Secret to shaping up

Week3 res done :) thighs and butt were still really hurting from cardio on Thursday but decided to just get it over with and so glad I did because muscles feel much better now :)

Put my hrm on but when I went to check cals at the end it said 0 so I've obviously done something wrong, really annoyed but will try and figure it out for next time!! Also found the hrm pretty annoying, it's a watch so it gets in the way with moves like the shoulder press when you have to balance the bell slightly on your wrist! Also found it a bit itchy when I got sweaty!! Overall a bit disappointed with it :( will persevere though!!

Hope certain swingers are recovering from hangovers ;)

Kron - check you out! Hope you feeling a bit more human now? xx

Week3 res done :) thighs and butt were still really hurting from cardio on Thursday but decided to just get it over with and so glad I did because muscles feel much better now :)

Put my hrm on but when I went to check cals at the end it said 0 so I've obviously done something wrong, really annoyed but will try and figure it out for next time!! Also found the hrm pretty annoying, it's a watch so it gets in the way with moves like the shoulder press when you have to balance the bell slightly on your wrist! Also found it a bit itchy when I got sweaty!! Overall a bit disappointed with it :( will persevere though!!

Hope certain swingers are recovering from hangovers ;)

Does it have a chest strap as well because it it does you can put the watch in your pocket which is what I do

Susie25 said:
Does it have a chest strap as well because it it does you can put the watch in your pocket which is what I do

Yes it does! This didn't even occur to me, doh!!! Thanks :) I'll do that next time :)

I'm very excited, just reserved a heart rate monitor watch thingy from Argos - it tells you calories burned etc so will look forward to wearing it during resistance week 3 and reporting back :) Might even do it later so I can play with my new toy :)

I'd be really interested in hearing about the heart rate monitor and if its good - I really wanted one of them all singing, all dancing garmin thingys that had heart rate, calories burned, GPS etc etc but just cant afford it.

Good evening all,
Kron after my trainer suddenly ditched me on Wednesday I have decided to replace her with kettleworx!
Just wondering, I bought the 10 disc set and was wondering when I should use the other targeted DVDs? So I cld do the resistance, core and cardio 3 tomes per week, but when wld I do the other DVDs? E.g. Fast abs, arms, hips etc.
There's no guidance so am hoping u can help??

Thanks in advance x

I addressed that to guru kron but any help from anyone wld be appreciated x

Hi mama Mia,

I've only ever done fast abs once and it was after a resistance session. You could add it on to the end of a session or do it on rest days as it's only 10 minutes!! I need to dig out fast abs now you mention it.... :) good luck!

Toola-Roola said:
I'd be really interested in hearing about the heart rate monitor and if its good - I really wanted one of them all singing, all dancing garmin thingys that had heart rate, calories burned, GPS etc etc but just cant afford it.

I will let you know when I've used it properly, it only cost £20 from argos, obviously no where near as sophisticated as the garmin ones but I only really wanted it for the calories burned, now just to figure out how to use it properly!

Hi all :)
I am alive lol, honestly wasnt that hungover! was out yesterday, home in time to watch x factor then was snoring on the couch lol

Thanks for your lovely comments, I still feel awkward when having my photo taken after years of trying to avoid being in one lol

Cassy be careful with your neck, it may be that you are tensing or your form is slightly out, try to keep your shoulders relaxed and down and back, using the force from your hips to swing. If there are any moves that your neck feels scrunched or pulled, let me know which ones and i will offer suggestion. Good to hear your knee has eased and hope your elbow is feeling better x I want to come shopping with you, how funny are you I bet you cheered the cctv ops up lol

Welshtigger bad news about your car! Fingers crossed santa brings you it, not long to go now x

Chick i attach my watch to my t-shirt strap so it keeps it out of the way, also with strength training you will continue to burn calories hours after you finish your workout. Check out this link that shows the cal burning effects of various workouts Aerobic Vs. Anaerobic Fat Burning | LIVESTRONG.COM

Mama what happened to your PT? The short workouts can be done at any time, I started incorporating them after i had been doing it for a couple of weeks and was more familiar with the moves and wasnt dead after doing the regular 3 lol. I enjoyed doing them on the days in between, but they can be done after one of the set, if your able to!

