Secret to shaping up

Hey Chick - methinks the lady doth protest too much!! :8855:

I am really interested in this thread but I have suffered from arthritis since I was 24 (now 46) but have been on Humira injections since the end of May and feel like a new person I would say the only aches I get now are in my wrists. I have lost 2 st this year and 6 weeks ago started going to the gym 3 x a week on the treadmill, bike and hip abductors and the other 3 days I go on my cross trainer in the garage for 30 mins interval training, we also have a dual stack Marcy gym and do leg press, leg extension, shoulder press, front lat, reverse lat etc using anything between 15 - 45 kg.My question for Kron is I can't do bicep curls as such as my right wrist does not bend inwards due to the arthritis but I do them with a 2.5kg dumbell with my arm to the side and just curling it up straight so my wrist doesn't turn inwards, do you think I would be able to cope with kettlebells? :)

Woop just completed week 3 CORE. I LOVE IT! Core is by far my favourite of all the workouts :) it's put me in such a good mood I think I'll do Resistance later too, or maybe Cardio to get it over with! (though we will see how the body feels after core!)

Food wise I was RUBBISH yesterday. An extra half a curly wurly and 3 buns with my burgers. Tut tut. Okay, not TOO bad.. but still bad! So think i'm repenting a bit today by doing my workouts hehe!

Have a nice day swingers :) xx

Core & Cardio week 3 completed :D could probably try resistance too but I don't want to be bed-bound tomorrow lol not with a 9-5 day at uni plus 1.5hrs travel there and back!! :eek: Will save Resistance for either tomorrow night or Saturday morning after weigh in.

Then on to week 4 (it's come around sooo quickly!!) xx

I only have one work-out left! (Resistance Week 6, which I'll be doing on Saturday) I mostly use a 7.5kg bell now and am planning to do the whole thing again, using 7.5kg for as much of it as possible.
I found it really tight tonight with this weight, but I loved the fact that yesterday, for the first time in weeks, I felt a great ache on my hips (of all places - I think it was the disco side-bends on Tuesday Week 6 Core).......I love the ache as it lets me know I'm working!
I plan to take photos on Saturday too. I haven't lost lots of weight, nor have I lost inches (well, I am a rubbish measurer too but I really, honestly don't seem to have lost any, although clothes don't feel quite so snug)....but I'm hoping to see some type of results anyway. I don't know what - maybe better posture or more toned looking. Fingers crossed!

Bugs, you are flying through it!! Well done!
Biggy, will look forward to seeing your(spandex clad) photos and have no doubt we will all see a difference :)

Well swingers this time next week I'll be in Ibiza, very excited - need to get some serious bell action in before then...but not tonight :D

WI for me tomorrow so hoping to have lost a cheeky lb or 2( or 5 :))
Photos will be posted tomorrow :)

Hi girlandthesea I cannot workout in the morning as don't do breakfast (I know!) so don't have enough fuel to swing. Try a few things out to see what works, sorry not very helpful :) glad to hear you got over cardio and enjoy core, my fav!

Chick :) poor Ryan he has been cursed and slated and now rejected lol
good luck for WI tomorrow, and excited to see your photos x

Susie wow your giving it some on the training:) well done on your weight loss and really glad to hear how much better your feeling. A lot of bell work your wrist should be in alignment with your arm, but that's not to say you don't need some flexibility depending on the exercise. You will need to consider whether the weight pressing on your straight wrist, or pulling when weight is lifted or hanging is safe for you. I believe that there are kb exercises you could do, but you need to understand how physically it interacts with your wrist and what to avoid. The bells work your joints, which could be a positive, I injured my back and suffered and the bells have really helped me, but I do believe form is a huge factor in training so was conscious of what not to do or modify to work - near enough pain free now :)

Bugs doing two :) good idea not to do three in one day lol Omg that would have been the quickest week 3 was done :) hope you get your food back on track, It's Friday tomorrow, nearly the weekend!

Biggy great to hear your up for round 2 :) sorry to hear you don't appear to have noticed any dramatic change :( I agree with that good achy feeling, as you have not had it for weeks perhaps your fitter than you know and should have upped to your 7.5 sooner, round 2 may tell :) looking forward to your orange piccies lol

WI for me tonight and I sts :) so target minus 2 and very happy ;)

Woohoo Kron that's great :)

Wk6 Cardio done :D Wow - a few breathers needed in that one. I consider my Cardio Challenged!!

I love the one legged moves but I'm going to need a bit more practice with the 1 legged lean down and dob the bell on the floor move. Fine on the way down but my balance was quite wobbly on the way back up. Still it made me laugh a bit so can't be bad.

Looking forward to Core on Sunday. When I finish the 6 weeks on Tuesday I plan to take a week and a bit off as heading down to the Lakes for a few days to meet up with pals. Hubbie asked if I was taking my bells with me. Errrr - that would be a no - although I did have a slight think about it! :eek:

Gettingfit oh no! will check holiday forum :(

Sue you will only regret it if you dont take it lol imagine having a swing outside overlooking the lake bliss!!!! Thats the one legged deadlift and it is challenging but great for butt and thighs, use your butt muscles to pull you up :) If you do it barefoot and use your toes to really grip the ground it helps, as well as working more muscles!

Hubbys pc is not well - just spent the last couple of hours trying to get it operating - trust it to die when i switch it on lol

I need a virtual Kick up the backside!!! have only been for one short run all week and havent done any Kettleworx since sunday!!!

Donzy shame on you - now get running or swinging you know your worth it! ;)

Come on Donzy, you're so close to finishing the 6 week programme. You can do it, chuck! :)

Donzy sending you a massive kick. GET KW DONE IMMEDIATELY!!! :) You'll feel so much better after doing it :)

Week 6 cardio done. Sweated buckets, but really enjoyed it. Was cursing Ryan when I did the shoulder press!
Gettingfit, hope you're ok!
Kron, hope you aren't being told off for 'breaking' the pc ;)

Come on everyone, we can do this!!! We are machines!

Kettleworx round 1
-9.5lbs

Attachments

• week 6.jpg
    week 6.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 86
Thanks Clairebear :)10/12 depending on the shop :)

Back