Secret to shaping up

Cleogin what a difference from when you first started :)
Haha avoiding cardio, we are so alike lol
Holidays coming soon, so jealous! Where you off to?

LOL Kron, I know I'll suffer on thursday for saying that!!! I had another little play with the bells this evening (abs ;)) so I'm hoping the inches are melting away. I've deliberately avoided measuring until I finish the programme second time round so I hope its a nice surprise for me :)

Kron said:
Cleogin what a difference from when you first started :)
Haha avoiding cardio, we are so alike lol
Holidays coming soon, so jealous! Where you off to?

I know!! I'm a changed woman :)

Can't face cardio this side of hols lol!

Off to Cyprus for a week on 2nd October with hubby and his 2 mates! Gonna be a beer fest but I hardly drink now so one beer and I'll be sparko!! Saves on calories :)

Well swingers.....WEEK 6 CARDIO DONE...ROUND 1 KETTLWORX DONE :D:D:D Such a good feeling( apart from the burn in my arms and thighs right now lol)

Just thought I'd do a quick review for the benefit of people who might be interested in starting Kettleworx.

Pros - 20 minute 3 x per week sessions - no matter how busy and pushed for time you are I think ANYONE can commit to 1 Hour per week!

You don't need much space at all as there are no 'aerobics' style moves that have you leaping all over your lounge!

QUICK RESULTS!!! I had noticable results after just 2 weeks and have continued to lose inches over the 6 week period( I'll post my latest progress pics with before/after on Friday)

Improvement in strength and general fitness ( I have to climb LOADS of stairs every day and can do it without getting out of puff now. )

Variety - Each week you revist old moves which is good as it allows you to become familiar but there are also new moves slipped in which keeps it fresh.

Fun - There is just something about swinging that bell that makes it so enjoyable and a great way to de-stress!!

Ryan - We love him really :)

The main areas of my body where I have noticed the best results are my abs, hips and thighs. My arms look more toned but defo not manly muscle and my chest looks more bony(for want of a better word, in a nice way not horrible posh spice bony lol)

Cons - Th Kettleworx programme is quite expensive and inital outlay for buying the bells do add up but i'd happily pay it again and you have sooo many exercises that you can revisit! Of course you don't have to buy the dvds there are great links from Kron you can get on Youtube.

bruises - I'm covered lol It takes a bit of practice getting into the 'swing' of the bells plus i'm generally quite clumsy and bruise like a peach!!

weight sts/gain - This happened to me a few weeks in row but seems the scales are moving again. Can be quite frustrating when you are sticking rigidly to a 'diet' plan but bear in mind I was still losing inches which is just as important.

So in conclusion, the pros far outweigh the cons...happy swinging!!

Sweet it was 14 inches gone the first round, so can't wait to hear results of round 2 :)

Cleogin cypress will be lovely, guess your designated driver lol wine is my worst, a couple of glasses and I'm done :)

Chick round 1 done!
Love and agree with your review :)
Roll on Friday for results, can't wait!

Thanks Kron :) Hope the remainder of your day went more smoothly, hope you get caught up on your work tomorrow!

Chick - great review and you are soooooooo swooning for Ryan! :8855:

Well done on completing the programme and I'm looking forward to the inch loss and pics. xx

Sue, i'm swooning for any man who can help me get rid of my love handles :D

chickadee83 said:
Sue, i'm swooning for any man who can help me get rid of my love handles :D

Chick and Ryan up in a tree K I S S I N G first comes Love then comes marriage then comes the babies in the baby carriage :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My router has broken so I have no internet :cry: I'm at my folks right now snaffling their bandwidth :)

Giving the kettlebells a break for 2-4 weeks as found out yesterday I'm quite poorly so I want to get back to normal before :whoopass: begins again :giggle:

Hope you're all well and swinging away merrily :D

Miss you all :cry:

Morning!

Please can you let me know if the following workouts are a good combo for my first week:

Thursday - Cardio (5lb bell)

Saturday - Core (5lb bell)

Monday - Ressistance (5lb bell)

Tuesday - Legs & Thighs (4kg bell)

Wednesday - Fast Fat burn followed by Fast Abs (4kg bell)

My kettleworx week begins on a Thursday so should I rest tomorrow or just carry on as above?