I will be having a swing today, after Fridays nights alcohol with buffet, and blow out fry up and chinese yesterday there is a need to combat my indulgences lol Also got my veg for my superspeed soup which always shifts those few added lbs :)

After my first KB workout, I was unable to squat for several days. Happy to report that after all workouts since, I have been fine the next day. Does this mean I am doing it ok, or does it mean I should try another workout?

Hi sauage are you doing the beginner or intermediate workout with Amy? Altho you dont have to be achy after each session its good to feel something to show that you are working those muscles, and as your are using a 5kg it should be challenging you

Week 2 resistance completed.

I really want to measure myself but will not do it until the 6 weeks are up.

My scales are finally moving down after weeks of being stubborn - not sure if its just a coincidence it happens the same time I start kettles? Either way I'm happy!

Chickadee, thanks for the response. Am too frightened of fast abs but may try fast fat burn and see how it goes. Tar again

Kron, thanks too. ur an inspiration. Both of you!

My trainer? Well, i met with my trainer every mon, weds an fri and have done for the last 6months. She basically text me on Tuesday night saying that, due to some personal reasons, she won't be training me anymore. Just like that. Over and done with. I was so gutted! Firstly cos she did it by text, and secondly because she didn't even give me a programme or anything to see me on my way. Sigh...

Anyway, these things are a blessing I guess. I have had many a sleepless night about it and went into panic at the though of doing it alone, having only just recently lost my first stone, i am still not 100% convinced i can REALLY do this on my owns.

Anyway, then I remembered you and chickadee83 and how inspirational u have both been on this forum (and the rest of you), so decided to replace her with an inanimate object called kettleworx. Its the least she deserves (meow) and aves me £300 per month! I bet you that Kettleworx wont dump me!!!

I have been using kb's for the six months so have a 5lb (tickler), a 6kg and an 8kg. I use the 8kg the most but know that this type of programme will be more intense than what I have done up until now (more rests) so bought the 6kg to supplement but am wondering if I should get a 4kg instead? I think I'm quite strong but am not sure if I'll be able to cope (I guess I'll find out tomorrow eh!) lol.

KW defo looks good (and actually a bit more intense as we liked a little chat whilst working out), but i would see the trainer for an hour per slot (min twice per week), will this really do the trick in 20/30minutes?

I can feel the panic setting in again.... Help!

Thank u for letting me rant, all of ur support and, without even knowing it, helping me through my own personal turmoil!

Kisses

Hi Mama Mia,

Firstly, you are not alone because you have the support of everyone on here :)

If you have been using an 8kg Kettlebell up until now then I really think you should try Kettleworx using your 8 - if it's too much swap down to your 6kg but I think anything below 5kg will be too light for you. You really need to challenge your body to see results quickly. I'm by no means an expert on Kettlebells but I know it has given me results by doing it only 3 times per week, so yes - if you stick with it you will get results - if you are intending icluding the extra workouts then your results will be better and quicker.

Please don't be afraid of the fast abs lol It is pretty much just core but shorter!! The moves are really just the same :)

It's a shame how things ended with your trainer and very unprofessional on her part but as you say you now have an extra £300 in your pocket each month :) Good luck with Kettleworx and keep us all updated because the support and advice on here is fab :)

Chickadee, that gave me a lump
In my throat!

Thanks for ur words of support and encouragement. I will do the first session (using my 8) tomorrow morning and report in!

Toola roola, I live in London..thanks anyway. Will save the money as, by the looks of things, I'll be needing a new wardrobe real soon! Lol

My trousers are hanging off me today...and it feels good!!!

Back