Secret Slimming in Paris

Hey guys!

Bit boring today, don't have much to moan about! Had a straight forward day. Nice weather again so had another picnic on the esplanade.

Managed to clean the house and do some ironing before going to work this morning which means I can relax a bit tonight! Just need to pack my suitcase.

Will be leaving at 8am tomorrow morning to go to Lyon. I'm sure I'm going to have a few meals off plan, considering I'm staying with my friend but I've suggested we go to the supermarket when I get there and I'll cook which would be a good solution (and I love cooking!)

Had another Green Day as I really fancied a jacket for tea!

Breakfast: WM muffin, 2 eggs, ff yoghurt with cinnamon and 1tsp honey (1syn)
Lunch: 70g pasta with lots of veg-filled sauce served with a big rocket salad and followed by fruit salad
Snack: kiwi & apple
Dinner: Jacket potato with beans, cheese (HEA) & salad

x

Just had my jacket potato - it was looooooooooooooooooooooooovely! I used both HEAs again :eek: but they are there to use! And only used one syn today so it should be fine :D x

Hey! I'm in Lyon! Had such a lovely day - I even got a bit sunburnt as I totally wasn't expecting it to be too hot!

Had a good food day too as we went to the supermarket together!

Breakfast: Apple, grated carrots &
Lunch: chicken salad & free strawberry yoghurt
Dinner: chicken & veg curry with cauliflower mash
Snack: strawberries

A lovely day!

Now we're having a few cheeky drinks! We're drinking rum with diet tropical soft drinks - only 2.5 syns per drink!

x

Hey dude!
Sounds like you're having a really good time in Lyon. Well, apart from the sunburn. Hope it's not too ouchy!

Just want to say that I totally relate to life being a constant struggle and a fight. It's not fun, but it's what we do and who we are isn't it. Just want to give you a big *HUG* because I totally get it and think you're awesome.xx

Thanks, Mrs Ginger!

And thank you, Cheeky! That's so touching! To be honest I am so lucky at the moment, everything is almost too good! I'm sure you'll see the same happen soon!

Had a chilled day today. Started with brunch on the balcony then cycled to Parc de la Tête d'Or, had a picnic and walked around. They have botanical gardens there and a free zoo with giraffes and stuff, it was really nice and the animals looked really happy! We then went down by the Rhone for a drink. All in all it was lovely!

The weekend hasn't panned out as expected. My bestie is in a pretty intense relationship which started 7 weeks ago, so I hadn't met the guy yet and didn't realise how serious it was already. Anyway, he ended up being there from the off so our girly weekend was kind of forgotten and (bummer for me) they are a couple who are not shy so lots of PDA! I've felt like a bit of a 3rd wheel but he is lovely! I think next time I'll be sure to bring my husband to balance out the situation!

Don't get me wrong, I've had a lovely time, it's just not what I was expecting.

Anyway, more importantly, I had another good day food wise!

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1 slice wm bread, banana & ff fromage blanc
Lunch: poached salmon salad, free yoghurt & banana
Dinner: leftover curry & cauli mash with broccoli

I managed to avoid a mega faux pas! When we went for a drink by the Rhone, its my friends bf who went to order (and pay for) the drinks. I ordered a coke zero but he came back with an original coke! I initially panicked because I didn't want to be rude (i've already been fussy all weekend with food) but anyway I decided to just be honest, apologise and went to buy a sparkling water instead. It was awkward but i'm pleased I did it! I probably saved myself loads of syns by being honest!

I'll catch up properly tomorrow!

Xxx

I'm not seeing any lights at the end of these tunnels, but you never know eh? :)

That's a shame that your friend brought her new boyf and you didn't get to bring your Mr. Did you know he was coming along at all?

Sounds like you have had a really nice time though :) And pretty brave for you to do that over the Coke. I wouldn't drink full sugar Coke anyway, can't stand the taste! But, yeah, good move I reckon.xx

There might be a couple of bends in the tunnel but the light is there - keep on going!

