Secret Slimming in Paris

Near Granville at the bottom of the Cherbourg peninsula. There are some stunning beaches in the area with nice paths and benches so good for OH. Plenty of history, little markets to potter around and we've found that any wet weather seems to pass over quickly. Really looking forward to it.

Wow Sophie! The extra running is amazing :D

I love sushi! Never got to try it with actual fish in before I went veggie though. But some of the veggie stuff is really well done and quite inventive. Mmmm sushi!!
My only issue with it is it's a bit expensive for what you get. But it is a lovely treat :)
One of my cheap and different lunches is a veg sushi snack pack with a Chinese Mugshot. Dead classy ;) x

I hang my head in shame :(

I have just been to an American diner and had this: obama shake.jpg

:d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh::d'oh:

I am so so silly! I even feel sick from the sugar! I drank it out of pure greed :cry:

I am drawing a MASSIVE THICK BLACK LINE!

I am going to be saintly for the next 3 days before WI.

I may even make some soup.

x

OMG ! Sophie I don't blame you, it looks lush :drool:, I would have caved in too :p . Don't worry hun, 3 days is enough time, drink plenty u will be fine lovely :p xx

Near Granville at the bottom of the Cherbourg peninsula. There are some stunning beaches in the area with nice paths and benches so good for OH. Plenty of history, little markets to potter around and we've found that any wet weather seems to pass over quickly. Really looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, it is meant to be lovely there! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time :). Sounds like you're a regular, are the locals friendly?x

Wow Sophie! The extra running is amazing :D

I love sushi! Never got to try it with actual fish in before I went veggie though. But some of the veggie stuff is really well done and quite inventive. Mmmm sushi!!
My only issue with it is it's a bit expensive for what you get. But it is a lovely treat :)
One of my cheap and different lunches is a veg sushi snack pack with a Chinese Mugshot. Dead classy ;) x

Believe me I wouldn't have done it if F wasn't there pushing me on! I glad I did though now after todays massive failure!

It's quite reasonably priced in Paris, compared to other meals! You get quite a lot in a meal deal. F and I shared a meal deal earlier and were both full after!

Mugshots don't exist over here :( def something I'll have to try when I'm back in the UK!x

OMG ! Sophie I don't blame you, it looks lush :drool:, I would have caved in too :p . Don't worry hun, 3 days is enough time, drink plenty u will be fine lovely :p xx

Thanks Kay! I do feel really silly! I'd just ordered a salad and made a fuss about no sauce and the chicken being grilled etc, then when they brought over the milkshake list I cracked! Gahhh! Why do I do this??

How are you hun?xx

Thanks Kay! I do feel really silly! I'd just ordered a salad and made a fuss about no sauce and the chicken being grilled etc, then when they brought over the milkshake list I cracked! Gahhh! Why do I do this??

How are you hun?xx

lol haha ! your just like me fussing over calories in salad dressing then having a big dessert after ! :D I have a mega sweet tooth too ! Think we should both go to the dentist to have it taken out ! :giggle: xx

lol haha ! your just like me fussing over calories in salad dressing then having a big dessert after ! :D I have a mega sweet tooth too ! Think we should both go to the dentist to have it taken out ! :giggle: xx

If only that was possible, I'd be first in line!! xx

Hahaha don't we all do this? I had an enormous peanut butter milkshake at weekend in an American diner style place and if it's any consolation the scales say I'm having a little loss this week :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hahaha don't we all do this? I had an enormous peanut butter milkshake at weekend in an American diner style place and if it's any consolation the scales say I'm having a little loss this week :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That REALLY is reassuring, Mrs G! That was a peanut butter AND chocolate milkshake! I would love to pull off a loss, especially after my STS last week!

Need to get back in the zone!x

I'm also feeling sorry for myself. I've been getting really sharp lower abdominal pain over the last few days. It squeezes really tight for 20/30 seconds when the pain is excruciating then it passes. I'm putting it down to PMS but I don't normally get that type of pain :cry:x

If only that was possible, I'd be first in line!! xx

I'm normally too lazy to make some of the SW dessert recipes, but some of them on their website are fab.

After seeing your pic, I've just seen this knickerbocker glory for 3.5 syns, looks lush. :D xx

search0035TGGB.jpg

I'm also feeling sorry for myself. I've been getting really sharp lower abdominal pain over the last few days. It squeezes really tight for 20/30 seconds when the pain is excruciating then it passes. I'm putting it down to PMS but I don't normally get that type of pain :cry:x

Oh no hun just seen this, hope you feel better soon, have u taken any tabs ? xx

ooooh! That does look lush!x

Stupidly no!

I try and stay off painkillers and as the pain is so sporadic I'm not sure if taking paracetamol is the best way of managing it. It comes in bursts of intense breath-stopping pain and then goes away again...it's hard to anticipate! It seems to be worse when I bend over or when I lie on my tummy...

Oh well, if *week doesn't show soon to take the pain away I'll have to make an appointment with my gynecologist. I could do without paying the 60€ he charges up front though!x

Oh no hun, nothings more important than your health :). I had something similar last year and I had an ultrasound done in the x ray department to check if I had any kidney stones or any other issues, its worth getting a scan or x ray done hun, better to be sure xx

Oh no hun, nothings more important than your health :). I had something similar last year and I had an ultrasound done in the x ray department to check if I had any kidney stones or any other issues, its worth getting a scan or x ray done hun, better to be sure xx

I know, I definitely should go. Especially as he has all that sort of material in his office. He'd probably be happy to see I've lost almost 25kg since I last saw him! If it hasn't worn off by tomorrow night I'll try and make an appointment for Monday :)

Thanks for caring!x

I know, I definitely should go. Especially as he has all that sort of material in his office. He'd probably be happy to see I've lost almost 25kg since I last saw him! If it hasn't worn off by tomorrow night I'll try and make an appointment for Monday :)

Thanks for caring!x

Your welcome hun, wow he will be well shocked that you've lost 25kg ! that's amazing ! :p I hope your pain goes away soon with the painkillers and your feeling much better lovely :) xx

That milkshake does look delicious - I'm not surprised you caved in! OK, perhaps you feel foolish for having 'fussed' about the salad dressing first, but you were practicing damage limitation. You'd be in a far worse situation calorie wise had you had the dressing as well.

The pains sound nasty; could it be a grumbling appendix? I would suggest a break from running for as long as they last.

We have been to Granville before but I wouldn't say the locals are particularly friendly but then I've never found the French to be particularly towards we English - except when DD was very young and we'd get her to ask for baguettes in bakeries (in French) and other similar things. Perhaps because this little girl was speaking French to them, they thought we could speak the language too. Unfortunately, I was never good at stringing words together, although I have a fairly good memory of vocabulary! Last time we went, OH was taken ill - cue trip to hospital in an ambulance and trying to understand what was being said when neither side could speak each other's language and the situation not being helped by not being able to hear either!

(OH was sent away with a strong prescription and we cut our 3 week holiday short after 2 weeks. He soon recovered when we got home but it was an awful long drive home to North Yorkshire).

Oh wow that shake looks amazing, don't blame you one bit. Infact send it my way!

Making some soup eh? ;) haha, knew you'd go back to the dark side. Xx

Back