Secret to shaping up

well, i've ordered my kettleworx dvd set so now i just have to wait for it to arrive!

thanks again for all the advice, i'll be back once my kettleworx arrives. in the meantime i'll keep reading - it is very motivating to read all your posts and see how people are getting healthier (and a lot smaller!)

Martin, wouldnt want to have to do his washing after that shrimp move, must be covered in grass stains lol

Ceres hope your dvds comes soon :) then you can start shrinking with the rest of us swingers

Biggy...........WOW!!!!!!!!

Photos are amazing, great results....your back and sides look really toned. Front ones are also great and your abs are looking fab :) Really inspiring and you have worked so hard so should be very proud of yourself :) What will you do now that round 2 is done?

Biggy...........WOW!!!!!!!!

Photos are amazing, great results....your back and sides look really toned. Front ones are also great and your abs are looking fab :) Really inspiring and you have worked so hard so should be very proud of yourself :) What will you do now that round 2 is done?

Thanks, Chickadee. I will start on Round 3, I think, using my 10kg as much as possible. Maybe I am being tight but I guess between spending £40 approx on the kettleworx and almost £50 on my three bells (5kg, 7.5kg and new 10kg), I want to get my money's worth, plus I do believe kettleworx is a good system for me, it pushes me, it's manageable time-wise and there's variety.
So another round of MrCheesey for me and then after that, we'll see, I might invest in a new work-out or just make my own, with help from everyone on here and youtube.

I have a week's hols now and so far have just been relaxing and resting (much needed) but later on today I am going to sit down and write down some exercise goals for the week.
Obviously kettleworx Week 1 will be on the list but I also have a Jillian Michaels dvd (Six weeks to a Six Pack) that I have never done (30 Day shred was bad enough, I did that a few months back). I might make it my aim to do my new Jillian dvd three times this week, just to challenge myself. As the title is "Six Weeks to a Six Pack" I know I won't have results after just three plays but knowing Jillian, I will have to work hard.

I can't believe how much I am enjoying exercise (or at least that feeling i get when i finish and get in the shower!). I never used to do any exercise whatsoever and was always convinced that results came from dieting only.

If I'm 100% honest though, now that I've embraced exercise, I seem to be less disciplined regarding my diet - I used to be a saint when I put my mind to it. If I can get my head in the zone and get both exercise and diet right, I am sure I could achieve so much. Before, I always felt that there was a missing link, I used to blame it on my genes. Now I have given up smoking and taken up exercise, I feel empowered and that feels great.
Still totally heart this thread. I actually used to be a minimins addict but now I hardly look at other threads; just my subscribed ones of which this is my number one. Maybe I don't look at the other threads because they're about food optimising and I'm not doing enough of that!
x

Biggy good luck with Gillian, from what I have heard she is a meanie lol
I hope you can stick with your food plan, exercise will give (and has) great results, but diet is the key to weight loss. I see your close to your target, so not many more lbs to go, and you dont want a layer of fat hiding that beautiful muscle definition and leaness you have acheived so far.
The bells will pay for themselves. i have just realised i have been swinging for just over a year! and have no desire to stop, even if its just a few minutes play on the weekend, and love how class pushes me so my investment with dvds and bells continues to be paying dividends.
Hope you enjoy your time off work and feel rested x

Biggy - Think I'll progress to round 3 with a 10kg bell too when I finally finish round 2!! As you say, might as well get our moneys worth :) I started 30 day shred but got bored of it very quickly. I can't believe I have now been doing Kettleworx for 10 weeks and still feel enthusiastic about it...completely unheard of for me!!! I think it was about week 4 of round 1 that I needed the bigger bell so hoping I'll be able to introduce the 10kg bell soon :)

Congrats again on your results :)

Kron - Enjoyed swinging first thing :) Ju7st don;t have the time during the week though but nice to do it at the weekend :)

I had a Halloween party last night so feeling very sluggish today, will have a good workout cleaning ,my flat which is a riot!!! Hoping to fit week 4 core in later :)

Morning All - Wk6 Cardio completed. Sweated like a very sweaty thing. Still at least I have an extra hour today to laze about feeling virtuous for having got my session out of the way early on :)

Looking forward to Core on Tuesday now. Another 2lb loss for me this week as well so pleased with that. Only 4 more measly pounds and I'll be in the 12 stone bracket so this will deffo happen before Christmas now. I love having my little mini goals to keep me motivated. :)

Catch you all later. xx

Kron said:
Mama whooping butt! Your fitness level sounds really good. Stick with your 6, it will happen, you won't have any use for a lighter bell, you will be needing heavier at the rate your going. Your doing great :)

Thanks kron (and biggy too) am carp at loggin in but i appreciate the responses and will take ur advice an not bother getting a lighter weight just for the punches.

