Secret to shaping up

Just_angie you can get dvds from as little as £10, and the kettlework 6 week programme can vary pending whether you get a bell with it normally a light one, so need to consider whether you want it, or need something a bit heavier
My introduction to the bells was kettleworx - it was my birthday so I treated myself :) I started noticing a difference in a couple of weeks and can honestly say that I think the bells are the best workout giving you a total body workout

Clairebear yay first one done, and cardio as well which we think is the toughest of the 3 :)

Sounds great! Where can i get these magic £10 dvds? I was thinking of getting these - what do you think?

Buy Davina Set of 3 Kettlebells 2.5kg, 5kg and 7kg at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Weights and dumbbells.

Donzy84 said:
i got mine from amazon (ordered last night) £55 inc postage, thats for the 3 main dvd plus the bonus 2.

some ppl have ordered from idealworld, works out cheaper but doesnt have the extra dvds although if u wanted a 5lb KB they have the 3dvds plus the kettlebell for about £45

Re weightloss etc just ordered mine last night but have done 2 online workouts and i do ache so must be working

Mine was the same deal as yours from amazon I think :) I did look on the actual kettleworx site, but they were out of stock on most packages :(

Afternoon all..... Week 2 done. Had planned cardio for tomorrow as I "played" badminton this morning for an hour (with my mate we knock it about a bit for fun no scoring) I was knackered after that.... Think I tried harder! As I was in work out kit I thought I'd bite the bullet and get cardio done so I can have tomorrow off as planned. Phew it was tough, set 1 done with 6kg, set 2 I managed half with my 6 then went back to 4. Found the pass it under your legs scissor thing ( don't know the name) tricky, more coordination issues than anything else.
As said before by someone else I hope these comments don't put people off, it is such a fulfilling workout it's totally worth it.
If I could Kron I'd give you a big hug coz I love the bells and its down to you :) With much encouragement from Sweet & Shazz. Xx

Sounds great! Where can i get these magic £10 dvds? I was thinking of getting these - what do you think?

Buy Davina Set of 3 Kettlebells 2.5kg, 5kg and 7kg at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Weights and dumbbells.

I found these on amazon, will depend on your dvd player as to which ones are suitable

10 Minute Solution - Ultimate Kettlebell Fat Burner [DVD] [2008] A few on here have got this one, so they may be able to let you know what its like, review are quite mixed £5
Power Body: Kettlebell Bootcamp [DVD] [2009] [US Import] £15 has some good reviews
Absolute Beginners: Kettlebell 3-In-1 With Amy Ben [DVD] [2009] [US Import] good reviews as a starter, seems like you might grow out of it after a while tho £10
Go Fit Ironcore Kettlebell Training DVD £10 i have the one of iron cores range so this should be good
Kettlebell Dynamics [DVD] [2009] [US Import] £8, only one review
Iron Core Kettlebells DVD Volume 1 £15 I have this one and its a good one to learn the moves
Kettlebell Bombshell [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] No reviews on amazon but used from £10
Calorie Burner Workout With Kettlebells DVD - Gin Miller - Region 0 Worldwide
Kettlebell Basics DVD Complete With 12 Week Training Workout Programe For Strength & Power (2011) this ones a bit more, but sounds quite good £18, I like that it has a programme to follow.

Most of these dvds will only have one workout, so be careful if your a person that gets bored doing the same routine over and over

My thoughts for you at this time would be get a metal bell at 4 or 5 kg and the last dvd listed, if that works out cheaper than the davina set plus a £10 dvd

Cleogin hugs right back at you
lol I know some of the pass through the legs type exercises can be a bit challenging as you get the feel of the bell this does get a bit easier, I had problems just passing it around the body not grabbing it properly from hand to hand :)
You are doing fantastically well with your 6

Hi gettingfit, your weight can fluctuate day to day and hubby is right in one sense that exercise, esp weight based, can see an increase or sts in weight for a couple of weeks as you tend to up intake of fluids while working out, and your muscles build by gaining fluid, but this rights itself after a couple of weeks :)
Building muscle will continue to use cals even at rest, so your still burning them while watching tv, for a lot longer period than cardio based training.
To me a lb is a lb, it is the volume that differentiates our size, a lb of muscle is about the third of the size of a lb of fat
Send her home early lol hope you have a great weekend, not too heavy on the naughty food/drink, your nearly in the 9s that's fantastic ;)

Hi all I did week 2 core - forgot that there are 3 sets !!' but it was really good!!! Struggled with the rowers so had to put my feet down - apart from that I loved it... I think I am gonna feel it Tom !!!

