Secret to shaping up

Evening Swingers - forgot how hard Wk5 Cardio is. I was praying for the end of the first set as it seems to go on forever and I was totally knackered. It has that squat thrust thing (like on Superstars for those older Swingers!!! :)) and then you follow that with an upright row. I just did the squat and upright rows instead!!

Pleased you've dusted yourself off Kron after you're weekend of indulgence!

Hi to everyone and glad we're all swinging away happily. Catch ya later. xx

Well done on week 5 sue :) I feel like round 2 is taking me forever to complete, I still have core and cardio to do in week 3!! Can't believe the weekend Is over, booooo!

Just quickly checking in to say WOW Kron you look amazing and very teeny weeny, I'm very envious and inspired!
I'm having bother getting a 10kg kettlebell. Have ordered one form three different places but each have cancelled......because I'm in Northern Ireland I think, the delivery charges are outrageous. Amazon want about 50 quid for one 10kg bell!! Pity Argos don't do bigger bells ;( I'll keep looking

I got a 20lb bell a while ago for my birthday and I haven't really used it yet, I just didn't know how to start! I love the idea of it though, it looks proper hardcore! Just need to work out how not to kill myself or put a window through! :eek:

Toola great to hear those scales are moving, and you got wk 2 resistance done x

Mama boo to your PT how rude and as chick said very unproffesional, but not to worry you have kw and us to help you along :) You have the added bonus of having swung before with a trainer so way ahead of the all of us when we first started. Well done on getting your stone off, are you wanting to lose more? I am not far from London so you have a swinger nearby ;)Once you have your routine set up, it will just be like training with a PT, you will do great. Have fun with it, keep your 8 and 6 handy and swap around as you work through the routine, and as you have the bonus dvds if you want to work out longer you can :) ps I think fast burn is way harder than fast abs lol

Hi Sue :) a lot more recovered today thanks lol love how Ryan throws those wicked moves in just when you think its going good :)

Chick i guess your back to work tomorrow
after your break, my weekend has flown by too :(

Biggy thanks :) Can you order one through a sports shop there, thats a stupid amount of postage, its worth coming here for a day trip to get one!

Mairiphinc welcome check out my basic moves links in my signature, theres also a link to some cheap dvds, or I can list some really good dvds which can cost up to £25 each

I have been busy this afternoon, and I have finally started kb thigh busters pics :) Need to get a few more and then will be ready to post in an album, sorry its taken so long x

Thanks!! I think I'll have a look on Youtube too if anyone has any good links?

Yes kron back to work tomorrow :( weekends go too quickly don't they?!

8 weeks And 4 days till Christmas holidays, not that I'm counting!! ;)

Off to listen to Jude law( aka slimpod- that's who he sounds like lol)

Night all :)

Will do! Using the phone app so will need to login on a Pc to see the sigs ! X

Hey swingers!

Hope ur all doing great today on this Monday morning?

Ok, so I have just this second completed my first KW's DVD! I did cardio rather than core and can tell you that this is hardcore!

I love it!!!! ?

I was sweating like bacon ? and found it a bit hard to keep up with the quick changes but I just about managed it.?

My arms are shaking as I type!

Kron/ Chickadee thanks for the encouragement. I used my 6kg and didn't even look at my 8kg cos that would've been foolhardy. It gives me something to work towards though. Kron, i think i have about another 2 stone to lose; I am down to a flat stomached size 16 and want to be around a 12 (keeping my mucho grande curves!).

After all that worry i now actually think I'll be ok! ?

Kisses

Morning everyone,

I've been sooooo naughty this weekend, have seriously not stopped eating! Pizza friday, Pie Saturday then out for a meal last night!!!!

Round two also seems to be taking me ages, only half way through wk 3, did do some measurements last week though and have lost another 2cm off hips so am now under 100cm woohoo, its just my thighs that need to catch up.

Its lovely to see so many newbies on here, Kron you should be getting commission from KW!!! :8855: But lets face it all that matters is that we get results.

My SIL is doing it with me this time, and she doesn't think its making much of a difference for her but she's not changed her eating habits at all so we'll see.

My mum has ordered me an 8kg for xmas (the pink one was £23 inc postage on ebay) she couldnt believe it when it arrived nearly dropped it!!!

Right swingers i'm doing wk3 Cardio tonight but considering doing a fast abs this morning to give my metabolism a good kick up the backside!!! :D

Hi all I am getting ready for class, it's the trainers birthday so taking him a cake, I hope he shares it :)

Mama great to hear you enjoyed and you will catch on to the moves quite quickly and reaching for your 8 before you know it :)

Donzy you and me both having a way off plan weekend, looks like I put on 3 1/2lb ooops lol Great toear you have an 8 for Christmas will you be able to use it before then :) good luck with getting back on track food wise and getting a bot of extra swinging in to make your body a fat burning machine :)

Just this minute finished Cardio wk1 and I'm sweating!!
Because of my arthritis I had to do down from my 5kg to my 5lb bell for 2nd set of the boxing bit and the part where you hold one arm out to the side and pull up the bell with your other arm as my wrist couldn't support it.
I also couldn't do the cross over push ups even on my knees, I don't seem to have the strength in my wrists to do it, any tips please xx

Hey swingers!