Thanks Xx

NumNumPigsBum said:
My router has broken so I have no internet :cry: I'm at my folks right now snaffling their bandwidth :)

Giving the kettlebells a break for 2-4 weeks as found out yesterday I'm quite poorly so I want to get back to normal before :whoopass: begins again :giggle:

Hey numnum hope ur ok xxx

Oh Piggy so sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok? Don't worry - the bells and Ryan (when Chick's finished with him :)) will still be waiting for you! :D

Oh. My. God.

I have just completed week 1 cardio.

I think I am going to throw up or die or something!!!

I have been doing other fitness dvd's lately and Zumba, thought I was quite fit.... Apparently not.

I will never ever have dippy eggs for breakfast pre work out ever again hahah!

Please tell me it gets easier? Im scared Im going to lose motivation after that!!

Xx

Mapanoy exercise will help with weight loss, some experience a sts or gain when starting a new regime, but that disappears once your body adjusts. When i started the bells i lost every week, so never had the problem of a sts or gain

Donzy lol how are you doing x

Numnum put your feet up and get well, we all miss having you around, but want you to be healthy and happy first and foremost :)

Hi Lady A I would suggest you use your 4kg for all your routines, dropping down to your baby bell if needed. Use your cardio, resistance and core 3 times a week, and use your legs & thighs, fast burn and fast abs (short 10 min workouts) inbetween days or after one of the main 3 workouts

girlandthesea It gets better :) everyone agrees that week 1 cardio is the worst ever lol

Kron said:
Hi Lady A I would suggest you use your 4kg for all your routines, dropping down to your baby bell if needed. Use your cardio, resistance and core 3 times a week, and use your legs & thighs, fast burn and fast abs (short 10 min workouts) inbetween days or after one of the main 3 workouts

Thanks I'll do that :)

Ps legs n thighs was 25 mins nearly passed out half way through lol!

Evening Swingers! - wk5 Resistance done! Working different hours this week so I'm a day ahead of myself. Friday will be the start of Wk6 - whoop whoop!! Although it will be Cardio - booooooo!

GirlandtheSea - Cardio Wk1 is a total killer and it does get better, honest. This is the woman that did the Introduction workout on a Saturday followed by Wk1 Cardio on the next day - and it was the same bloody workout. I thought I was going to die!! :)

Cannot believe I am about to start Wk6. I would encourage any lurkers on the thread to get some bells and start swinging - its brill!

Catch ya later peeps - off for a shower and then lasagne and a mahoosive salad for tea. Nom nom nom!

Lady A is it 25 mins, sorry haven't done that one for ages, as I go to kb class twice a week now I haven't done kw quite so often, and have lent some of the supplementary DVDs out, have the main 3 as hubby uses them :)

Sue will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts about your 6 week journey really soon :) just think after Friday it gets easier lol

I really didn't want to work out tonight, absolutely knackered with work so really had to forced myself to go to class! But after I got there I was really glad I did, feeling so much better now and I know if I had slobbed out on the couch I would still be feeling poooey

WI for me tomorrow, should be within target so looking forward to it lol

I thought Id start with cardio and get it out the way!

After about an hour I did feel better and am feeling much better about it all again now and ready for core on Friday :)

My routine is get up, have a breakfast then dvd, what would you recommend I eat before exercising? I was thinking a slice of toast and some fruit? Then wait half hour then go for it? :)

Numnum get better soon pal - get plenty irn bru( diet ;)) down your neck and take it easy, the bells can wait :)

I feel like my reputation is being seriously tarnished on here ladies!!;)Sue im going sue you for slander :)

Girlandthesea IT GETS EASIER!!! Honestly you have the hardest one out the way now :) Good luck! The brekkie you're having sounds good to me, I normally have a banana to give me some energy if I'm pushed for time before working out as it doesn't lie in my stomach but gives me a boost!

Back