Secret to shaping up

chickadee83 said:
Yay, week 3 Cardio done and I actually enjoyed it :eek: It is MUCH easier than 1 and 2 so that's probably why!! Managed to figure out how to track cals on HRM but at the end I looked and it said 75 cals....no way...I was sweating buckets...think I may have the settings or something wrong, will need to check again lol I'm hopeless!

Just week 3 core to do now( I think) Keep losing track because I am doing them in a mixed up order! At least posting on here keeps me on track!

I wear my hrm and always burn about 190 to 200 cals. Do you have a exercise machine you use that shows cals burnt, if so wear your hrm and check to see if it's similar. My cross trainer is about 20 less than my hrm.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think I have entered my details wrong as I have ran for 20 minutes on a treadmill in the past without breaking too much of a sweat and have burned more- I'll double check for next time :) it's a good idea susie but I don't have a treadmill! glad your flexibility is improving :)

Thighs are sore!! :(

chickadee83 said:
I think I have entered my details wrong as I have ran for 20 minutes on a treadmill in the past without breaking too much of a sweat and have burned more- I'll double check for next time :) it's a good idea susie but I don't have a treadmill! glad your flexibility is improving :)

Thighs are sore!! :(

Does the HRM give MET's? I can't remember what it stands for but basically if it says 2, then you're working at twice your resting rate, so will be burning twice the amount of calories you need to simply survive.
Lots of sites tell you how many calories you need at your weight.

Hi,
I have just started kettleworx last week and so far I have done
Sunday 16th - wk 1 cardio
Tuesday 18th - wk 1 resistance and core
Thursday 20th wk 1 core
Sunday 23rd wk 1 cardio

Now my question is at which point do I start wk 2 ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
Thursday 20th wk 1 core
Sunday 23rd wk 1 cardio

Thanks in advance

Any day you fancy / are ready this week, I would have thought.
Did you do Week 1 Cardio twice because it's the sample workout?
It's the hardest in the whole six week program (in my opinion) so Well Done for doing it....twice!

Oh great will start week 2 tonight, I didn't realise week 1 cardio was a sample, I thought it was a killer, I have been dreading doing it again tonight. So is cardio week 2 slightly easier ?

Just bought a 7.5kg bell at lunch and the tesco girl couldn't pick it up to scan it !

hi all, i am thinking about buying the kettleworx programme. it seems a good investment considering the great results people on here are having.

i have a couple of questions though. firstly, will i be able to do this workout if i am really unfit....and i do mean really unfit, i get a bit breathless climbing the stairs. i am currently a few stone overweight and don't do any exercise at all.

secondly i have looked on the kettleworx website and the ultra package is 79.99. on the ideal world site the ultimate body collection is 44.99 - they look exactly the same to me bar the price. am i missing something?! could someone who has the set have a look and tell me if these are the same packages under a different name.

thanks!

ceres said:
hi all, i am thinking about buying the kettleworx programme. it seems a good investment considering the great results people on here are having.

i have a couple of questions though. firstly, will i be able to do this workout if i am really unfit....and i do mean really unfit, i get a bit breathless climbing the stairs. i am currently a few stone overweight and don't do any exercise at all.

secondly i have looked on the kettleworx website and the ultra package is 79.99. on the ideal world site the ultimate body collection is 44.99 - they look exactly the same to me bar the price. am i missing something?! could someone who has the set have a look and tell me if these are the same packages under a different name.

thanks!

They are two different packages!
The kettleworx one is:
Intro, Cardio, resistance, core, fast fat burn, fast abs, arms&shoulders, butt&hips, back&chest and legs&thighs!!!

And the ideal world one is only the last 4-arms&shoulders etc
And the kettle bell with both packs

HTH

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

thanks!
I got mine from Ideal world for £49.99 and got 5lb bell, intro, cardio,core, resistance and bonus dvd's fast abs and fast fat loss and I got the payment spread over 2 months:D

Hi Peeps - well that's Round 2, Wk5 Core out of the way. One of my favourites. No planks but rainbows and the one legged bell pass around the body. Love it! The rainbows look so lovely and easy but after the 3rd set you can really feel it in your arms with the 7.5kg.

