am not scared to talk to any of my friends about it- some of my slim friends have asked my for tips to shift a few lbs too :O lol!

Glad you enjoyed your stew :) for a while I just pretended I had gotten fussy about everything, so not me ;) haha.

How was your day trip? :) or is that next weekend? X

Thanks Tetris! I'm superly proud with my loss considering it's *week! 3 days in and I'm dying! I can't remember having such bad cramps for a long time. I also feel really bloated which, on second thoughts, probably hasn't been helped by me having another green day full of beans and pulses!

Day trip is next Saturday :). This weekend has been all about doing as little as possible! Although I did finally go and see the Wolf of Wall Street this morning. Went with a friend to the cinema on the Champs Elysées as it's close to her work and I was so surprised by the cinema! It's the first time I've been to that one and it's so grotty and there's not even a cup holder! The bonus was that we went to the ealiest viewing and had the room to ourselves! I always get wriggly in the cinema so it was nice to be able to wriggle freely! That film is soooo long (like 3 hours?!) but I did quite enjoy it. It's rated as a 12 in France...can you imagine 12 year olds watching that?? I'm sure it must be more in England!!

Green Day

Breakfast (in the cinema!) blueberries, banana & kiwi salad
I'm going down to Lyon to stay with my BF next month and I'll definitely tell her when I see her. She is so skinny (a size 6!) but we've been BFs since we were 8 (15years ago!! eeeek!) and she knows a lot more embarassing stuff about me than a diet! I'm not going to tell her before because I'd sort of like to see if she notices anything. I haven't seen her since Christmas and I'm hoping to have lost at least 1.5 stones by the I go down. It probs won't be visible but you never know!
with an espresso
Lunch the rest of yesterdays 3 bean casserole, sprinkled with loooads of cheese (HEA) with sliced 'actified' new potatos (HEB1)

Haven't even thought about dinner yet. To be honnest my cramps are so bad I really don't feel like eating at the moment. I'll probs get peckish later on though so I'll update if necessary!

x

Ah 3 days after * week might be your 'drop time' then- a lot of people gain/bloat 3 days before *week then get their best loss 3-7 days after *week! I usually get my best loss of the month about 4 days after period, it's a nice bonus!
Sorry that you've had such awful cramps :( hope you have a hot water bottle and pain killers at hand!
Bit TMI here but I noticed that I get really bad gas pain around * week, so I avoid gassy things like beans and small portions only of onions and eggs etc!
I still haven't seen Wolf yet, I plan to though but I'm just trying to pluck up the courage to sit through 3hrs of Leo (hate that guy lol!) everyone seems to have loved it though! I am soooo wriggly at the cinema :p it's embarassing! I always sit where there's a bar to put feet up or whatever, rather than a chair to kick in front of me :p

It'll be really nice to confide in your friend that you're on a diet- it felt like a relief when I told my friend Eliza and finally could be open about it to someone! No-one noticed my losses until about 3st down lol, I was really annoyed :p
So nice that you guys have been friends that long- wow! So you are 23 like me then? :D (Did the MATHS :O) and we're both called Sophie, yay!

I wish I was the type to get less hungry around period, but usually I'm in chocolate stuffing mode :p and * week seems to be my excuse for sweet naughties!
Hope you feel better soon x

Hey!
I did feel good at the wedding, but my dress was a little tight still :eek: I did lose more and tried the dress on and it was literally hanging off me! But the illness weightgain of last year has gotten me back to 12st! Hopefully getting rid of it again soon tho :)

I didn't feel the 3hrs for The Wolf Of Wall Street and I absolutely loved it. But then I do like Leo. A 12?! Wow! lol! Think it was a 15 here. Way too much sex and drugs for it to be a 12!!

Hope your cramps and stuff bugger off soon. Not nice :( x

I can't wait until I such massive results! I think you have done really well to only gain a stone and its even more amazing that you're back on track. I am sure you have iron will power!

I'm still always suprised how France is so laid back in regards to nudity etc. Quite often you can come accross a 'naught' film on normal tv at like 9pm! Wtf??