Hi Pretika great to hear your loving that bell :) lol always used to catch me out when set 3 came up as well. Sounds like your doing really well if you only struggled with the rowers that's a great abs move, it won't be long and your feet will be off the floor

Kron said:
Hi Pretika great to hear your loving that bell :) lol always used to catch me out when set 3 came up as well. Sounds like your doing really well if you only struggled with the rowers that's a great abs move, it won't be long and your feet will be off the floor

Aww thanks .. I am really enjoying I'm a little concerned about my form as I find some moves really easy and I think I mist be doing something wrong? I am also doing fewer reps as i can't quite keep up as he moves to the next exercise quite quickly .... Do you think I should maybe stick to week one and do each DVD a few times, master and then move on to week 2

Wow I've skimmed this thread and it seems like some of you really got into this!!

I'm contemplating starting but I'm still a little confused about the process....what exactly will I need to start? I see the 5kg bells are on offer in argos - do i need a DVD or can I work from online first?

All this swing/windmill jargon is intimidating me....is it really that complicated??

Sweet Pink & Shazz, you seem to have been in this from the start of the thread - how have you found the results?

Kron you really are an inspiration! Great transformation, I only wish to walk around comfortably in a bikini!

Hi,

Kettlebells have completely transformed my body shape. Lately I have had soo many comments about the weight I have lost during the past month where in truth I havent really lost that much on the scales but have lost lots of inches.

Don't worry too much about the jargon. I hadn't a clue in the beginning but just followed what was on the screen & picked up a few names a long the way. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again so that I can become more familiar with the names of the moves rather than just the moves themselves.

Kettleworx has definitely been worth every penny I spent on it & more. I just wish I had discovered it before now!!! :)

Pretika I posted some tutorial basic moves links this morning so have a practice to make sure your moving and understanding the technique
I struggled at the start but kept ploughing on, I did repeat a couple of the sessions.
I don't believe you need to master each one before moving on, some sessions feel hard, others easy we will all struggle with different exercises pending where are weak points are
If you would feel better giving week 1 another go do it, once you get more familiar with this type of workout you will see your reps improve

Sweet great post :)

Woohoo a kettlebell thread!

I have had mine for a couple of years but never put much serious work into it as my weight loss journeys never really worked out til now :S oops lol. I have an 8kg one, which used to really push me but now I am thinking it is definitely time for a 12kg, then 16kg.

Three workouts a week for 20 minutes, though I will be increasing to 30 minutes over the next month or two until I buy the 12kg one. I walk quite often as well so thats enough body magic for me. For anyone with an iPhone, there is an app called Swing Timer. Its free and its like a stopwatch helping you with reps and rest times...quite useful to me anyway!

Hi Aesir glad you popped in and welcome :) what is your normal routine with your bell do you follow any DVD/plan?

still waiting for mine to arrive :cry:

my random kettleworx pick was week 3 resistance, with my 10
lol was puffing my way though it, still dont get on with lunges!

Wont be long numnum, I know you cant wait to be a swinger ;)

Not so much from a dvd. I bought one once but wasn't too keen. I just learned the moves from youtube, spent some time making sure form was perfect (core engaged, weight distributed in feet correctly, back not loaded, momentum doing the work etc etc) then picked moves I liked. As a basic, I tend to do the following

2 hand swings for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
2 hand swings for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
1 hand swings 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
1 hand swings for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Clean and press for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Clean and press for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Snatch for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Snatch for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Squats for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
Squates for 30 seconds
30 seconds rest
REPEAT :D

Thats a pretty good routine for beginners if anyone wants tips. You don't need 20 fancy dvd's and branded KB's or anything. They work for some which is great - everyone should find what works best for them, but don't worry if you don't have a dvd because youtube is an excellent source of info.

Keep it simple, keep it basic. Thats what the russians have been doing for hundreds of years! Only add in more interesting moves when you are confident you have the basic ones nailed.

My next step is to decrease the rest time to 20 seconds. The after a week or so I will try to increase the amount of swings etc I can do in that 30 seconds. Then I will prob move onto a heavier bell. Or maybe cut rest to 10 seconds...haven't decided yet :)

And to those just starting...yes, it will kill you first time. You will sweat BUCKETS lol..I did anyway but I was very unfit! And don't be surprised if you get Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). Up to three days after, your muslces might reeeaalllyy hurt. Not like injury pain, which should not be ignored. But each time you load the muscle it will ache, like when you go to sit down you are loading your inner thigh muscles and it might hurt. Its weird though I quite like DOMS lol the pain is a nice one. Gentle exercise, like walking, will help relieve it but it can last a few days. Enjoy it :D

I have DOMS in my gluteus maximus today :D

Gonna go and check out the swing timer app, thanks!

Back