Well, the thing is my friend, we'll call her D, lives in Lyon. So I go down quite regularly (there is a new train company in France which is really cheap - 20€ return for a 300 mile journey on a TGV, so only takes 1 and a half hours!) and I stay with her. Normally we have a really girly weekend with lots of wine and gossip. I knew she was seeing someone, and she did mention that he's been staying at hers quite regularly but I didn't realise they were inseparable! I spoke to D on the phone a couple of weeks before going down and asked her if I'd meet her bf and she was insistent that she wanted a girly catch-up weekend which is why I wasn't really mentally prepared! And if I had known I def would have brought F with me!

I really was worried I was coming over as really high maintenance and ungrateful over the coke but he seemed to take it OK!

One little problem, ladies...I am going crazy! Last night I had a dream I was sneaking through my grandparents cupboards and stealing chocolates... It seemed so real that this morning when I got in the shower I was mentally counting the chocs I had eaten and feeling really guilty about all the syns. I didn't realised it had been a dream until I was telling D how guilty I felt!! So strange!

Here's hoping my dreams will be more 'normal' tonight!!x

Food today was pretty good but I have been soooo snacky. *week is due around now which sucks as I'll be WI tomorrow...!

Breakfast: 1 boiled egg, 1slice wm bread
Train snack: kiwi & banana mixed with ff fromage blanc
Lunch: Tuna salad with 2 olives (0.5 syns I think)
Snack: slice of wm bread with 2 light DL triangles (HEA) and 4 slices of ham, a whole punnet of strawberries
Dinner: pork casserole made in slow cooker with loads of veg

It's been lovely weather today - 25 degrees in the courtyard this afternoon! I sat on my windowsill all afternoon in shorts eating strawberries - that is the life!

Hahaha! Welcome to bizarro dream land ;) I often have dreams about eating lol Had one last week about cake :p

It is a bit annoying that your friend didn't end up doing the girly weekend she wanted. Maybe next time just take F with you ..... if she's still with him ;) xx

I have never had such a strange dream! Yeah, I definitely will be be bringing F with me!!

So just had my WI and...................I've lost 2kgs! :party0048:

I'm really surprised as I'm pretty sure *week is lurking round the corner!

Soooo, this means I get my 2 stone award and my club 10 - yeeeeyyyy!

It also means I'm treating myself to an amazing brunch!

x

Congrats on another 2kgs off!! I am so damn jealous :D
Sounds like you had a great timr at Lyon- free zoo! Cool!! But bummer about your friend and all that PDA, I'd be pretty miffed!

I could also relate to your post about your rocky past! Mynparents split when I was 10 whih was when I started bige eating. Early teens were difficult, lots of emotional issues and issues with parents (nothing like yours though- caring for your dad at 13 must have been so hard!!) and I just let myself eat and hate myself for it until I settled down with G and things became stable enough to work on my weight! Quite similar, huh?
You're doing so damn well and your positivity just radiates off of your diary :D inspiring x

Woohoo 2k off is fabulous you're doing so well! Very pleased for you xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies!

I have just over come another massive task: refusing chocolate fudge cake! It's a colleagues birthday so she brought a cake in and someone actually brought it to my desk so I could have a piece. There was no way I was eating it but having it sit there and look at me was sooo difficult! There was a soft breeze bringing that lovely cake-y smell right to my nose....torture!!

I survived though! Left my desk to 'go to the loo' and scoffed a banana :D

Just had a small salmon salad for 'lunch' (started at 2pm today so my meals have gone wild!)

x

Woohoooo! Well done on the fabby loss!

As for Lyon, the weather sounds amazing, so jealous! You did so well staying on plan too.

Sounds like you're really in the 'zone' at the moment, chocolate fudge cake is my kryptonite! xxx

Believe me ladies - it was SO hard! I had a little niggling thought in my head 'you have a whole week to get the cake off before weigh in' but it just wouldn't have been worth it! I am really enjoying all the fresh fruit & veg with SW and I want to keep appreciating fresh food and natural sugar and I think having that cake might very well have set me back!

Bev, I think I am in the zone at the moment...but don't say it too loud - don't want to jinx it!! Seeing those numbers go down is such an amazing feeling. I feel really in control of my body for once, which is nice and I want it to really become my life!

