Secret to shaping up

Well she wasn't keen.. But I said I would do the exercises with less weight etc.. My choice really.. Think it been like this for a while and I just need to be careful my appt is on the 29th march .. Will see if there are any cancellations.. Maybe get an earlier appt :)

I wonder if a neoprene shoulder support or similar would help keep your shoulder stable while you're doing the exercises with lower weights? I got some wrist wraps and they have stopped me getting pains in my dodgy wrists - they don't keep them completely immobile but just support and help me not over-bend them.

Plumfoodie said:
I wonder if a neoprene shoulder support or similar would help keep your shoulder stable while you're doing the exercises with lower weights? I got some wrist wraps and they have stopped me getting pains in my dodgy wrists - they don't keep them completely immobile but just support and help me not over-bend them.

I was wondering the same thing.. Should I get a shoulder support thingy.. I have a physio appt on an unrelated issue so may just ask about my shoulder too.. You know falling apart need help?? Lol

I was wondering the same thing.. Should I get a shoulder support thingy.. I have a physio appt on an unrelated issue so may just ask about my shoulder too.. You know falling apart need help?? Lol

LOL - never hurts to ask, is my motto! :D

My wrist is slowly getting better and I'm not having to wear a support all the time, in fact today I haven't worn it once so good sign. I've been on my cross trainer and was able to use the upper arms without too much pain. I'm hoping that next week I can start swinging again but will go with the baby bell to start off with.

Kron it was the actual weights, they were something like 12 - 15kgs on them and I was too lazy to take some of them off so I did two sets of bicep curls and felt great until a day or so later.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi All :)

Just completed 12 min body blast by Lauren brooks followed by a bonus core session on Katami Combos, so just a quick workout :)

Sue did you find a damaged bell, oh I bet that made a thump lol

curvesncurls sounds awful hope your ok now and dont push too much as you could still be needing a bit of recovery time x altho the beckoning call of skinny jeans is too hard to resist lol

trimlee dreaded core out of the way lol, hope it wasnt too much of a struggle after your break

Misbehave where do you get your energy from! Bad news about your shoulder, sounds like it should have been seen to when it happened, but I can see that the bells could aggravate a shoulder injury so take it easy if you carry on and see what your physiotherapist thinks, they may be able to offer suggestion

Splodgergill great to hear the aches have subsided, it can take a few sessions before they are just a dull I have worked them ache, but each session it will ease :)

Plum great to know you didnt overdo it.i would echo Sue in that you can get away with doing cardio, there may be a few different moves but the aim of that session is cardio fat burn which gets the heart rate going. I found resistance could be quite demanding as well, so slow it down if your starting to breathe heavy. Sounds like a good plan to get Mr P to do cardio, i wish I had thought of that lol

Happy swinging x

Hi All

Its taken a little more than a week (was very achey after doing Cardio wk 1 so have been a bit wary since). Did Resistance wk1 yesterday, not aching today (hooray!). Really enjoying the swinging - hoping wk 2 cardio will be a bit kinder to me than wk 1!

suespain said:
Hi All

Its taken a little more than a week (was very achey after doing Cardio wk 1 so have been a bit wary since). Did Resistance wk1 yesterday, not aching today (hooray!). Really enjoying the swinging - hoping wk 2 cardio will be a bit kinder to me than wk 1!

Hi ya, I find taking it down a notch or two helps, it's the squats and swings that bite me so I only do a third of what they say as im a hefty girl and my bodyweight means I work harder!
Hope you escaped DOMS today xxxx

Morning Swingers. Well Wk4 Advanced Core was as bad as I remembered from Round 1 but got through it ok. The last exercise for each set was a bendy plank and on the 3rd set I was face down on the mat for quite a while at the end. Just managed to extend my right arm to hit the pause button for the cool down! :)

Substituted the side butt elevators (which still see me flailing around on my side like some kind of hybrid mermaid / beached whale) for a selection of different ab moves - scissor kicks (horizontal and vertical), the one where you hold your legs together and lift them either side of the bell and my very own invention where you adopt a core rower type stance and then lean back as far as you can go with your legs up and just hold yourself very still in place. The abs scream! All good fun but pretty punishing on the middle section.

Back to work tomorrow (boo) so today will be spent sorting out stuff I should have done last week whilst I was off! :)

Kron - no dent in my 10kg but a big scuff on the thin coating. Will be having words with Mr S when he gets home!

Mis-behave - Mr S has bad knees from rugby so wears a neoprene support. He's tried it with and without and says with it on makes a world of difference. Might be worth a go if you can find a suitable one for your shoulder? :)

Haha Cat I did that last night for my planks, collapsed on my face half way through and just lay there cursing Ryan under my breath.

Wk nearly done, going to do resistance tonight and then wk1 round 2 is complete!

Poor Ryan gets some abuse. This morning he says the karate chop (picking a pineapple from the tree!!) one is his all-time favourite exercise. Is it now, I say to him - or words to that effect - a few "f"s made it in! :)

Bloody pineapples - 'i'll tell you where you can put those pin..' haha oh dear!

I had to do mermaid tails last night.. killed me!

Back on the kettlebells wagon...

Well I love kettlebells, but they have just gone by the wayside in recent times. So last week I decided to get serious about swinging again, as I know it works. I bought myself a fitbit so I am upping my walking etc, but wanted some more serious calorie burning and toning, so Im back to KB's!! I tend to do the kettlercise or kettleworx, and I have been doing it every other day, and already can see and feel such a difference. Im walking taller, I feel stronger and thinner, I just love them, why did I ever stop??!!:eek:

Afternoon all,
Wk1 resistance done here today. Did cardio at the gym, then came home and swung- job done! I think that's going to be the way forward for me, tack it onto my gym sessions so I get rest days in between.

The only thing I skipped was those baseball catcher squats, where you spuat down and lift you heels off the floor- I'm just not flexible enough to do that one! managed the plank no bother at all, so very pleased about that.

just hope the DOMS stays away!

Just done week 2 cardio - does this get any easier?! I'm surprised I didn't huff the house down! (had to pause a few times, but was determined to finish it)

Splodgergill said:
Afternoon all,
Wk1 resistance done here today. Did cardio at the gym, then came home and swung- job done! I think that's going to be the way forward for me, tack it onto my gym sessions so I get rest days in between.

That's what I did last week but this week I had hardly any energy. Any tips?

I'm ordering Kettleworx tomorrow with my birthday money! Got to buy a new DVD player too, I'm going to be tacking it onto a gym Sesh at least once a week. I'm a bit excited!!!

Shirleen said:
I'm ordering Kettleworx tomorrow with my birthday money! Got to buy a new DVD player too, I'm going to be tacking it onto a gym Sesh at least once a week. I'm a bit excited!!!

Yay shirleen its been a long time coming for you. You will have the added advantage of having used kb before, something that I have noticed makes doing kw much easier, esp wk1 cardio.

Hope it arrives soon!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back