Secret to shaping up

There is a groupon deal today, ultra 5 with 6lb bell for £39. Ordered! Looking forward to joining you. I did kettlenetics for a while but got very bored

Hi with kettleworx do you work upper body then lower body, like with kettlercise?? Thanks

I have searched all over the Internet for 5kg cast iron kettlebells but only find PVC iron or vinyl.
Please help and point me in the right direction!

Try Googling kettlebell seminars, that's a good site with a wide range of cast iron kettlebells.

Amyz, hope your confidence increases soon. We've got about the same amount to lose, I just stick my ipod on and ignore everyone around me! Then again I go to the gym in the morning after the school run and I'm usually one of the youngest there, so not surrounded by young slim gorgeous gym bunnies!

Week 1 core today, so thats week 1 done and dusted. Really enjoying the dvds and i'm finding it easy to fit in straight after the gym.

Hi with kettleworx do you work upper body then lower body, like with kettlercise?? Thanks

Hiya - you have a mix so one minute you are on the floor and next you're back up again and then back down on the floor! It breaks it up a bit and also gives you a quick breather whilst you are getting into the next position. Gets on my tits sometimes but you can just do a quick pause and then start again as soon as you are in the general position. :)

Hiya - you have a mix so one minute you are on the floor and next you're back up again and then back down on the floor! It breaks it up a bit and also gives you a quick breather whilst you are getting into the next position. Gets on my tits sometimes but you can just do a quick pause and then start again as soon as you are in the general position. :)

Have to admit I have found myself thinking 'why the blinking heck couldn't we have done these floor exercises right after those other floor exercises?' especially if I've rushed to get up after something that had uneven reps so I was late finishing (those arm fly things) and then find myself flopping back down again. I really need to keep the pause button a bit closer to me! Maybe getting up and down a lot will make me look great in those new skinny jeans? :rolleyes:

Plumfoodie, i was just going to post about the uneven reps on the kettleworx dvds. How does everyone deal with that? I find it really odd that he does 3 on one side and then about 8 on another, why not keep it simple and do the same on each side? It's the one thing i find really annoying about it- aside from the skinny jeans comments!

having 2 whole days off now before i start again on monday.

Hi Splodge - you get to know about the uneven ones so you just adjust the starting sides accordingly in the next set. Its a bit annoying but you do get used to it.

I actually look forward to the skinny jeans references now as it makes me laugh. Bless Ryan. :)

I agree, if I remember that the reps are uneven I adjust the starting side so I can do the same on both sides in the allotted time, but if not I just pause it to do the required extra on the second side and try to remember for set 2. I do think that if they were going to reuse the segments they should have made sure they were 'right' but that's the professional nitpicker in me coming out. ;)

Ryan makes me laugh with the skinny jeans thing too; my husband is completely fixated on the bits where he talks (repeatedly) on getting progress.

plum :)

Edit: Sue, I just re-read your reply properly and understood what you meant! That's a lot easier than what I've been doing, LOL. I'm going to try that next time! :D

Morning :)
I have had a busy week, out every evening so not had much time to post. Great to see everyone swinging, and yes when you start it does feel like hard work, but take my word for it, you will start seeing strength improve in a short space of time :)

I completed my show and tell at group, and it went really well, looks like there will be few more new swingers ;)

I will be completing a full workout today, but may not get much swinging done next week due to * :( but will see how it goes

Hope all our new belles have taken their measurements so you can track progress, it is really inpsiring to see those inches melting away, remember its only 6 hours worth of workout over the 6 weeks kw programme, and not forgetting the grooves you start to notice in your arms after a few weeks :)

happy swinging x

I've completed week 1 but only got round to taking my measurements yesterday! Wonder what they'll be by week 6???

I do like Ryan, he's geeky but funny!

Well I done a further 20mins kettlercise last night and today i can barely walk funny its my legs/knees that are suffering most!

Rest day today as know i won't be able tonight and back to it 2moro :)

Omg, I haven't done measurements but just put my jeans on and had to go down a notch on my belt! If kb is that effective I'm definitely sticking with it! :)
This thread is so inspiring.

Morning all and a Happy Mothers day too!

Up early this morning and sun is shining - got my daughter coming up soon as she is cooking the Roast!

I'm off to attempt the 50min swinging session from DVD in a min :eek: Followed by a shower and dippy eggs I reckon!

