Secret to shaping up

hi kron just want to say well done for ur brilliant loss u look fab in ur photos, i have been thinking about getting some kettlebells for a while but as i have back and neck problems have been putting it off but decided after reading this thread to go ahead and get some i have only ordered a light one to start to see how i get on then hopefully i will be able to increase the weight. got to go only on page 16 i've got a lot of reading to do lol xx

Rainbows were the most difficult ones in terms of space. Everything else was manageable :)
My rainbows were kind of half-bows :p

Good luck with finishing tomorrow, knowing someone else it as the same stage is gonna spur me on to finish too :)

We can do it Clairebear. We ARE machines! :D

KW Advanced is very similar in that its a 6 week programme, so you get another 18 workouts but pushes you harder lol, you have some of the same moves with new ones thrown in, to me it seemed like it was tougher and a little more fast paced, altho the dreaded week 6 cardio seemed really easy! I cant remember her name at the minute - the little light haired lady with the light blue top - she kicks Kimberleys butt in the abs dept in the advanced one :)

Illa how exciting, hope you get it all soon :)

Well (shhhh) when i got home there was a little box in the porch that has been delivered, went to pick it up, and it was really heavy, methinks its one of my bday presents and could be a 12kg!

Off to class soon, looking forward to it, was really tired, normal Monday horrible work so will swing the stresses away x

Cheers Kron. Think I will add the Advanced set to my Christmas list. I think the little blond lady is Tracy - she's one of my favourites as she always seems so smiley and she is much more understated than Kim-look-at-my-abs-you-know-you-are-jealous-of-me-berley! :8855:

A 12kg bell! You could do some damage with that! :eek:

hi all i have been away for a few months i got ill and was unable to exercise... needless to say i have put on 6lbs and i am out of shape... but im back and starting the kettleworx again tom am... wish me.luck... all you ladies have done soon well less hope i can join. yoairu and get back.in to it..

Sue and Claire nearly done :) still standing lol have fun with the last one and hope to hear your thoughts on kw x

Valerie welcome to the swingers club :) how have you hurt your back and neck? Good idea to keep to a light weight to see how you get on, I know the bells have strengthened my back, so hope it helps you. Please post any questions you may have and take it easy to start. Enjoy the read lol

Pretika are you well now? Good to have you back with us :) hope you enjoy your workout tomorrow, don't push yourself too hard if your still a bit under the weather :)

Roll on Wednesday Illa :)

I will be doing good if I can pick a 12 up lol, but strangely excited about the thought of using it even tho don't use my 10 for a full workout yet, but know swings will be fun :)

Just checking in to let you all know that I am still here & still swinging away though I have been playing rather than following kw. I plan to get back onto the programme again tomorrow & get round 2 finished off. Things have been hectic here with kids so I have been playing with my bell when I can to try to keep it up until things calmed down a bit. Will hopefully get a proper catch up tomorrow

Yes I am still here too following everyones progress. Kettlebell exercise has definitely grown on me. I love making my own routines and have incorporated some of the moves you suggested kron. Any suggestions for targeting thighs?

Had a really bad night's sleep so finally threw in the towel and got up at six (instead of 7:15) and am now swinging with the larks! I have never exercised before work so I will be curious to see if if affects my performance/mood later on in the day. I am finding I don't have the strength to do one of the moves very well - half get-ups. Obviously a move that requires me to have my Weetabix first!

Kron, you really struck a chord with me when you pointed out that Kettleworx entire program is just 6 hours of work, which makes results achieved in that short time really quite impressive (improvements in strength and form, let alone anything else). I'm going to keep at it.
My have-always-been-tight black trousers kept slipping down a tiny bit yesterday so hopefully results are starting to appear.

Swingers! I have done it. Kettleworx round 1 done. Just finished Wk6 Resistance and I loved it. I actually found it pretty easy and didn't need to stop for a breather until part way through the 2nd set. Having said that, I was still very sweaty by the end of it and the heart rate was pumping away.

