Secret to shaping up

Morning All - just completed a very sweaty Round 2, Wk4 Advanced Cardio session. Had to have the window wide open and its blowing a gale here. Even that didn't help. My heart is just about settling back down again! (Although not helped by a sudden crash from upstairs where I can only assume Mr Sue has just dropped a bell - I did shout up - he is fine - the clumsy sod! :eek:)!

Feel a slight fraud about the size 14 work trousers. They are a stretchy heavy jersey material :), however I am comfortably wearing size 16 jeans now and I know it won't be long before I can do 14s - I have a pair ready to go, as well as my size 16 new look skinnies! :)

I also got a new anorak yesterday (we in the Highlands rock the Goretex look by the way :D). Size 16 zipped straight up no messing. If it wasn't for my boobies I could have got away with a 14. Still its such a fab feeling to be able to walk into a shop and know that something will fit!

Celebrated yesterday with a pack of Maltesers mini easter bunnies - nom nom nom :)

Have a great day everybody. I will be inspecting my bells later for any dents. I suspect it will be my fault for leaving them all sweaty! :D

Oh Sue, can you recommend an anorak? I'm off for a walking/crafting holiday to Wales with my friend in May and will need a waterproof. I just really don't want to spend £££ on it as I may only wear it for a little while. Any help gratefully received.

Oh Sue, can you recommend an anorak? I'm off for a walking/crafting holiday to Wales with my friend in May and will need a waterproof. I just really don't want to spend £££ on it as I may only wear it for a little while. Any help gratefully received.

Hi Shirleen - the Regatta range is very good and has everything from a basic pac-a-mac type thing right up to a 3 in 1 fleece, duck down type combo! Prices are good value.

Can you get to Go Outdoors in Southampton (Millbrook Road)? They have a fab range - that's where I get mine from in Inverness and the prices are excellent. It costs £5 to sign up for an annual discount card but the discounts are amazing. The one I got yesterday was £44.99 and should have been double that. Its completely waterproof and isn't bulky. The soft shell ones are nice as well, ok in a light shower but not so good for peeing it down. The one I got was a Regatta Olympiana Womens Jacket in black.

They also have the basic Regatta fleeces on offer at the mo for £6.99 in lots of different colours. The style is Sweetheart. Excellent wash and wear and ideal for cooler weather.

Hope this all helps. Not long to your hols! :)

Hi Shirleen - the Regatta range is very good and has everything from a basic pac-a-mac type thing right up to a 3 in 1 fleece, duck down type combo! Prices are good value.

Can you get to Go Outdoors in Southampton (Millbrook Road)? They have a fab range - that's where I get mine from in Inverness and the prices are excellent. It costs £5 to sign up for an annual discount card but the discounts are amazing. The one I got yesterday was £44.99 and should have been double that. Its completely waterproof and isn't bulky. The soft shell ones are nice as well, ok in a light shower but not so good for peeing it down. The one I got was a Regatta Olympiana Womens Jacket in black.

They also have the basic Regatta fleeces on offer at the mo for £6.99 in lots of different colours. The style is Sweetheart. Excellent wash and wear and ideal for cooler weather.

Hope this all helps. Not long to your hols! :)

How funny I just looked online, There's a proclimate Jacket in a mens size XXL which will probably fit (i'm a big size 22).

I would definately go and have a look. There's a huge selection so you should be able to get something. :)

Back to it tomorrow night, nice dose of food poisoning put paid to week 3.

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good at all. Hope you are feeling a bit better?

New start: wk 1 core done. Good morning all :)

60 min kettlercise class done this morning and Zumba tonight :)

60 min kettlercise class done this morning and Zumba tonight :)

You mad woman! :D How are you finding your weight loss since you've been going mad on the exercise?

I tend to have STS then a big drop.. As long as I have stuck to my eating plan ;) and drink enough water.. Altho 1st week I have been eating less carbs.. But inches keep coming off :) so happy.. Have had 3 days off swinging this weekend as my shoulder was feeling a bit clicky - dislocated/ broke when I was 11 - fell off my pony lol

Phew, back to normal at last- no more pain! been to the gym this morning and it was great to get back to exercising again. Hadn't done anything since Thurs and felt really sluggish and lazy. Will attempt Wk 1 resistance tomorrow, just hope it doesn't floor me again!

CatLoverSue, well done on those trousers, it's a great feeling, isn't it?