I didn't go to work today as I have a massive migraine and so went to the doctors and he gave me the whole week off! That's France for you! A lot of stuff is a bit strange but social rights/care here are second to none!

I've been 100% on plan today but started feeling guilty about how much I'm eating which I'm now convinced is actually really silly! My focus this early on should be sticking to plan and I should let myself feel good about doing so. I have time to think about the portions question further down the line or if my losses stop. At the moment it's coming off quite nicely (over a stone in 5weeks baring in mind one of those weeks was my birthday week and I had 3 meals out, ate a box of chocolates and drank a bottle of champagne!) I will let myself be happy about that!

Food so far:

Red day

Lunch: Steamed salmon filet with a whole head of broccoli
Snack 1: Massive fruit salad (1 banana, 2 kiwis, 2 apples, handful of blueberries) 2xrasberry yoghurt (I think this must be free, it's 0%fat and sugar and I compared the nutritional info to mullerlight yoghurts, they have fewer calories, sugar and fat but more protein and fibre...) It's a shame mullerlights don't exist here!
Snack 2: 2 x small piece of wholemeal bread (HEB1) 2 x dry fried egg
Snack 3: 2xlight dairylea triangles

So yeah, I'm having a hungry day but at least its all free or superfree!

I will probs be snacking more before dinner as Fabien doesn't get back until 11pm on Tuesdays so will be having a late dinner!

Was planning on making roast lamb with veg got tea but when I looked at the lamb I realised it was mega fatty! I literally spent 30mins trimming all the fat off and had to cut it into small chunks to get it all off. When I'd finished I weighed the fat and there was 278g! to 530g of meat! Crazy! Anyway I seasoned it with rosemary; thyme and garlic and now it's simmering away in the oven. Going to do brussel sprouts and cauliflower with it plus some rice for Fabien.

Bisous

Last edited:
Sophie - a stone plus in 5 weeks is brilliant. Never feel guilty about enjoying some treats along the way - you can't diet 100% of the time and anyway, by having the treat and getting back on plan you are learning how to manage food so that once you've lost the weight, you won't regain it. SW is really for life!

To be honest, you haven't eaten that much, given that you didn't have breakfast. Your snack of bread and egg is rather like a late brekkie. As you're not eating your main meal until very late, you need something to keep you going.

Hope you got rid of the migraine - how nice to be signed off for the rest of the week.

Hey!
Hope your migraine is doing a little better? :)

I'm with Patty about the food. Don't make yourself feel guilty or bad about things or you'll end up putting too much pressure on yourself!
Over a stone in 5 weeks is incredible :D Super well done for that.xx

Thanks ladies! I was being really silly yesterday. I really need to stop getting ahead of myself and recognise my achievements!

The migraine has worn off a bit and turned into a headache. I'm still trying to stay away from screens as it seems to make it worse!

I was feeling a bit bleugh (probably cabin fever!) so I have just been for an hours walk by the Seine to clear my head and get a bit of fresh air. It was really nice and definitely needed!

Tetris, I forgot to say how exciting it is that we're both 23 and called Sophie! What a funny coincidence!

Today is going to be another red day.

Breakfast: 2xwmb (HEB1) with 2 eggs
Snack: Pink lady apple
Lunch: Bolognaise sauce with 30g cheese (HEA1) and lots of steamed cabbage followed by a free blueberry yoghurt
Snack: banana, mango and rasberry salad & 1xlight dairylea triangle (1.5syns)
Dinner: SW chicken lemon and garlic casserole with lots of superfree (cauliflower, carrots, onions, mushrooms, courgettes) served with cabbage and 30g cheese (HEA2)

Syns: 1.5

I'll update as necessary!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Last edited:
Just been to see Dallas Buyers Club - I definitely reccommend it!

Had a banana and an apple with a diet coke in the cinema.

Just got home and made a ham and chicken toastie (15g cheese 1/2HEA1 2xwmb HEB1)

I'm making SW pulled pork for dinner tonight. I've just made the BBQ sauce and it is loooovely! I have high hopes for tonight!

x

Back