Secret to shaping up

Yeah I feel the same about the half get-ups, but I do believe what Ryan says about them being the one exercise that really works a lot of muscle groups etc. so I try my best to do them with the 7.5, at least for the first set. Hard work though!
I'll be getting Mr Biggy to take photos again this weekend as I will have finished Round 2.
To be honest I can't say I'm bored with the kettleworx set yet, so it really was a good investment as my plan is to do the whole program again, using a 10kg where possible (aka, for about two moves lol)
Maybe after that I will feel I've really got my money's worth and might buy a new dvd, although to be fair, buying a heavier kettlebell every so often is an investment too so I'm going to try not to splurge too much on dvds....I have a wedding to pay for after all ;)
Have a great day everyone x

thanks everyone. i have decided to order the dvds and just get on with it. as i'm so unfit i think i will start with the 5lb kettlebell that comes with it, i know it is teeny compared to what a lot of you are using but i think it will be challenging enough for me on round 1.

ceres said:
thanks everyone. i have decided to order the dvds and just get on with it. as i'm so unfit i think i will start with the 5lb kettlebell that comes with it, i know it is teeny compared to what a lot of you are using but i think it will be challenging enough for me on round 1.

Ceres I started off with the 5lb bell the first day and yes I was sore for about 3 days but tesco direct sell a 5kg bell for £10 which I picked up last week and used it this week and it was so much better than the 5lb bell but there were some moves I has to use the 5lb on as my wrists are weak xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dont worry about the weight - good form is critical and starting right is the best way. Rather than progress rapidly through weights I instead decided to add more complex exercises. Doing Sots Press or Pistols with a 5lb weight will be challenging for anyone. Plus theres always someone who can handle a bigger weight so dont make comparisons just do your stuff. Also, you will progress to bigger weights but having a smaller weight handy is useful perhaps toward the end of your session or for providing alternate exercises such as bottom up style e.g bottom up shoulder press (thats pressing the kettlebell up with the handle lowermost, it has nothing to do with your bum...).

You will find that the real limitation of moving to big weights is the strength of your wrists (this is true of dumbells too). Doing some wrist/forearm exercises at the end of a set will help you get ready for this e.g flips, hand to hands, wrist or finger curls, thors hammer (thats a side to side movement) and bottom up to shoulder

Ceres,

I'm still using a 5lbs and will be starting week 3 tonight.

I still find it works - I get out of breath, sweat, ache the next day etc.

As Martin said, I'm practising form. I know full well if I attempted a heavier weight I wouldn't do it properly.

Im going to get a 5kg and do round 2 with it.

Hi all

My thought on the weight is that some moves are easier with a heavier weight, others a lighter weight! Over time I have collected a few bells and can use all of them in one workout. If I want to get a high rep cardio workout I go light, where I want to tone and define, the weight goes up. The heavier the weight the bigger the calorie burn and toning results. Ultimately, as long as you feel challenged, you are not wasting your time, push yourself and results will be achieved :)

After my workout yesterday was dreading today, but not too bad, got a light soreness in shoulders, butt and thighs so will be taking it to class again :)

Biggy I hope you have bells on your wedding pressie list ;) only 1 day until the weekend can't wait!
Mr Biggy is going to marry a completely different woman than he proposed to. Are you all organised, dress picked out etc x

Thanks, Kron. I do have a wedding dress that I got online (very cheap but it turns out it's my ideal dress, I totally love it) But it was ridiculously small, couldn't get it next nor near fitting me when it arrived, but I decided to hang on to it anyway. I keep trying it on about every six weeks. It's still not fitting but I think I've made progress. It's not the end of the world if it never fits, I'll get another one. But it's the ultimate "goal" outfit, I guess ;)

Your post about my fiance marrying a new-and-improved version has given me a lift, so thanks. Praise of others helps when my own patience is lacking.

