Secret to shaping up

Hubby has just got home and is upstairs with Ryan!
Week 1 core is being completed, he has had a couple of weeks off kw due to suspected hernia (drs have confirmed its not) so he is starting from the beginning :)

I am not going to class, had a sore throat develop yesterday afternoon, and could hardly speak today. Now I know class is about swinging and not singing, but as a bit under the weather will give it a miss but hope have a little play later :)

Week 5 core with my 6kg today- finished all of it with the new one :) my arms are going to ache tomorrow!
Definitely should have swapped over to a six earlier- I felt challenged today, in a way I haven't for a while using my 4kg.
Going to restart KW when I finish, and use my six. Maybe get a 7.5kg after a few weeks :)

Kron said:
Week 1 core is being completed, he has had a couple of weeks off kw due to suspected hernia (drs have confirmed its not) so he is starting from the beginning :)

I am not going to class, had a sore throat develop yesterday afternoon, and could hardly speak today. Now I know class is about swinging and not singing, but as a bit under the weather will give it a miss but hope have a little play later :)

And I hope you feel better soon Kron :)glad your hubby is carrying on with KW and that he doesn't have hernias!

Week 5 core with my 6kg today- finished all of it with the new one :) my arms are going to ache tomorrow!
Definitely should have swapped over to a six earlier- I felt challenged today, in a way I haven't for a while using my 4kg.
Going to restart KW when I finish, and use my six. Maybe get a 7.5kg after a few weeks :)

Claire your new shiny pink 6 and sounds like it went really well :)
The heavier the weight the quicker the results as you really challenge the muscles. What colour are you going for on your 7.5 ;)

Kron said:

Hey Kron,

Hope you feel better soon....... I've still not fully recovered from my bug and resistance week 1 killed me tonight. I did set 1 ( except boxing) with my 7.5..... had to drop to 6 for set 2.

Like the idea of swinging and singing :) makes it more fun

You only sing when you're swinging, sing when you're swinging, you only sing when you're swinging! Altogether now - sing along! :)

How come everyone else managed to post yesterday with minimins feeling poorly lol i managed to log on, then gave up!

wow lots of things happening

Rissole you got the kettlercise DVD, did you have a go yet?

Sue those side elevators are not nice! Glad to hear your getting on with your 7.5 and aiming to use it for the rest of your core workouts, hope you have a go with it on some of cardio and resistance :)

Gettingfit flying off tomorrow! Bet you cant wait. Hope you gave yourself a little break from swinging so your not too tired when hubby gets home ;)

Claire loving the pink bell, I have red, yellow, purple and blue, a pink would fit in nicely, but not sure I am ready for a 12 yet lol

Sweet I really dont like doing the bells in the morning, I find it quite a struggle as not eaten since the night before so it may have something to do with you having more food energy from eating during the day

Donzy that is a good price for a 7.5 :) poor postman lol. Glad you enjoyed week 4 resistance and got on with the new moves

girlandthe sea great news you got your bell. Each session will vary in amount of calories you burn, cardio will be higher than core for example. I would keep your points low, as you dont want to eat all the good work your putting in!

Hi shellie I cannot comment on how many inches I lost in the first 6 weeks, I never thought about doing measurements, there was shrinkage and body shaping which is why i continued with the bells. I continued to lose weight, but some people can experience a sts or small gain in the first couple of weeks, but it normally drops again soon after

Biggy work can get in the way of swinging some days, not so much the time moreso the effort after a hard day when the couch is beckoning lol Its good to hear you can get yourself motivated because as you say, you do feel so much better afterwards, and those inches, toning are not going to happen without some effort :)

Bugs you are doing so well starting the bells when starting your PGCE and all the travelling, esp as you have had a nice long break from it all. Dont worry about any aches, its only the bells finding muscles you never knew existed. Glad you got week 2 core done, and hope you have a great time when oh gets home :)

Hi Kron
Yes did it on Tues. WOW. Its 50 mins in total, but that is about 8 mins warm up and warm down, a 7min core section, so its about 30 mins in the main section. I loved it, it is broken down into all different exercises all done for 1 minute each, or 30 seconds each arm etc, there is a little timer on the screen that you can watch. All in all really good, a little more challenging than Ryan, so I really liked it. There is also a 20min express workout and 8 minute fast abs, I havent done either of these yet as I was too sore yesterday to attempt them :eek:. So may try them tonight... All in all highly recommended. There is an instruction video that goes for 30mins on the first disc all about getting form right, so if you were new to KB's really informative :D

Really pleased you enjoyed it
Its good to have review on it, at class we do 5 1 min moves then a minute rest, does the main section have rest breaks?
You will have let us know what express and fast abs sections are like
Hope to see your album showing us some of the really good moves :)

