Secret to shaping up

Morning All - wk3 Advanced Core done. One of my favourite sessions. Its challenging but each set starts with the Disco Side Bends and then you're down on the mat for everything else, so you're not getting up and down constantly! :D

Failed on Rainbows with the 10kg but the 7.5kg saw me through. Bendy planks remain out of bounds with my broken toe but a normal plank is fine. So pleased I have enough knowledge now to be able to find good substitutes if I need to.

Have ordered both the Kettlercise DVD sets for women (the new one remains on offer until Thursday) for just under £38. Hopefully they will come today or tomorrow. Once this round of KW is finished I think I might give them a go to see if there's any new moves I can learn.

Catch you all later. :)

Just done week 1 cardio feel a little bad after I did not do as many reps as they did. My back is a lot better :D but lack of sleep just 5 hours at the moment and my thyroid playing up. If I look at it that way I did very well:D Missed the mountain climbers out need to get some trainers sorted. The phone rang 4 times that did not help :eek:

Now I can go and spent some time in the garden need to sort the greenhouse out:cool:

Cat Lover Sue said:
Wow! Hope you left negative feedback. :eek:

I'm working up to it - I hate leaving neg but in this case def warranted!

Kettleworx core wk1 done today - yowza! Had to modify some and was *not* expecting that number of sets! "why are we doing the plank again? AGAIN?! what? noooooo!" (husband did it with me)

I feel ok at the mo but expecting to feel it tomorrow!

Have done week one Resistance I did find it hard had a little rest half way but I got there in the end. I could not do the plank at all and did not do as many reps as I should of done. The floor work I did find hard but I do have a very painful lower back at the moment so hoping the floor work will get better with time.

Hi Joanne - if you stick with it, you will definitely reap benefits for your back. I have suffered for years from a chronic back pain, so much so that it would wake me at night (when turning), I wasn't able to bend over to pick anything up (because I'd struggle to stand up again) and I wasn't able to stand up for long periods either.

Just a few sessions in I could feel my general core area getting stronger and by the end of the six week programme my back is much improved.

I wasn't able to do all the reps, or keep up the pace (and gave the mountain climbers a miss the first time round too). So keep at it and you'll not regret it :)

Hello all. Round 2 core today and I'm glad I started round 2 off on Sunday. Had a difficult day at work, and had I not started then I might have persuaded myself to delay it further. But having started, I'm committed to sticking to the programme. I'm also itching to work through the kettlercise dvds.

Plumfoodie - you only get 3 sets in Core. It took me by surprise when I first started as well. When I say surprise it was more :eek:, followed by :cry:!

Just completed another kb workout. Took quite a few breaks and worked at a slower pace but I can see that my left arm has become *so* much stronger!!

Cat Lover Sue said:
Plumfoodie - you only get 3 sets in Core. It took me by surprise when I first started as well. When I say surprise it was more :eek:, followed by :cry:!

Sounds about right!!

plum x

Hi all :)
I love catching up on here, had a good chuckle reading some of the posts :)

I got a quick freestyle in last night, Mr K had kindly warmed up left overs before I got a chance to get a full workout in so might have another short freestyle later :)

Martin your training is coming along, like the variety of moves to keep it interesting and challenging

Biggy how exciting your new dress is coming soon, can't wait to see the photos :) hope all the wedding side of things is coming together, seemed like ages away, but creeping up fast now!

Joanne when I first started I couldn't do planks at all, and collapsed all the way through so your not alone :) as Sue says in a few weeks you will see an improvement. Make sure you protect your back. Always bend at the hips with back dead straight, tipping your pelvis up can help, and if your back hurts doing something stop and check form. Kbs can help lower back issues

Plum sorry to hear about your bell, I agree leave negative feedback! Great to hear you got the handle fixed :) haha cores 3 sets still catches me out when I do it Did hubby do the whole workout or just those dreaded planks (do them from your knees and work up) I love planks now lol and week 1 cardio is the worst one of the whole lot!

Mrsp13 welcome I hope you get to enjoy swinging as much as the rest of us :) it can be a bit tough to start but I am sure you will like the results. Great to hear your oh is joining in, good luck and hope your delivery comes soon

Curvesncurls hope it works out :) on to week 3 one nearly half way!

Sue I am sure you will enjoy Kettlercise, there will be some new moves and new names altho disco sidebends is my fav instead of windmills lol

Suseka good for you getting on with it altho you didn't feel like it! That determination is going to pay off

Amyz great to hear your noticing differences already, shows how quick the bells can work :)

Suespain hope you found core better than cardio, and your aches will start to ease :)

Happy swinging xx

Looks like good news - sold house! yay. bad news is so much crap to sort no training.... still short term stuff

thinking of getting a single 20kg weight next...

Hi, FINALLY ordered some decent kettlebells from the kettlebell seminar link on this site. Got a 4kg and an 8kg. The 4kg is challenging, can't even begin to imagine using the 8kg!

Been to the gym today so I just watched the intro dvd for kettleworx, ready to give day 1 a go. Now, which dvd should i start with? Any suggestions?

They are nice kettle bells from there.. My OH had not seen my 8kg, and wasn't really listening when I talk "at him" showed it to him last night.. He was worried I would hurt myself.. Kept saying its really heavy!! LoL and I should go back to using the 4kg...

Hi, FINALLY ordered some decent kettlebells from the kettlebell seminar link on this site. Got a 4kg and an 8kg. The 4kg is challenging, can't even begin to imagine using the 8kg!

Been to the gym today so I just watched the intro dvd for kettleworx, ready to give day 1 a go. Now, which dvd should i start with? Any suggestions?

Glad you got your bells sorted out. Wk1 Cardio is generally accepted to be the worst session so don't let that put you off. Resistance is a good one as its a kind of half way house between Cardio and Core. Core has 3 sets by the way and the others just 2 - still work out at 20 mins in total. Whatever you decide, good luck - and don't worry if you can't do everything. And remember the pause button is your friend! :D

They are nice kettle bells from there.. My OH had not seen my 8kg, and wasn't really listening when I talk "at him" showed it to him last night.. He was worried I would hurt myself.. Kept saying its really heavy!! LoL and I should go back to using the 4kg...

Oh bless him. At least he cares, even if he doesn't listen! :D

Going to kettlercise class tonight.. Taking my 8 kg and will use the 6 for any I can't do with the 8kg.. Feeling positive about my exercise and really enjoying it and seeing the results.. My jacket is now not as tight over my stomach area and my muffin top is reduced :) apart from every thing else!!

Hi everyone I'm still unable to exercise due to some damage I've done to my hand. I have arthritis which I keep under control with fortnightly injections but 2 weeks ago I lifted my husbands dumbbells and a few days later had tremendous pain at the base of my thumb and finger joint next to it.
I was in tears tonight trying to peel some potatoes for dinner. :(
I'm thinking I might need to see the doctor for a cortisone injection but I hate them as they muck my periods up.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Susie that sounds awful hope you get some relief from it soon xx

Hope it gets sorted out soon Susie x

Back