Secret to shaping up

eatwell said:
I have reserved a 5 kg kettlebell from Argos but not sure which DVD to buy. I don't want to spend lots because I have just spent loads on a new wardrobe for my hols in 2 weeks and also because at this stage I am not sure I will get into it. I run about 3 times a week and have started the 30 day shred to tone. I then read this thread about kettlebells and you have all really inspired me to have a go. I am hoping my remaining wobbly bits will soon be a thing of the past and that it will help me maintain. Maintaining my weight is my next challenge as I am just a 2lbs from target.

Good luck with your last 2lb's, I am 1lb away myself and would love to get to goal on Friday. 30 day shred is a great way to tone and helps with overall fitness. Kettlebells are just fab for toning and getting rid of those inches!!

I did the fast abs workout today. It only lasted about 10 mins, but gosh it was so intense. The plank and rows went on forever!!!! My poor tummy!! :)

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on ebay pls, item number 290582638938 thanks xx

traymanda said:
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me if this is a good deal on ebay pls, item number 290582638938 thanks xx

Looks a good price for 4 kettlebells. Think Argos were charging £25 for 3.

Hi all
Good stuff being posted

Hannah so pleased you are giving it a go, hope you keep us updated, I expect to hear some good results soon
Thanks for posting a discount code that was very kind of you

Eatwell firstly congrats for being so close to target, and then the maintaining journey begins :/ some threads around so support is available. We do moan alot tho lol it can be a bit of a struggle at times but just another learning curve :)
So jealous your getting ready for your holiday, mine seems like years ago lol
How much do you want to spend. Kettlebells the Ironcore Way volume 1 by Sarah Lurie on amazon for £15 is a good one to stet with. It only has one workout and is 45 mins as there are breaks between each exercise, but will give you the fundamentals and kick butt lol it made me feel it the next day :) let me know how much you want to spend and I will see what I can find

Shazz i did warn you lol 10 mins can seem a long time :)
1 LB to go, wish you the best of luck - optimise big time and you could nail it

Hi traymanda - looks like a good deal :)

Just been reading through the posts on here which are fab. Kron, ur such an inspiration, the transformation is fab.
I've just brought my first kettle bell today, before reading all ur advice and have brought a 6kg, which I'm thinking might be a bit heavy, but I've got quite good upper body strength and gain fitness quite quickly so I'm gonna give it a go. Havent got the Kettleworx DVDs, but will eventually buy them. I have the 10minute solution DVD which I'm gonna start with, and do 3, 20 minute sessions a week, plus two sessions of wii Zumba.

Forgot to say I'm a size 18 and hoping to get dwn to a size 12/14. I've just started Exante VLCD and have lost 11lb in 12 days already, I've got another 4 stone to loose, and wanted to incorporate kettle bell workouts to help with toning, as I'm worried bout saggy skin.

Now I'm back after a few days away in Somerset, I'm finishing off my shred and dusting off my kettlebells. I got some for Xmas and did a few bits as I've heard they are really effective. Thanks to this thread I should be able to get some use out of them..... Really looking forward to it lol :)

Hi Shellie
Welcome. Your 6 could be tough on certain exercises which could lead you to feeling quite achy, so be prepared :)
I havent used 10 min solutions so I hope you can let us know how you get on
Congrats on your weight loss, keep up the good work, diet is 60-70% of weight loss
Kettle bells will pull your body into shape, the design is so different from other weights.
Whether your skin fully recovers from the additional weight it has carried will depend on your age, skin elasticity etc. I am half the size I used to be, and most of my skin has retracted - I am old tho lol
Keep us updated on your progress, plenty of techniques and exercise suggestions on here if needed

Hi Cleogin
Hope you had a great time away
What size bells do you have?
Keep us posted, we are happy to help

Kron you're an inspiration! Well done on your fantastic achievement :)

Im definitely interested in this. I can't afford to buy any kettlebells at the moment but I'm keeping my eye on this thread to see how you girls are getting on. It sounds brilliant!

Hi Hoping, welcome
i have listed some basic moves on post# 27, if you can you tube some of these and give it a go it will give you a flavour of what is to come
If you want to try some of these, let me know which ones and I will suggest reps etc. i have put some links on here, so if you can spend a few minutes trawling through i hope you will find it beneficial

Hi Mets, welcome
Thank you. I hope that the posts will show how effective kbs can be and give you a taster as to the types of exercises that can be done with one bell - its a whole gym in the palm of your hand :)
post any questions you have

£15 is prob the max I could spend. I want to trim and tone rather than build big muscle. Ironman sounds rather fierce. I have found a couple of videos on YouTube to try some techniques but I think getting a DVD will keep me motivated rather than me just creating my own work outs. I will try some techniques today. Can you recommend some and how many of each?

Hi Eatwell
I promise you wont turn into Arnie, womens bodies are not made this way, and as you can see i am not musclebound.

i have found my previous post that has some links to the main exercises, so have a practice doing these

i have put in some reps to do, some you might not be able to do a full set but it gives you an idea what to work towards
The ironcore dvd sounds a bit daunting, but i can assure you it is very good

Thanks for the links Kron!! Very useful.

I ordered some kettlebells from eBay today. I'm like a kid at Christmas. Can't wait for them to arrive!! New toys!!

Hi, these are the DVDs I have and know about, so there may be someting useful for you.
I am happy to search for more, so give me your budget and i will see what I can find
Please ask any questions. i want to make sure you have a choice of a good DVD if your investing your time and money

I did see the kettleworx set on eBay for about half the price, might have been a used set
I recently bought iron core kettle bells DVD vol 1 by Sarah lurie, she is known in the industry, I didnt find it challenging enough, but would be good as a starter. She does a short rep then a minute break etc. Although I didn't feel challenged I could feel it the next day. It's about 45 minutes workout but that's due to all the breaks, you could fast forward or continue the set during the break as your fitness level grows
I also have the Goddess workout by Andrea Cane very respected. Gives you a choice of short workouts - no music, quite serious but again it works
I have Pavel -aka god of kettle bells - From Russia with Tough Love, he shows you the best technique and describes each exercise he is awesome. No real workout routine but the explanation and number of exercises he demonstrates will have you fit in no time
I have a few others that are a little more advanced.
Just got a new one so will be trying that one out for the first time tomorrow
I am absolutely amazed at my dress size, I can't believe it.
I bought a load of new clothes when I hit size 10 all of which are hanging off me -I honestly would not have believed I could get to this size

Kron said:
Hi Eatwell
I promise you wont turn into Arnie, womens bodies are not made this way, and as you can see i am not musclebound.

i have found my previous post that has some links to the main exercises, so have a practice doing these

i have put in some reps to do, some you might not be able to do a full set but it gives you an idea what to work towards
The ironcore dvd sounds a bit daunting, but i can assure you it is very good

Wow those reps sure gave me a good work out. Need to work on technique I think and I found the windmill hard to co ordinate. Thanks so much for taking time helping.

Back