Morning all :)

I completed Lauren Brooks full body workout yesterday, i can tell I am a little under the weather as I struggled through some parts, but made it lol

With kw uneven reps esp on the half get ups, for me I managed 6 each side in the alloted time, I know others have done one side in the first set, and the other in the second if thats helpful. It is one of the down sides, but if you can overlook and modify this, and keep working through you become more tolerant when you start getting the results :) Remember Ryan is canadian so we have to make allowances lol

Trash a bit concerned that your knees are suffering, you may want to check form as you could be putting a lot of strain on your joints. It is hard but it should be your thigh muscles that are moving you on any bent leg moves, if you can imagine your knee as being a loose hinge which wont hold any strain, and squeeze your thighs to lift and lower your body - they will ache, but you will get good results :) Good luck with your full workout, it may be challenging, but well worth it

mary how great is it to go down a notch in your belt :) I swear the bells are the most effective for body shape changing, cost me a fortune in clothes as I shrunk quite quickly over a few months of swinging!

Sparkledpixie great to hear from you again, doesnt sound like the kettlenetics was worth it?

I may not be online much next week, a few things to do, and the meds I need to take wipe me out, but will be thinking of you all, and hope to be able to keep an eye on the posts

Happy swinging xx
Happy Mothers day, hope the children are well behaved for a change lol

Morning All - Happy Mothers Day. My cats got me fish and chips last night and a lovely card. They are so good to their long-suffering Mummy! :) Unfortunately the over indulgence gave me *ahem* tummy troubles in the early hours and kept me awake for some time.

Delayed doing Wk5 Advanced Cardio this morning but just finished it now and had to swap down the weights a few times to get it done. Sweat is pouring off me but glad its done and out of the way now. Will definately take it easy for the rest of the day.

Kron - hope you have some energy next week and don't feel too grotty. At least you are such a shining light of fitness that taking it easy for a bit won't be the end of the world. I'm sure Mr Kron will be running around after you. :)

Catch you all later when I'm feeling slightly more human. :)

Afternoon all :) hope all the mums of various generations are enjoying the day.

Started round 2 week 3 off with cardio this morning - felt pretty good, except for the gunslingers :eek: had to modify to more of a bicep curl type move for the 2nd set.

I've been wondering whether to do some high intensity interval training on my treadmill on the 'rest' days - as I feel like I ought to be doing something in between. I've done a bit of web research on the best form of fitness training, and HIIT has some pretty good press. I like the idea that this form of training can be short over a short period of time and you get a good fat 'afterburn'.

Afternoon all :) hope all the mums of various generations are enjoying the day.

Started round 2 week 3 off with cardio this morning - felt pretty good, except for the gunslingers :eek: had to modify to more of a bicep curl type move for the 2nd set.

I've been wondering whether to do some high intensity interval training on my treadmill on the 'rest' days - as I feel like I ought to be doing something in between. I've done a bit of web research on the best form of fitness training, and HIIT has some pretty good press. I like the idea that this form of training can be short over a short period of time and you get a good fat 'afterburn'.

I've been doing HITT for about a year and it gives you pretty impressive workouts for the short period of time.

If you have a search about you should be able to get a hold of the 10, 15 and 20 minute HITT MP3 sessions that will keep your time right :)

Week 1 done, week 2 half way through. My holiday is inspiring me - 36 days today! On a nice note, I was trying on my shorts from my last holiday and thanks to SW/Kettlebells.. I put them on and just as quick, they fell back off :D

Woop! Hope everyone have a fantastic week :)

Morning all,

No gym today as i have a doctors appt later, so just time to swing when i'm back from the school run, week 2 cardio for me. Hope it doesn't floor me like week 1 cardio did!

Gorgeous sunny day here, always good for inspiring me to stay on track and shift those pounds. I haven't told you guys yet, but my motivation is I want to get sterilised and the surgeon wants to see 10kg weight loss in order to do it. He didn't say it in a nasty way, just explained that it makes the op easier and there's less chance of having to have 'proper' surgery (it's keyhole if all goes well) if i've lost some weight. So some lose weight to have babies, I've had my 2 gorgeous boys so I'm losing the weight so i don't have any more!

have a fab day, everyone xx

Morning, lovely and sunny :) enjoyed my kettlercise class, used 2kg on my poorly shoulder side.. (no over head work) and 4kg on my left.. Did swings with a Kbell in each hand lol felt good afterwards :)

Zumba tonight too :)

Back