Plum hope your feeling ok and your swing hasnt affected you too much. Mr Ks form can be quite shocking lol he is getting better, and so far he has had no injuries!

Thanks Kron. :) I got away with it this time, lucky for me. :) I think my husband kind of throws himself into it with more enthusiasm than form, lol, I just worry as he's a very skinny runner type and so not a lot of muscles there to protect him from straining something if he does it wrong (if that makes sense). Glad to hear Mr K has not had any injuries. I had a peek at both your before/after shots in the other thread and you are both hugely inspirational, I must say!

Felt good today (I try to do Mon/Thurs if I'm feeling well; three times a week is too much for me at the moment) so did the first set of kettleworx week 1 cardio with some plum-appropriate modifications. It's kind of not 'cardio' the way I did it, as getting too puffed or my heartrate too high does not agree with me, but I'm still feeling good and like I worked my muscles well. :character00116:

The thing I find wonderful about kettlebells is that you still get benefits even if you cannot do everything they do on-screen, and because you work so many muscles at once you get a lot of benefit even if you don't have the stamina to exercise for very long at a time. And with the different size bells you can switch up or down to fit the amount of 'oomph' you have that day.

For those who have done kettleworx all the way through, are there any 'strength' exercises that only crop up in cardio and not resistance or core? Apart from things like mountain climbers I mean, as these are obviously to get your cardiovascular system pumping. The reason I ask is that I am considering sticking with core and resistance for my hoped-for two workouts per week (and leaving mr plum to do cardio as his third one per week) - I can do these with fewer 'pause' breaks and they do not get me so puffed/heart rate so high, which is what I need to be careful of. When I modified the 'cardio' routine today I was still a bit too puffed etc. But I don't want to miss out any strengthening exercises that might appear in cardio only or become lopsided or something. :)

(and thank you everyone for being so welcoming even though I can only dream of the weights you all are using! :) )

Mis-behave said:
I tend to have STS then a big drop.. As long as I have stuck to my eating plan ;) and drink enough water.. Altho 1st week I have been eating less carbs.. But inches keep coming off :) so happy.. Have had 3 days off swinging this weekend as my shoulder was feeling a bit clicky - dislocated/ broke when I was 11 - fell off my pony lol

doc called to say.. Sorry but your shoulder may need an operation as your old shoulder injury looks really bad and you need to be careful with it!! Bah!! Hum bug!! It doesn't hurt just aches... Dislocated and broke when I was 11 fall off a pony :) doc said is close to dislocating again :(

Mis-behave said:
doc called to say.. Sorry but your shoulder may need an operation as your old shoulder injury looks really bad and you need to be careful with it!! Bah!! Hum bug!! It doesn't hurt just aches... Dislocated and broke when I was 11 fall off a pony :) doc said is close to dislocating again :(

:( did they say whether physio or something might help? Hope they will get you sorted out soon!

Hi Plumfoodie - I'm wracking my brains about Cardio but I'm pretty certain there's nothing in there you would be missing out on by not doing the Cardio DVD apart from the running round the bell, hopping over it, jumping jacks and mountain climbers. And I think sometimes these can pop up in Resistance as well. See how you go. Anything is better than nothing so whatever you can manage will be a bonus. :)

Oh crap. :( That's not good news. So does the doc recommend not doing any swinging at all for the time being?

Your weight loss sounds a bit like me. I can have a couple of weeks of STS then a couple of 1lb losses and then, wham, a 3lb loss! But like you I am happy whether I'm losing weight or inches.

Well she wasn't keen.. But I said I would do the exercises with less weight etc.. My choice really.. Think it been like this for a while and I just need to be careful my appt is on the 29th march .. Will see if there are any cancellations.. Maybe get an earlier appt :)

Hi Plumfoodie - I'm wracking my brains about Cardio but I'm pretty certain there's nothing in there you would be missing out on by not doing the Cardio DVD apart from the running round the bell, hopping over it, jumping jacks and mountain climbers. And I think sometimes these can pop up in Resistance as well. See how you go. Anything is better than nothing so whatever you can manage will be a bonus. :)

Thank you Sue! Anything with the words running, hopping, jumping and climbing is something I will avoid! So it sounds like I'll be safe to stick with core and resistance without too much worry (and keep an eye out for those bits in resistance! yikes!).

plum :)

Back