Have had a setback. My first week was going well but I did the catchers/ sumo squat thingy (crouch down low and raise calfs) on Wednesday and, by thursday, couldn't move my ankle properly!
Felt very deflated as this is only my first week doing this on my own. Makes me realise how careful I have to be now that I don't have my trainer there to protect my joints. Grrr... I hate injuries. They make me sad.

Sigh...am hoping to be well enough to start again tomorrow but we'll see.

Question; do I do the third workout i missed last week (core), or start the week again with cardio???

Can feel the fat sticking to my ribs. The only thing saving me at the moment s my airfryer!!!

I NEED exercise!!

Last edited:
Shirleen said:
That's great!
What were your first round? I'm on 3G or I'd do a search!

10" loss! Flippin eck.... That's brilliant. Well done you!!!!

Last edited:
Hi Chick hope you have got home back in order, and had some energy left to do week 4 core, a nice and gentle one :)

Sue great to hear another 2lb gone :) your nearly done to, is core the last, or still got resistance as well. Looking forward to result time x

Mama bad news about your ankle, I hope its better soon. When your ready just carry on with where you left off, unless you want to do cardio again :) Keep safe!
Is that your gorgeous little one in your avatar? I never noticed before

Thanks kron (and biggy too) am carp at loggin in but i appreciate the responses and will take ur advice an not bother getting a lighter weight just for the punches.

Have had a setback. My first week was going well but I did the catchers/ sumo squat thingy (crouch down low and raise calfs) on Wednesday and, by thursday, couldn't move my ankle properly!
Felt very deflated as this is only my first week doing this on my own. Makes me realise how careful I have to be now that I don't have my trainer there to protect my joints. Grrr... I hate injuries. They make me sad.

Sigh...am hoping to be well enough to start again tomorrow but we'll see.

Question; do I do the third workout i missed last week (core), or start the week again with cardio???

Can feel the fat sticking to my ribs. The only thing saving me at the moment s my airfryer!!!

I NEED exercise!!

Ice ice baby. Get ice on your ankle, they tend to swell up easily. My magic gel pack for my knee is often put into icing ankles, elbows etc.., glad I got one with a pump so I can compress too

You could try swapping baseball catchers with seated calf raise, single leg or full calf raise for the time being?

I can't believe I'm asking this as at the moment just moving is agony, but how long will it be until I can exercise again and will I need to avoid the swings?

biggysmalls said:
Thanks, Chickadee. I will start on Round 3, I think, using my 10kg as much as possible. Maybe I am being tight but I guess between spending £40 approx on the kettleworx and almost £50 on my three bells (5kg, 7.5kg and new 10kg), I want to get my money's worth, plus I do believe kettleworx is a good system for me, it pushes me, it's manageable time-wise and there's variety.
So another round of MrCheesey for me and then after that, we'll see, I might invest in a new work-out or just make my own, with help from everyone on here and youtube.

I have a week's hols now and so far have just been relaxing and resting (much needed) but later on today I am going to sit down and write down some exercise goals for the week.
Obviously kettleworx Week 1 will be on the list but I also have a Jillian Michaels dvd (Six weeks to a Six Pack) that I have never done (30 Day shred was bad enough, I did that a few months back). I might make it my aim to do my new Jillian dvd three times this week, just to challenge myself. As the title is "Six Weeks to a Six Pack" I know I won't have results after just three plays but knowing Jillian, I will have to work hard.

I can't believe how much I am enjoying exercise (or at least that feeling i get when i finish and get in the shower!). I never used to do any exercise whatsoever and was always convinced that results came from dieting only.

If I'm 100% honest though, now that I've embraced exercise, I seem to be less disciplined regarding my diet - I used to be a saint when I put my mind to it. If I can get my head in the zone and get both exercise and diet right, I am sure I could achieve so much. Before, I always felt that there was a missing link, I used to blame it on my genes. Now I have given up smoking and taken up exercise, I feel empowered and that feels great.
Still totally heart this thread. I actually used to be a minimins addict but now I hardly look at other threads; just my subscribed ones of which this is my number one. Maybe I don't look at the other threads because they're about food optimising and I'm not doing enough of that!
x

Pictures? Pictures?
Can I see, mon petit pois??? X

biggysmalls said:

x

Pictures? Pictures?
Can I see mon petit pois?

Last edited:
Biggys pictures are in her album- you need to be a friend to view them :)

I notice Jillian Michaels has been slagged all over the interweb for her kettlebell technique (or lack thereof)

Back