Secret to shaping up

Hiya I got a 5lb but only used it once, the 5kg ones (11lb) are £10 in asda, that's what I used. Have u checked out ideal world few ppl got kettleworx from there x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

£10 is a great price, am back in the UK in a few weeks so will take a trip to Asda - only problem is weight in the suitcase.

Thanks will have a look on Ideal World website.

Hi Suespain, firstly awesome weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself, well done! I agree with Donzy and would suggest going for the 10lb (4.5kg) that comes with the kw set or if you can just get the DVDs, pick up a 5 or 6kg to start. Have you been doing other exercise?

Hi Kron, thanks, its taken time, but getting there eventually. Will try the 10lb, thought the 5lb might be a bit light weight.

I try and do the wii everyday, about an hr. Have a polar pt4 watch and try and get 350-500 cals burned each day - just done 506 - so enough for one day!

Just fancied doing something different, weight seems to have become stagnant and the kettlebells look great.

You have a great weight loss also, saw your pics on this thread - fantastic.

Just done wk 1 core which was actually great but I had a bit of a problem. When I had completed the hip thrusts I came over all sick. I had a headache and felt really unwell like car sickness. Ive had this before when I've tried to do sit ups, it's like a motion thing. I tried to carry on but had to call it a day and get a drink. Still have a headache now 3 hrs later :(

Biggy how many dess sizes would you need to drop to get into your dress? You have loads of time before the big day so i believe you could be wearing it. Fantastic news on getting your 10, so quickly too, and using it for resistance week 6, thats a fantastic acheivement, how did you find it? Looking forward to your updated results, cant wait :)

Hi Kron and thanks, Well I would say I'm a big size 12 now. The dress says it's a 12 (which is why I bought it) but it's bridal and soooooo not a true /high street 12. In fact, I would say it's closer to an 8! when i first saw it, I thought it would be "impossible" for me to ever fit into it. Now, I think it would be a "mahoosive challenge"......progress right? Fittitude lol
Using the 10kg for my Resistance felt great...comfy, no problems, I went down to 7.5 for the half get-ups, everything else was fine as there were no gunslingers/boxing moves/seated pass-unders.

I hope using a heavier bell will "turbo-charge" my results. I have replaced my Week 6 photos with new Week 12 ones in my album. Sorry I didn't keep the Week 6 ones on too to show progression but I got very frustrated with not being able to put the pics in order etc.....Even now, as it is, they are not in order but I'm hoping that the difference between Before and After is obvious enough anyway lol.

SueSpain, like everyone else, I would definitely recommend the 10lb not the 5lb. I got the 5lb one and it is really light. I actually never used it!

Good luck, have a lovely weekend everyone x

Hi Kron and thanks, Well I would say I'm a big size 12 now. The dress says it's a 12 (which is why I bought it) but it's bridal and soooooo not a true /high street 12. In fact, I would say it's closer to an 8! when i first saw it, I thought it would be "impossible" for me to ever fit into it. Now, I think it would be a "mahoosive challenge"......progress right? Fittitude lol
Using the 10kg for my Resistance felt great...comfy, no problems, I went down to 7.5 for the half get-ups, everything else was fine as there were no gunslingers/boxing moves/seated pass-unders.

I hope using a heavier bell will "turbo-charge" my results. I have replaced my Week 6 photos with new Week 12 ones in my album. Sorry I didn't keep the Week 6 ones on too to show progression but I got very frustrated with not being able to put the pics in order etc.....Even now, as it is, they are not in order but I'm hoping that the difference between Before and After is obvious enough anyway lol.

SueSpain, like everyone else, I would definitely recommend the 10lb not the 5lb. I got the 5lb one and it is really light. I actually never used it!

Good luck, have a lovely weekend everyone x

amazing results!!!!!! xxx

Hi guys any advice on what to eat for muscle recovery please. I'm going back to my C25k, and I start kettlebell training on monday so just want to make sure I am looking after my body. Do you have protein shakes or bars or something else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Hi there

Muscles recovery is really important. However I don't buy protein bars I prefer proper grub. So....Ed Burke book (Inside the Cyclist and Optimal Muscle Recovery) and my experience are the source of my suggestions below -

• hydrate - drink water, avoid caffeine/booze. dont drink too much too quickly
  • a quick post exercise meal of rice cake, peanut butter and mashed banana is ideal
  • glutamine - not a bad supplement for post workout recovery, my step son uses it; it aids recovery. Forget lucozade type drinks or adding salt - pointless empty calories. Your body needs potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium - so have leafy green veg, yoghurts, banana etc..,
  • self myofascial relief/massage - use foam roller or pilates balls, if your not sure what to do let me know but really aids recovery and feels good
  • Yogic breathing - any relaxtion to reduce the cortisol in your body will do but breathing slow and easy is regarded as effective. cortisol can impact fat prouction and slow muscle recovery
  • ice bath - seriously if you can take it these work. 6-10 mins only. Ok guess this wont happen but its effective!
  • Complex carbs (high GI), protein and anti oxidents. Try some salmon with jacket potato, kidney beans and some yam. salmon is excellent protein and low fat, jacket tater is complex carb, kindey beans really good anti-oxi and yam has an enzyme which breaks down protein for better use by your body
  • Bath - epson salts and cider vinegar. then beddy byes.
Hows that sound?

