Secret to shaping up

Chick 2 done the same time again! wow you meant it when you said you were going to do it, hopefully not as bad as last time when you paired one with cardio lol Looking forward to your 6 week transformation pics :)

Like Sue, I tend to keep a small towel nearby and wipe my hands, bell, forhead - everywhere lol in between exercises. Gloves may be helpful, I used cycling gloves when starting with a heavier weight, ones that have light padding for the palms, but that was moreso for the rubbing of the handle. I have used talc, tho I made a bit of a mess, stupid stuff went all over the place!

Bugs thanks for photos :) In the front view ones, your first week your smallest part is just under your chest and looks higher than the second week, so it looks like your pulling in :) Your side views second week does look smaller. Cant wait to see when you have a few more weeks done as I believe you will really start seeing it.

I went for a bbq today, thinking not too bad, and as i was driving i would be able to have dessert instead of alcohol :) Got there and the bbq broke down so they had ordered in indian and pizza lol, well just had a few swings to help start burning that off, think i need to swing for an hour to get even close ;)

You can def see a difference in the pics.

I know it works too. I have been doing my own swinging and tried on a pair of size 8 trousers. They fit. I was too shocked to buy them but I can feel another shopping trip coming if I keep it up. I baked today, a lovely fresh cream sponge cake :) but just had a slice.

How do you know when you are ready to move up to another weight? I don't want to end up looking like a female weight lifter though so what weight would you suggest after 5 kg?

Eatwell well done on the sizes 8s - must be an amazing feeling :D You'll know you are ready to progress on to a heavier bell when you feel you are not being challenged anymore and when the moves become a bit too comfortable!! I went from 5 to 7.5 kg which I feel is a good jump as it is challenging without being impossible. I think it was around week 4 that I felt it was getting a bit too easy, I wasn't out of puff or sweating as much so the baby bell had to go( although I do still drop to it on more difficult moves like half get ups)

Will look out for 7.5 bell. My 5kg was the bargain Argos one. My workout still leaves me sweaty but I do feel that some moves are less challenging. Perhaps I will try mixing the weights in my workout.

The 7.5 kg I have is from Argos and it's the bigger version of the bargain 5kg one( I have that one too) It was 19.99 so much pricier as not on sale. Good luck :D Oh and your cake sounds lovely!

Eatwell a size 8 that's great :) hope you have a little shopping trip soon and buy something in an 8 you deserve it!

I promise you won't turn into arnie swinging bells, you will lose inches and get a toned look, I am not muscly and swing with a 10kg

Morning Swingers - wk5 core done. Found it enjoyable and as usual get lulled into a false sense of security after set 1 thinking, hmmmn not so bad. By the middle of set 3 I'm praying for the end to come! :)

One thing I have noticed is that my recovery rate is much quicker now. Still sweat and still need to take regular breathers but I dont feel like my body is going to collapse like I did on the first couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed for some inch loss when the tape measure comes out next week. Have a good day all. xx

Hi girls, just checking to to see how well you are all getting on & let you know that I'm still in pain but not in agony anymore so the swinging will recommence tomorrow!!!

Bugs, I can see a difference in your pics.. well done :D

Right I'm off for a run shortly so will check back later if I don't get blown away by the wind!!!

Sue your stamina and fitness level seems to be improving :) Week 6 is knocking on the door! There better be inch loss with al the work you have put in lol

Hi Sweet :) its a bit blowy out there, hope its a tail wind so you can improve your speed lol

Claire week 5 done, on the last leg now :)

Donzy enjoy :)

I am heading off to class, didnt go at all last week, so I know its going to be tough lol

Thanks Kron, i survived the run & the wind. Really looking forward to week 4 core tomorrow... any word on your thigh busters yet???? Had a good blast at the ab busters over the weekend & the pain is getting less each time ;)

Sue I bet I will be more sweaty than you on Wednesday, class is tough, esp when not been for a week lol but I survived and kept reminding myself of my extremely off plan day yesterday to squeeze a few more reps out :)

Sweet, I did say I was going to do the thigh workout, sorry my weekend ended up being a bit busier than anticipated, I have all the exercises sorted so will get it done I promise x
My ab work tonight was a bit of a killer as had done a few moves over the weekend lol

Helloooo everyone! I have missed you all *sniffle*

I had great plans of getting up and starting week 4 today but Ben decided 4.30 was wakey wakey time so I'm afraid it's not going to happen. I attempted the cross trainer of doom last night pppfffffttt 10 mins and I was gubbed, clearly my fitness hasn't improved. I will give it another 10 min bash tonight whilst watching Emmerdale and try and increase the time as the days go by.

Off to El doctor this morning to see if they can help with my "innards falling out" issues so fingers crossed.

Happy Tuesday everyone

x

Numnums, sorry to hear that you are still feeling poorly :(

I have finally just done week 4 core & I'm almost scared to say it but it was easy :eek: I done it the whole way through with my 7.5 (including the side plank elevator things) & didnt even break sweat!!!! I'm sure cardio on thursday will make up for it though!!!! :eek:

Hi peeps!

Just thought I'd pop into say that I completed my first week with the 5lb baby bell yesterday and my 4kg bell arrived today so I've just done the legs and thighs DVD out of the kettleworx program. I done every move apart from the hip elevators on the floor which I need to practice. I've never sweated so much in my life it's dripping off of my eyelashes so I'm gonna go shower now but I really enjoyed it so thought I'd report before lol! To anyone who's lurking on here like I was needs to go buy it because it's fab thanks again to Kron and all of the other lovely ladies on here. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Numnum hope the drs get you sorted asap trust Ben to get back into the limelight and demand your attention at stupid oclock lol Dont worry about exercise until you have the all clear by doc, you need to save all your energy in getting better x

Hi Sweet show off lol, really glad to hear your getting on so well with your 7.5, i bet those inches are still melting away :)

Lady A yeah your 4 came and you have had a play :) bit of a difference from your baby bell i bet and that was doing a short dvd, pleased your enjoying it

Well I have had a day, got woken up with the house burglar alarm going off - we never use it, so there i was trying to remember what the code is lol. The electric kept tripping out, so after the meter man had been and didnt solve the problem, I called one of the guys i work with and he popped over and investigations began, anyways found the fault and isolated it so now have power yeah :) Back to work tomorrow, with loads of catch up to do boooo

Hi Belles

Just did my week 1 core with my 7.5 all the way thru :)

On holiday in less than 3 weeks so just randomly doing a few work outs a few times a week ( conveniently avoiding cardio !!!)

Really felt the burn but it was a good workout.
Keep up the good work
Xx

Back