I think I should finally be getting a 10kg bell in the next week or so. I do feel like I look and feel different now (more definition, especially in the arms and shoulders, it's definitely down to the bells and I love it), just would love to shred a few inches off my back fat, belly and hips too. xx

Biggy I can't wait to see your updated pics :)

We are all willing you to fit into that perfect dress of yours- you can do it :)

I've been really busy at work but gonna start week 4 r2 tomorrow :)

TGIF :) :) :)

Good morning all!
I've been following this thread since June 2011 with interest and a plan to start. Finally 4 months on the time has come! Got the kettleworx set this week and did the intro session 2 days ago. It was great. I found the 5lb bell rather light so bought a 5kg (11lb) bell from Tesco.
This morning I took my Day 1 photos & stats. I have just done Wk 1 Cardio and, my goodness, I got breathless and had to rest at points ?! I had to swap down to the 5lb (baby rattle I've heard it called!) at times.
That was tough but fun. I'm excited and look forward to the challenges and rewards of the next 6 weeks.
Well done every one, your posts are inspiring ?

I love this thread even though I've yet to start! What with being ill and working so much I haven't been to the gym in two weeks!
But I plan to go tomorrow morning and actually pick up a KB! The workout area is now partitioned off so will have a bit of privacy esp as I plan to go at 6am!

Are the adjustable bells any good? They look quite bulky?
Adjustable bells - cost effective over time, space saving, portable; also some have flatter surface which can reduce impact bruises. Downside of bulk is also true of vinyl standard kettebells - a 16kg vinyl is massive and I couldnt use one for many exercises, so its steel/iron for me. You lose the ability to move quickly between exercises assuming you need variable weights - I however tend to use one weight only (and perhaps have a dumbell handy for heavy lifts like goblet squats over 24kg).

I think that key things make me prefer trad bells are

• grip - ease of single and double handed holds, shape for comfort
  • avoidance of bulk
  • the solid feel and no movement or noise from small movements in individiual weights
  • the centre of gravity I know where it is on specific makes
  • plus for me I like them coated pref with neoprene for grip such as waiter lifts mean I prefer standard bells.

Make sure you try them first before you commit £££!!!!

Good morning all!
I've been following this thread since June 2011 with interest and a plan to start. Finally 4 months on the time has come! Got the kettleworx set this week and did the intro session 2 days ago. It was great. I found the 5lb bell rather light so bought a 5kg (11lb) bell from Tesco.
This morning I took my Day 1 photos & stats. I have just done Wk 1 Cardio and, my goodness, I got breathless and had to rest at points ?! I had to swap down to the 5lb (baby rattle I've heard it called!) at times.
That was tough but fun. I'm excited and look forward to the challenges and rewards of the next 6 weeks.
Well done every one, your posts are inspiring ?

Nice one Trimlee. Don't worry about pausing on the workouts. I still do it now, especially when you're switching from the floor and then on your feet and then back to the floor etc.

And if you can get through wk1 Cardio then you can get through the whole thing. It's a killer!! :)

I love this thread even though I've yet to start! What with being ill and working so much I haven't been to the gym in two weeks!
But I plan to go tomorrow morning and actually pick up a KB! The workout area is now partitioned off so will have a bit of privacy esp as I plan to go at 6am!

Can't wait to hear how you got on. Glad you're feeling better. :)

Afternoon Swingers - my work days switched again this week so I've ended up with today off. What better way to end the week (or get myself pumped for the Tescos run) than with Wk5 Resistance!

For some reason found I was knackered half way through the 2nd set and I had to take some longer pauses to get myself sorted. Managed it all ok though. Still love the Catapult Situps and wish they were in more of the sessions (think they only appear in this one if I remember right).

So Round 2 Week 6 kicks off Sunday. Then I think I'll have a week off from the programme and do a few Fast Abs/Fat Burn sessions for a change. Then I'm planning to cram in Round 3 which will take me up to Christmas nicely. After Santa's been ;) I shall have a go at the Advanced programme. :eek:

Catch you all later. Tescos is calling as soon as I no longer resemble a beetroot! :)

Hey swingers,
Thought I'd update u with my round 2 halfway point measurements:

Bust: 2cm
Waist: 1cm
Hips: 3cm
Thighs: 2cm
Calves: 2cm

Not as amazing as last time round but I'm more than happy with them xxx

Donzy84 said:
Hey swingers,
Thought I'd update u with my round 2 halfway point measurements:

Bust: 2cm
Waist: 1cm
Hips: 3cm
Thighs: 2cm
Calves: 2cm

Not as amazing as last time round but I'm more than happy with them xxx

That's great!
What were your first round? I'm on 3G or I'd do a search!

Back