Resistance Friday and then next week the final week of R2. Feels like its taken ages this time. Then will get Mr Sue to get his trusty tape measure out :)!!

thanks!

I hadn't exercised in years and you'll see from my stats I am no slim jim BUT I love KW. I'm big boobed (38H but decreasing :)) so don't do jumping and running around for fear of a serious injury, KW is just the thing for challenging you to a good workout without lots of moving about all over the place. Beware its no soft option mind and you will sweat buckets - but this is a good thing.

Please don't be put off by your weight and being unfit. You can start off with a smallish bell and build up. Good luck. :)

Hi,
Thursday 20th wk 1 core
Sunday 23rd wk 1 cardio

Thanks in advance

Hi Babycham, Well done on getting off to a great start :)

On the intro dvd there is a sample workout - which is identical to cardio week 1 - that's what Biggy was meaning( I think!)

There are no rules about when to do kettleworx, that'[s the beauty of it :)

For example you might do Cardio on Sundays, Res on Tuesdays and Core on Thursdays - starting off at week 1, then week 2, 3...etc If you want to add in extras as you have been doing then thats cool too :)

Good luck with it :)

Does the HRM give MET's? I can't remember what it stands for but basically if it says 2, then you're working at twice your resting rate, so will be burning twice the amount of calories you need to simply survive.
Lots of sites tell you how many calories you need at your weight.

Hi Shirleen,

I don't think it does - it's a pretty basic one but thanks for the info anyway :)

Hey all, going to have to start the kettleWorx all over again, the diets been out of the window since sat, got alot of stress on at the mo so havent even faced up to exercise gonna start from scratch on thurs, hope I can get back into this, my will power went out of the window with the school holiday, I find it hard to cope when I know my routine is changing :(

Hi all :)

Sue roll on next week, looking forward to getting an update :)

Babycham how are you finding kw? Great to hear you have started swinging ;)what weight bell are you using. All of them are easier than week 1 cardio lol.good luck with week 2 you get new moves added each week, so keeps it varied Have fun with your 5kg, hope you didn't have to carry it far lol

Ceres, as Sue has said don't be put off. I used to get out of breath going up one flight of stairs and survived lol it is exercise so you will get out of breath and think most are impossible to do! But each week you feel and get better.
The Ideal one only comes with a 5lbbell, which is quite light, tho will feel tough at first,but I do suggest starting around a 5KG to get some good results.

Chick hope the thighs have eased. I was playing with my 10 and 12 Sunday and with class last night, my shoulders were hit hard and soooo feeling it today lol

Donzy what week? Lol hope you get it done, what would Ryan be saying right now! X

Cassy hope you get back into the swing ;) I know what it's like when your routine goes out the window, and if your under pressure as well its going to be difficult keeping to food or exercise plan! Exercise can be a great stress buster, as well as making some me time. X

I did wk1 cardio yesterday and the backs of my legs and glutes are just starting to hurt ( it seems to take about 24 hrs for me to feel the pain) wish I hadn't done 30 mins on the cross trainer tonight now!!

My question is does anyone else do other exercise or stick to just kettlebells?

What is also round 2, is it just the whole workout all over again or another set of dvd's ?

Week 2 Cardio completed.

I really enjoyed this week but was knackered! Not sure if its because I've not eaten much today - having a carb free day and my fruit at work was manky so didn't eat all day until I had weetabix at 5pm. Not sure if I'm feeling weak because of that or the bells lol!

Week 3 Core on Thursday.

I did wk1 cardio yesterday and the backs of my legs and glutes are just starting to hurt ( it seems to take about 24 hrs for me to feel the pain) wish I hadn't done 30 mins on the cross trainer tonight now!!

My question is does anyone else do other exercise or stick to just kettlebells?

What is also round 2, is it just the whole workout all over again or another set of dvd's ?

I'm the same, I never really feel it until the next day. Last week I thought my workout was a waster of time and I was going to do cardio when I got home, by the afternoon I was aching all over!

I normally do zumba on a Wed but haven't been the last 2 weeks so have not added more exercise in since kettles but may go to class tomorrow, time depending.

I think most who are doing round 2 are doing the same workouts, just with heavier weights.

Back