Secret to shaping up

Well ladies I have been a naughty non swinger & havent got any KB's in yesterday or today. I did have an excuse though, the bad dentist gave me a filling & I have a very very sore mouth (can I just say it wasnt sore before the filling :mad:)

I do have good news though... I lost 2lbs this week so the scales are officially moving again after my plateau :D

Gettingfit I hope you have a fab holiday

Chick, don't worry I'm sure we'll both get caught up soon :eek:

Rissole, I must check out the kettlercise. It sounds interesting & would be a nice change

Kron, hope your feeling better

Hi Lady A welcome to the swinging club :) Glad you have enjoyed reading the thread, and have started swinging. Hope to hear how your getting on as you work thru KW. 5lb is quite a light bell so you may need to consider a heavier one at some point as this will work your muscles big time and get quicker results, but good to start with

Sweet booo dentists lol Congrats on 2lb lost this week and hope the pain goes soon so you get swinging again :)

Much better thanks, having the day off work today always helps lift the mood, altho been doing housework etc so not the funnest of days lol but at least it frees up the weekend. Having a bit of lunch then hitting tescos for the weekly shop - I know how to live it up lol

Hi GettingFit - hope you have a fab holiday! :)

Well I have converted my boss. She's now the proud owner of a set of KW DVDs! :) She's still only using the 5lb Baby Bell she borrowed from me though. She went to Tescos to check out the bells and couldn't even pick up the 7.5kg one let along swing it about. She has a new found respect for me!! :D

Sue fantastic your boss is giving it a go haha going to be funny seeing her coming in all achy, esp when she gets a heavier one. At least you can warn her when a hard one comes up :)

Kron said:
Hi Lady A welcome to the swinging club :) Glad you have enjoyed reading the thread, and have started swinging. Hope to hear how your getting on as you work thru KW. 5lb is quite a light bell so you may need to consider a heavier one at some point as this will work your muscles big time and get quicker results, but good to start with

Thanks for the welcome Kron :) I've taken your advice on board and ordered a 4kg bell which should arrive for my week 2 of the program. I'll try and progress to a heavier bell once I've mastered all of the moves on this one. My set came with additional work outs like hips & thighs and arms & shoulders when do you think that I should add them into the mix?

I'm in between dress sizes at the moment my hips n bust are a 10/12 but my waist is an 8 so shopping = tantrum in the changing rooms for me at the moment lol! I'd love to just get to an even size no matter what is lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lady A ooooh good for ordering your next one already, it will be worth it :)
It takes a couple of sessions to get the feel of the bell and the moves, so see how you go, it's recommended to rest your muscles and have a day off in between, but you sound like you got on with week 1 cardio quite well, have you been exercising previously? If your body is happy to let you work it on your off days, or after a regular session go for it

Sounds like you have lovely hour glass shape which can be awkward clothes shopping - been there lol
Your quite tiny now so I would guess you will see definition as well as inch loss. Have you measured, photo yet?

Sue fantastic your boss is giving it a go haha going to be funny seeing her coming in all achy, esp when she gets a heavier one. At least you can warn her when a hard one comes up :)

Oh-er Mrs!! :D

I finish next week and will take my photos again....and put the befores and afters on here if there's a big difference. I will also do what the celebs do on the covers of their videos and invest in neon sports wear, lots of fake tan and plaster on a big cheesy grin for the after shots ;)

(Should have stood like a sack of spuds for the before shots too, compared to a new dynamic one shoulder-forward, head up and hand on hip stance for my after shot)

Haha Sue I think I could have worded it slightly differently ;)

Biggy I am anticipating some fluorescent attire and top model poses lol
I am just so kicking myself for not keeping this type of diary. Hope to see your results even if they are orange :)

Kron said:
Haha Sue I think I could have worded it slightly differently ;)

Biggy I am anticipating some fluorescent attire and top model poses lol
I am just so kicking myself for not keeping this type of diary. Hope to see your results even if they are orange :)

I'm the same actually, I didn't measure myself or take any before photos :( maybe when I start KW second time around I'll do that :)

Kron said:
Lady A ooooh good for ordering your next one already, it will be worth it :)
It takes a couple of sessions to get the feel of the bell and the moves, so see how you go, it's recommended to rest your muscles and have a day off in between, but you sound like you got on with week 1 cardio quite well, have you been exercising previously? If your body is happy to let you work it on your off days, or after a regular session go for it

Sounds like you have lovely hour glass shape which can be awkward clothes shopping - been there lol
Your quite tiny now so I would guess you will see definition as well as inch loss. Have you measured, photo yet?