Can't remember if I mentioned it on my diary or elsewhere but I used to smoke **major blush** and stopped pretty much cold turkey in November. The other day a colleague I hadn't really spent much time with lately asked me if I wanted to go out for a quick ciggy with him and I was genuinely confused for a moment: Me?? Go out for a cigarette?? I'm not a smoker!

It was so funny, like it was a different person. Now, when people smoke around me, the smell literally makes me feel sick.

I want SW to become to me like what not smoking has become.

So, food today! (Red day):

Breakfast: wm muffin (HEB), lean bacon, tomatoes & dry-fried eggs
Lunch: Smoked salmon salad followed by mango
Snack: banana (to stop me eating choccy cake!)
Snack: Lots of strawberries
Dinner: marinated chicken with roasted veg (in the oven now!)

x

Last edited:
Wow a 2kg loss is amazing!! :eek: YAY!!

Super well done on resisting the cake! I find it difficult sometimes in work as clients give us prezzies or someone bakes or one of the bosses goes to Costco for stuff. Argh!! Most of the time I can happily ignore it, but every so often something really tries me. And very occasionally I cave in! Usually though when I'm not counting syns for the day for whatever reason there aren't even any biscuits LOL!

Also amazing on quitting smoking. That must take some serious balls!! I tried smoking once and it did not end well ;) Plus I have asthma, a heart condition, and new illness so always getting pestered by Dr's and nurses to make sure I'm not smoking or drinking :rolleyes: I know, I'm not an idiot!
It breaks my heart a bit though because my Sister smokes and our Dad died from oral and throat cancer due to smoking and excessive drinking 8 years ago when he was 49. She's not silly either and she know's what's what and she's very clever and educated and blah blah blah! So to me, hearing that someone has quit smoking is just amazing and I genuinely think "You might have just saved your own life" :eek: Sorry if that's a bit over the top and stuff, just wanted to congratulate you :) xx

Thanks, Cheeky!.You are so right/ I am still really embarrassed that I ever started smoking. I was so against it growing up and it used to drive me crazy when my Dad smoked and so wanted him to stop! I blame it partially on being in France... The whole attitude to smoking is so different, so much more relaxed. It's really a social thing and all my friends and colleagues smoked (not kidding - every one of them!) and so I just fell in to it, despite my better judgement!

But it's over now! Smoke free and I can really feel the difference already! I know what you mean about your sister, but it is so hard to stop. It's just like losing weight, people can tell you to do it until they are blue in the face but nothing will happen until you've had the magic 'click'!

Had such a lovely day today, it was really Sunny and I was early for work so I walked the last leg of the journey which took about 40 mins. I took some really nice photos to show you but couldn't upload them for some reason :(

*week has fiiiinally arrived - thank goodness for that! Can't wait for the bloated-ness and moodiness to pass!

Spent this afternoon working with a small team out of office and finished up with a few drinks (I was very good and had diet coke!).

Had another red day which went like this:

Breakfast: 2xwmb (HEB) & 2x boiled eggs
Snack: Mango
Lunch: Ham salad & banana
Dinner: sausage casserole (3 syns for 3 reduced fat sausages) & broccoli

The casserole was loooovely! Did loads of veg in the slowcooker overnight (carrots, onions, courgettes, peppers & mushrooms with tinned tomatoes a bit of garlic and a stock cube) and cooked the sausages in the oven this evening. Served it with steamed broccoli. My plate was huuuuuge but 90% of it was superfree so I don't feel guilty!

I really do love veg that has been cooked in the slowcooker. I love how it melts in the mouth and is so tasty! Nothing worse than undercooked carrots, in my opinion!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day!xx

Amazing that you resisted the cake!! So awesome that you are so boosted by your losses and that makes you want to stay away from the naughties. It took me a while to realise thst st the end of the day, that cake is only nice for 5 mins and then the guilt of the syns hovers over you until WI! I totally would have at least had a spoonful of icing though if it was the soft stuff ;) x

Back