Secret to shaping up

That sounds like a plan!!! :D

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Core Masterclass - enjoy :)[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The following are a few core exercises that will help shape and strengthen the mid section. [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Try with no bell for practice if needed. I have suggested reps, but listen to your body. [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Make sure you have had a quick warm up - a few swings, squats, presses. Pick a couple to do, dont do them all at once :) if you want to do a quick freestyle, just add in some of the moves you have started to learn - and yes there are more advanced moves available [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Most of these exercises should be slow, some are on kettleworx, there is no need to do 100s, a few reps with good form will produce results - dont overwork. Please let me know if haven't explained something well[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Woodchop - do not over extend, the bell should float in the air at the top of the swing, will take some practice[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGS7G6MOkjM[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10 - 12 reps each side to start - build reps up quickly[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]weight - start light, then increase[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Side bends[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]stand bell in right hand, left arm bent fingers touching side of head (a low salute), keep hips straight and still, lean to the left as far as you can then back to start - no further as this provides control and stops momentum[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10 - 12 reps each side[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]heavy bell, slow movement[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Russian Twist - check out the tips and warnings at the bottem of the page[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4681723_do-russian-twist-kettlebell.html[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]24 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]light bell[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Windmill variations[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Start with the basic windmill position and keep eyes on the up hand. Use your muscle in butt and hip to lower and raise your upper body - stick that hip out and fold down[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. Bell in lower hand moving down to the ground and back up [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. a bell in each hand [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5 - 10 reps each side[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]heavy[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]One armed row - keep back flat[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]15 - 20 reps[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]weight should make last reps hard[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]or slow it way down - 10 reps[/FONT]​
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]kettlebell squats[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]stand with your legs about shoulder-width apart and hold bell up above your head with left hand (press position). squat (butt backwards) down as low as you can while keeping your torso upright and your knees and feet pointing forward. Your torso will turn to your left naturally as you squat. Look up at the weight as you move and put your right hand or fingers on the ground (or as close as you can get) between your knees. Pause, reverse.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5 - 6 each hand.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Figure 8[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]stand with your feet a bit wider than shoulder-width apart with bell placed between your legs. Keep your back flat, hips back and down into a squatting position with your knees partially bent. Pick up the kettlebell, and pass it back and forth between your hands in a figure-eight movement through your legs. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6 - 8 reps, then change direction[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Slingshot[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]swing bell around body passing from hand to hand, swing in opposite direction[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]20 each side[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]heavy bell[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Twists - all twisting exercise will work, just imagine your waist is a screw cap, and your lower body the jar - one needs to remain still while the other twists[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hold bell at chest level with both hands, feet shoulder width apart, knees bent slightly, twist at the waist from side to side - your hips must not move, even if this means not going around very far. As you twist look behind you so twist is from waist to chin[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]20 each side[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]heavy bell[/FONT]

Aaaarrgh, the plank!! I always end up shouting at the tv for him to hurry up when I do that exercise!!!
I finally got 5kg kettlebell, so will be using it 2moro, much better than my daddy bell and baby rattle!!
Don't feel too bad today, it's mainly my sides that ache.
Thanks for all the information Kron, will come in very handy. :)

Thanks Kron, will have a proper look at those when the kiddies go to bed :D

Shazz, I'm usually too busy trying not to collapse onto my face to even shout at the TV!!!! lol

I actually dont feel too bad today either. My body must be getting used to the torture I'm putting it through ;)

That's great Sweet! My aches just got worse as the day progressed!! Infact I feel like I have been beaten up.....!! Oh well no pain no gain, or something like like :)
2moro I am doing core, think that is the easier one and with a 5kg not the big daddy one. Although the way I feel the baby rattle could quite easily come out instead, lol x

Hi everyone, what an awesome thread. Kron, you speak with such passion. Along with your photos, it's really quite inspiring. I'm going to get myself a kettle bell (maybe just 3.5kg / 4kg to start I think as when doing the 30 Day Shred, I only use 1kg ones...weakling!) I'm really committed to losing inches. I am getting married in exactly twelve months time and I would love to lose inches all over really. I am currently a Size 12-14 and have always been in and around that mark. I'll be referring to this thread a lot I reckon. Thanks to all who have contributed.

Hi all

Sweet Pink glad to hear your feeling ok, I think you will enjoy adding some freestyle into your routine so have fun

Shazz poor you, I am glad you have your 5, I have no doubt that you will be using the 7.5 on some exercises - i.e swings when you have given your body a bit of a rest.

Biggysmalls, hi welcome. Thank you for your kind comments.
A 3.5/4kg bell is great for starting so if you want to add some of these exercises with whatever your doing we can help suggest a few exercises
12/14 is a very nice size, what were you hoping to achieve. You dont need a year to drop dress sizes - you might want to consider bringing the wedding forward :)

Tonight I went to class made the mistake of eating dinner before i went, well that was hard work lol. There were only a few of us there so we mixed it up, did some double bell moves, would have enjoyed it if didnt feel bloated.
WI tomorrow, but quite confident on target now:)
But why did I shove a chocolate flake down me on the drive to class - lol

Kron is the Russian twist the same or similar to the rowing one on week 2 of core??