Cleogin hope you feel better soon, I am a lot better today
Good going on your 7.5 esp as not fully recovered

Sue croaking more like lol my voice is back, still a bit strained but at least people could hear me :)

Gettingfit ok now it's one more day to :) before you start your journey, all bags present and correct by now i hope lol
So good to hear you will have a new manager, and one you can whip into shape introducing him to swinging ;)
You have a peeping neighbour oooh she might want to come swing with you!
I am sure we will be hearing from you and I hope you have a fantastic time x

Rissole76 said:
Hi Kron
Yes did it on Tues. WOW. Its 50 mins in total, but that is about 8 mins warm up and warm down, a 7min core section, so its about 30 mins in the main section. I loved it, it is broken down into all different exercises all done for 1 minute each, or 30 seconds each arm etc, there is a little timer on the screen that you can watch. All in all really good, a little more challenging than Ryan, so I really liked it. There is also a 20min express workout and 8 minute fast abs, I havent done either of these yet as I was too sore yesterday to attempt them :eek:. So may try them tonight... All in all highly recommended. There is an instruction video that goes for 30mins on the first disc all about getting form right, so if you were new to KB's really informative :D

is it kettlercise just for women DVD? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Donzy yes it's the woman's version, there are some clips on YouTube and his website

Wk4 Resistance done! :happy036:

Love Resistance it is my total fave. A few new moves as well - disco side bends - boxer bob, weave and punch and that american football catching one! Cool. Not too flexible yet on the side bends but initially was doing them on Kron's practices (windmills) before I started KW and could only manage them with the 3kg wobbling above me. 5kg now no probs so strength improved if not my flexibility! :D

Looking forward to Wk5 Cardio (yeah right!!) probably on Saturday this week.

Love to my fellow Swingers! :character00115:

Hope your not letting your 7.5 feel unloved, gets sad if you don't play with it :)
Haha starting week 5 with cardio - good luck lol

Hope your not letting your 7.5 feel unloved, gets sad if you don't play with it :)
Haha starting week 5 with cardio - good luck lol

Nope 7.5 came out for the warm up and cool down, halos, one arm swings, boxer thingy - basically anything I could manage with it. :)

Well done on week 4 Sue - wk 4 resistance was defo one of my favs :) I was afraid I'd topple over with the disco balls :D

Well I've been a naughty non-swinger this week! STILL not done week 6 but promise I'm gonna beast it over the weekend...thinking I'll do cardio tomorrow night and save core and resistance for a double Saturday afternoon sesh - just want to tick the week 6 box!

Also weigh in tomorrow but not holding out much hope as I've been all over the place this week foodwise.

Rissole - Like the sound of the dvd you got. I think I'm getting a bit bored with Ryan now if I'm being honest so think I'll perhaps get this instead of the advanced set( although I'd still like that down the line!)

Anyways away to check on my ebay items fingers crossed for lots of lovely bids :)

Happy swinging folks and Have a FAB holiday Gettingfit :D

Kron said:
Really pleased you enjoyed it
Its good to have review on it, at class we do 5 1 min moves then a minute rest, does the main section have rest breaks?
You will have let us know what express and fast abs sections are like
Hope to see your album showing us some of the really good moves :)

There arent any breaks between the sets but he does change the muscles you are using so just when you think you couldn't do anymore it changes to the next move using different muscles, so it really pushes you each time, love it.

Well I did the express workout yesterday and it was a fab 20 min whole body blitz. My hubby tried to do the main section on the whole body workout this morning, and although it's supposed to be for women, he used his 20kg bell and he was absolutely knackered!! Said he preferred it to Ryans shopping channel style lol

Gettingfit ENJOY x

Chick you know your going to be feeling it cramming it all in on the weekend lol
Hope ebay brings in some pennies so you can get another dvd :)

Rissole my hubby refuses to do any of my other dvds lol he insists that ryans more than enough :)

Its my friends birthday soon, so i am going to get her a kb dvd. I lent her my baby bell and a couple of my dvds, her son has just bought her a set of kbs, so she has returned mine. Might get her the Kettlercise, then i can borrow it at some point :)

Hi Kron :wavey:

I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and have watched everyone do so well that I treated myself to the kettleworx set that comes with a 5lb bell. I did cardio yesterday and the only exercise that I had trouble with was the 2nd set of mountain climbers which I'm sure that I'll master with practice. I can feel that most of my body has been worked but in a good way so i am very pleased. Thank you for starting this thread as I probably wouldn't have tried kettlebells if I hadn't have stumbled across it on here :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back