Hope ur all doing great today on this Monday morning?

Ok, so I have just this second completed my first KW's DVD! I did cardio rather than core and can tell you that this is hardcore!

I love it!!!! ?

I was sweating like bacon ? and found it a bit hard to keep up with the quick changes but I just about managed it.?

My arms are shaking as I type!

Kron/ Chickadee thanks for the encouragement. I used my 6kg and didn't even look at my 8kg cos that would've been foolhardy. It gives me something to work towards though. Kron, i think i have about another 2 stone to lose; I am down to a flat stomached size 16 and want to be around a 12 (keeping my mucho grande curves!).

After all that worry i now actually think I'll be ok! ?

Kisses

Hey Mama-mia,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first swinging session but seriously are you MAD LOL Cardio is EVIL :) If you love that you are gonna fly through it :) and well done on starting out with the 6kg too, sounds like it's all worked out for the best :)

The changes are very quick but you get used to it after a while and I used to pause it at the start until I had caught up so don't be afraid to do that if you need to :) Don't tell Ryan I said that though ;)

Susie- think you are doing the right thing by switching down on 2nd set if you need to - your wrist might feel better as your strength/technique improves - I'm sure Kron will have better advice than I could offer :)

Enjoy your class Kron, go easy on your trainer :) When you mentioned a cake I had visions of a Kettlebell shaped cake - please tell me it was?? :)

Donzy - might join you on week 3 cardio tonight, least I'll know I won't be alone in my agony lol Or should I do Core tonight....hmmmm.....Just want week 3 DONE!!!

Yay, week 3 Cardio done and I actually enjoyed it :eek: It is MUCH easier than 1 and 2 so that's probably why!! Managed to figure out how to track cals on HRM but at the end I looked and it said 75 cals....no way...I was sweating buckets...think I may have the settings or something wrong, will need to check again lol I'm hopeless!

Just week 3 core to do now( I think) Keep losing track because I am doing them in a mixed up order! At least posting on here keeps me on track!

Chick It was a giant cup cake, not bell shaped but decorated with bell shaped icing :) he really loved it and a total surprise, he was grinning the whole session, and he gave me a free class which was really nice of him.

Susie you may have to move down in weight or modify some of the moves. Your wrists can get stronger, mine have, and I have extremely weak wrists due to previous job. I find my wrists will give out long before my arms do even now, but are so much better than before. I couldntdo the boxing, gunslingers, curls, etc and still struggle with a few, so swap down when I need to. As long as your not doing any damage just try and do as much as you can, you should find you can do a couple more reps as time goes on. If your in pain, stop it. The gunslingers was a move I started to refuse to do when I got about half way through kw (you will meet them soon) and even now most probably couldn't do more than 5! Those cross overs are really hard, try doing it not using the bell and see how you get on. We will figure some work arounds if needed :)

Aw that was really nice he gave you a free class, teacher's pet ;) Did you get a piece??!

You will meet Gunslingers in week 3 Cardio Susie - I like them but hard going on the wrists!

Kron said:
Chick It was a giant cup cake, not bell shaped but decorated with bell shaped icing :) he really loved it and a total surprise, he was grinning the whole session, and he gave me a free class which was really nice of him.

Susie you may have to move down in weight or modify some of the moves. Your wrists can get stronger, mine have, and I have extremely weak wrists due to previous job. I find my wrists will give out long before my arms do even now, but are so much better than before. I couldntdo the boxing, gunslingers, curls, etc and still struggle with a few, so swap down when I need to. As long as your not doing any damage just try and do as much as you can, you should find you can do a couple more reps as time goes on. If your in pain, stop it. The gunslingers was a move I started to refuse to do when I got about half way through kw (you will meet them soon) and even now most probably couldn't do more than 5! Those cross overs are really hard, try doing it not using the bell and see how you get on. We will figure some work arounds if needed :)

Thanks Kron I will look out for the gunslingers!!!

My wrists hurt now but I haven't done any weight training in the gym for a few weeks and they always hurt after that but normally get better in a day or so.

I've never been able to crouch on the floor since I developed arthritis 24 yrs ago but on Saturday I was taking some photos of some boots I'm selling on eBay and I was able to crouch right down on my hunkers to take the picture. I was ecstatic I am definitely getting more flexible. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chick lol well I am his star pupil :)
Hope seeing only 75 cals burned makes you think again when custard creams are about lol
Have you checked you entered your details correctly? Strength training gives you an after burn hours after you stop, so cals burned will always be greater than just used up during actual exercise, unlike aerobic style which only burns while doing it.

Susie great to hear you feel more flexible :) what a fantastic achievement for you, and it can only get better! Hope your wrists feel better soon

Back