Chocolate flake.....Mmmmm!!!
Not a great feeling exercising too soon after eating, so you did well to finish the class Kron. :)

Morning everyone,
I wanna get the kbs but I can't afford the Kettleworx brand or anything too fancy. I'm thinking of getting the davina brand set of three from argos...it's got 2.5,5 and 7kg bells..what DVD can I get with that from amazon? And what do you guys think of the davina set?..any suggestions will be gladly welcomed...thanks and y'all have a fab fat free day....xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay!!! Week 2 cardio done & dusted!!! It didnt feel just as bad as last weeks cardio though I am almost afraid to say that incase there is some serious suffering tomorrow :eek:

elejesu, I got the york set from argos & although they are doing me fine at the moment they do feel a little clumsy at times so I will eventually buy a metal one which doesnt seem as bulky. That being said they are doing the job just fine at the moment. The set is a 2kg, 3kg & 4kg & I'm mostly using the 3kg at the minute though would like to eventually move to a 5kg one which is when I'll get a metal one i think

Well done Sweet!!! I did wk 2 Core today. Not thrilled about the rowing, but I know it's just what my abs need!
I am thinking of doing the resistance 2moro. I know I should have a rest day, but I haven't done any running this week, so I'm planning on doing two runs this weekend.
Have you taken any measurements yet Sweet?

Kron is the Russian twist the same or similar to the rowing one on week 2 of core??

Hi Sweet Pink
Slight differences
The core rower gets you to lift up and over, the russian twists keeps the bell closer to the body and you move your knees from side to side - slightly, bell twisted to right knees move to left lowering the bell to the floor each time. The aim here is that as you get stronger you do it with your heels off the floor, creating deeper inclines. I am not expecting you to be at this stage yet :) It is just a slightly different way than the rower, so incorporates some different muscles, and knowing the rower can be tough lol its just to add something a bit different from your programme

Morning everyone,
I wanna get the kbs but I can't afford the Kettleworx brand or anything too fancy. I'm thinking of getting the davina brand set of three from argos...it's got 2.5,5 and 7kg bells..what DVD can I get with that from amazon? And what do you guys think of the davina set?..any suggestions will be gladly welcomed...thanks and y'all have a fab fat free day....xxx
hi elejesu
You might not get much use from a 2.5 but it is possible on some exercises to use two bells in one hand, so could always add that little extra on a heavier bell. i think the 5 would be challenging but is doable, you will just ache a lot more - Shazz will agree with that :)
You may consider just buying a 4kg for now and buying a heavier one in a months time or so.
I find the York and other plastic bells quite big compared to the smaller metal ones, so could be bumping your legs a bit more with the figure 8 etc.
My first ever bell was metal, I used a York at a class I attended once, and didnt get on with it, but that was because I was used to mine. Metal bells are normally quite cheap in the main sports shops, so might be worth looking

I heard that there is a kettlebell routine on one of the sky channels and there are some routines on you tube - although these might have a bit too much testostorone lol

I have posted some suggestions previously but unsure of the prices Do you mind telling me a price range for a DVD and I will see what I can come up with

Hi Shazz
Did you use your 5 today, hope it was a bit better for you.
Good luck with resistance

Hi everyone. I got my shiny new kettlebell on tuesday and had a quick 10 minute practice. (I was aching a bit the next day) then did zumba yesterday so just had another little practice. Quite impressed! I got the angie miller DVD and have just done the practice sessions a few times tonight. Want to make sure I have the technique right! Have very high hopes for these kettlebells and you all sound very enthusiastic. I take it a lot of you have the kettleworx programme? Thinking of going for it! Is that the kettleworx advance? X

Hi everyone. I got my shiny new kettlebell on tuesday and had a quick 10 minute practice. (I was aching a bit the next day) then did zumba yesterday so just had another little practice. Quite impressed! I got the angie miller DVD and have just done the practice sessions a few times tonight. Want to make sure I have the technique right! Have very high hopes for these kettlebells and you all sound very enthusiastic. I take it a lot of you have the kettleworx programme? Thinking of going for it! Is that the kettleworx advance? X

The pack I have is the Kettleworx essentials which has the 6 week body transformation (core, cardio, resistance) plus fast abs & fast burn which I havent tried yet. I'm really enjoying them despite feeling sore I really feel them working.

Yeah sofartogo that's great news
Her DVD will help you learn and any kb workout is going to get results
I have looked it up and it has some good reviews, I think she has incorporated kb with her style, but the clips I saw will work
Does it have session workouts so you can do one or more?
Brave you for doing a session after zumba :)

Nah! Zumba was last night, did kettlebells tonight!
From what I can see it has 8 sets of about 5 minutes each but haven't looked in much depth at them. Thought I could mix and match a bit and see how I get on. Will get to grips properly over the weekend. X

Thanks for all your replies ladies..
Kron,I'm looking to spend no more than £15 on the DVD considering it's only for starters to see how we get along...if I love it as much as you all do then I'll invest more....I'll check sports direct for a kb..
Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back