Hi Kron,

What weights do you use these days? do you still use the smaller ones? for arm work or do you tend to use heavy ones throughout.

I've got a 5kg, 7.5kg and getting an 8kg for xmas.

I was wondering whether to get a 6kg for arm work, or persevere with the 7.5kg.

MartinD you would prob know, but i'm scared of building muscle if i go too high on my arms.
xxx

Ok building big bulky muscle - hypertrophy. Exercise with weights generally falls into the following-

• Strength - low reps (1-6) with a very heavy weight. Build tight bundles of muscle fibre, but not bulk
  • Hypertrophy - mid range reps (8-12) with weights at 70-80% of your 1RM. 1RM is your maximum you can lift once. Muscles likely to bulk.
  • Fitness - high reps 15+, burns calories, but less likely to build bulk
While all these have some impact noted under the other headings unless your lifting a pretty heavy weight, overloading protein and giving your muscle group 48hr recovery you are less likely to build muscle bulk. Aslo your genetic make up, gender and hormones probably mean you wont end up looking like Arnie or Sylvestor.

I focus on the big muscle groups with bigger weights and only at the end of a session work small muscles like bicep and tricep. For kettle workouts I use the same weight throughout as I do non-stop sessions. But nothing wrong with adapting and having a few weights - remember if its too easy try bottom up versions before moving up with bigger weight

Biggy WOW that body is so beach ready, you can see such a difference, really well done! Seeing how your getting on, I truly think that if you want to, you will get in that dress, the changes in your mid section and thighs are do noticeable. No one would believe those photos are of the same person x
Did Mr B get the tape measure out, or was he a bit distracted ;)

Last edited:
Susie hope you feel better soon. The hip thrust is used a few times so you may need to complete a different move in it's place. The hip thrust is working both upper and lower abs, so I would suggest numbers 4 or 11 of my kb ab moves in my album to give a similar workout.

Suespain you will have a good fitness level if your burning up to 500 cals per session so you will cope with a 5kg. Hmm will have an impact on your suitcase, hope you don't need to take any clothes back with you lol Do you have any sport shops nearby who could get one for you?

Susie hope you feel better soon. The hip thrust is used a few times so you may need to complete a different move in it's place. The hip thrust is working both upper and lower abs, so I would suggest numbers 4 or 11 of my kb ab moves in my album to give a similar workout.

Suespain you will have a good fitness level if your burning up to 500 cals per session so you will cope with a 5kg. Hmm will have an impact on your suitcase, hope you don't need to take any clothes back with you lol Do you have any sport shops nearby who could get one for you?

put the bells in your carry on!:8855:

Hey Biggy - your photos are fab! The difference is so noticeable. Hope Mr Biggy is impressed! :)

Hi Maggie, muscles love protein. The shakes and bars can work out to be high syns so check that out. Chicken, fish, dairy, eggs, etc are all great sources of protein. Google protein foods and see what you find that will be easy for an after workout protein boost. Just ensure you have a well rounded diet for best health

Thank you, will do :D.

Kron said:

Thanks Kron I will try it once more and then re-adjust.
It was so annoying as I was really enjoying it and managed to do the move I couldn't do last week where you pass the bell in a figure of eight under your legs.

Hi there

Muscles recovery is really important. However I don't buy protein bars I prefer proper grub. So....Ed Burke book (Inside the Cyclist and Optimal Muscle Recovery) and my experience are the source of my suggestions below -

• hydrate - drink water, avoid caffeine/booze. dont drink too much too quickly
  • a quick post exercise meal of rice cake, peanut butter and mashed banana is ideal
  • glutamine - not a bad supplement for post workout recovery, my step son uses it; it aids recovery. Forget lucozade type drinks or adding salt - pointless empty calories. Your body needs potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium - so have leafy green veg, yoghurts, banana etc..,
  • self myofascial relief/massage - use foam roller or pilates balls, if your not sure what to do let me know but really aids recovery and feels good
  • Yogic breathing - any relaxtion to reduce the cortisol in your body will do but breathing slow and easy is regarded as effective. cortisol can impact fat prouction and slow muscle recovery
  • ice bath - seriously if you can take it these work. 6-10 mins only. Ok guess this wont happen but its effective!
  • Complex carbs (high GI), protein and anti oxidents. Try some salmon with jacket potato, kidney beans and some yam. salmon is excellent protein and low fat, jacket tater is complex carb, kindey beans really good anti-oxi and yam has an enzyme which breaks down protein for better use by your body
  • Bath - epson salts and cider vinegar. then beddy byes.
Hows that sound?

Thank you so much, that's some amazing advice :D. I need as much help as I can get as I will squeezing in some P90X as well. Don't know about the ice bath though :eek:! Thanks for the post exercise snack advice as I would have no clue as to what to eat.

Last edited:
Argh! I ache soooo much! Can barely walk downstairs and upstairs is a slog!

But!

Can't wait to go back! It's obviously worked muscles that needed work!

Shirleen lol Good to hear you can feel those muscles, hope they forgive you soon :) Make sure you do some stretches after as this will help elongate those worked muscles and reduce the stiffness

Biggy just had another look at the photos and you have added your side views which look fab :) Stomach pulled right in, and great posture, your definitely a leaner version from when you started

Back