I'm going to get Mr Sue to wield his tape measure :) this evening and will then post any inch loss results along with my thoughts either late tonight or tomorrow morning when I've had a wee think.

In the meantime I'm going to give myself a mahoosive PAT ON THE BACK!! :D

Valerie welcome to the swingers club :) how have you hurt your back and neck? Good idea to keep to a light weight to see how you get on, I know the bells have strengthened my back, so hope it helps you. Please post any questions you may have and take it easy to start. Enjoy the read lol

hi kron i have 2 inter-vertebral disc bulges in my neck and widespread degenerative lumbar spine (just copied it off hosp letter lol) am in constant pain am hoping i can strengthen my back :rolleyes: i know the physiotherapist kept on about core muscles i don't think i have any ha ha. my kettlebell & dvd's should be here tomorrow :eek: i am sure i will be back asking questions thanks for such a brilliant thread xx

Hi Valerie, welcome to the club!!! :)

Well ladies I got back into the swing of things with the lovely Ryan this afternoon and done week 4 cardio. I switched down to the 5kg for the holds but other than that & those dreadful mountain climbers I managed the rest with the 7.5kg. It will be great to get back into a routine with the bells again. Hilarious as hubby found it when he walked into the kitchen & I was doing windmills while preparing tea I feel like I have had a good workout after a kettleworx session (plus I got a pair of skinny jeans at the weekend so I need to keep up the work ;)) I'm still really enjoying having a good play though & have been working really hard with krons ab busters!!!! I squeezed into a 12 at the weekend & I'll never forget Kron telling me when I started that I would get into a 12 (sorry Kron I know I didnt believe you at the time :eek:) So swingers its onwards & downwards from now on :D

Sweet :) a size 12 and a pair of skinny jeans that is awesome news, so happy for you, keep it up and they will be too big soon ;)

Eatwell great to hear your developing your routine and enjoying it, I will be posting some thigh buster moves - lots of lunges and squats will need to be done to get those thighs in shape :)

Biggy sorry to hear you had a bad night, but good you got up and had a swing :) hope your day went ok after working out first thing in the morning! Make sure you get some wear out of those tight trousers, you may find them getting a bit baggy before too long :)

Sue all done! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about your results and kw x

Valerie good for you working towards getting yourself stronger which will hopefully help with pain relief! I know all about not having core muscles until I started the bells, just promise me you will be careful and check with your physio about what your doing. The bells will strengthen your core, no doubt about that, but make sure your form is good so as not to pull on your neck

Sue, massive congrats on completing round 1 :D Will look forward to hearing your thoughts and inch loss!!

Well I'm planning on doing a core session tonight when my dinner has settled, not sure which one yet!! And can hopefully squeeze a cardio in tomorrow night - going my holidays early on Thurs so would feel good to tick off another week before I jet off :)

Then the only exercise I shall be doing for the next week will be lifting a cocktail glass :D

FINISHED!!!
I have finally finished KW. Unfortunately I didn't take any before measurements or photos- however, I'll be doing KW again, and also my kettlercise dvd which arrived today. I WILL take some measurements and photos this time around.
Promise :p

Hope everyone is swinging away merrily :)

FINISHED!!!
I have finally finished KW. Unfortunately I didn't take any before measurements or photos- however, I'll be doing KW again, and also my kettlercise dvd which arrived today. I WILL take some measurements and photos this time around.
Promise :p

Hope everyone is swinging away merrily :)

Valerie good for you working towards getting yourself stronger which will hopefully help with pain relief! I know all about not having core muscles until I started the bells, just promise me you will be careful and check with your physio about what your doing. The bells will strengthen your core, no doubt about that, but make sure your form is good so as not to pull on your neck
couldn't believe it my kettlebell & dvds came today only ordered them yesterday had a go it feels quite light but will be ok to start with,thanks i will be careful, my neck & back will soon let me know if i'm pushing myself too hard xx
Hi Valerie, welcome to the club!!! :)
thanks sweet pink xx

Back