Hi Kron

I just completed week 1 core and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected so I think that a heavier bell is definitely the way forward for me. I'll probably use a 4kg for week 2 and then move up after that if I feel that I can. I didn't exercise much before this other than do 10 days of the Zumba DVD's so I'm amazed that I'm able to do this lol! I haven't taken any photo's yet but I'll go size 8 shopping at the end of 6 weeks to see how I get on. Think I'll add the additional workouts to my regular sessions from week 2 as I don't want to put myself off completing the 6 weeks because my muscles hurt too much :)

Hi Donzy on the home stretch now :)
I think I remember others commenting on it being hard, but thats good as you know your being worked lol

Well I have to plan a clothes shopping trip as the colder weather seems to be heading our way and my spending spree in the jan sales for winter warm clothes just aint gonna fit this winter lol I can remember feeling on such a high coming home from personal shopper trip with bags bulging with my new wardobe of size 10s. i was at the time about 6lb away from target (reduced by another 7lbs shortly after as i was still losing) so didnt get too much wear out of them!

Hi Lady A, from what your saying the 5lb is not challenging you, so I hope your 4kg gets here soon so you can get some really good results and altho i do not like seeing anyone in pain lol, you need to have some twinges to know your working those muscles :)

Kron said:
Hi Lady A, from what your saying the 5lb is not challenging you, so I hope your 4kg gets here soon so you can get some really good results and altho i do not like seeing anyone in pain lol, you need to have some twinges to know your working those muscles :)

Lol! Cardio gave me twinges in my thighs n glutes so trying to sit down and trying to walk up the stairs was fun lol! I'm sure the 4kg will be better for me if not then I'm gonna have to go into a sports shop and see what I can cope with :)

Lol! Cardio gave me twinges in my thighs n glutes so trying to sit down and trying to walk up the stairs was fun lol! I'm sure the 4kg will be better for me if not then I'm gonna have to go into a sports shop and see what I can cope with :)

I do cardio every day too. It works for me perfectly well. I hope all will do to you too.

Hey swingers :)

I feel like I haven't been about for a few days really... only the induction week and already my PGCE has taken over my life :)

I have some good news... and some great news!
Good news.. I am going to start Week 2 Cardio in a minute - it may kill me - but once it's done...IT'S DONE! Then, see how my body is tomorrow, as to whether I do either Resistance or Fast Abs tomorrow... then maybe the last one Monday/Tuesday :)

Now for some GREAT news... Okay.. so I jumped on the house scales the other day, 0.5lb lost. I jumped on again the next day and 1.5lb gain. I know I know, expect a gain or STS for a few weeks after starting exercise... (it is still a bit annoying though, I dunno how you ladies managed to carry on. I mean, I carry on because you guys are an inspiration and have already been able to warn me lol!!)

But had my weigh in at SW this morning aaaaand.... 1LB LOSS :D :D :D yay!!! I'm so pleased! I actually feel like it's working too... my BF had the cheek to say my bum was ''boney'' yesterday.. but I guess that's just cos it's working. And that when I woke up this morning my belly wasn't as big lol! Woo!

Hoping by this time next week I'll feel even better - regardless of the scales :)

xxx

desperate2Bslim said:
I do cardio every day too. It works for me perfectly well. I hope all will do to you too.

You do cardio every day???!!! Hats off to you!! I must admit, I think that would be the death of me lol what weight of kb are you using? Well done!

Donzy, week 5 was tough! I'm doing week 6 cardio later so I'm expecting it to be horrific lol I've got a wee bit of a cold too but I'm just going to get it done! It's amazing how most if us are almost at the end of the programme now, we really do deserve a pat on the back!!

Back