Secret to shaping up

I definately found Jillian's shred harder - too much on the floor then standing up! I must admit I enjoy kettleworx more because its different routines. Got fed up of doing the same routine everyday

Hi everyone.

I've just invested in the complete Kettleworx set and started it today (cardio week 1). It nearly finished me off!! Please tell me it gets easier :)

xx

I agree with SueSpain. I much prefer the variety you get with kettleworx, I did get bored with shred, specially when I was struggling to do the workout in the first place. To then have to do that same workout over and over, no wonder I dropped it.

Donzy, hope your kids are feeling better.

Week 3 cardio here today. managed to use my 6kg for a lot of it too, well chuffed. I did skip a couple of bits on the second set as I was pushed for time. Didn't do the jumping jacks and I can never do the baseball catchers anyway! Did gunslingers for the first time and I enjoyed those, really feeling it in my arms now!

Hi everyone.

I've just invested in the complete Kettleworx set and started it today (cardio week 1). It nearly finished me off!! Please tell me it gets easier :)

xx

Hi Croc. Firstly well done on getting started. :) And yes, it really does get easier. Cardio Wk1 is pretty challenging and most people start off with this one. I do wonder how many folk just never try another session!

The rest of the Cardio workouts aren't as bad as Wk1 and you'll find the Wk1 sessions of Core (3 sets for Core so don't panic) and Resistance are a breeze by comparison.

Good Luck!

Croc said:
Hi everyone.

xx

Hi Croc. :) week 1 cardio is renowned for being the worst of the lot, so at least you've got it out of the way now. :D Resistance and core won't seem so bad! And remember, there's no shame in pausing, modifying or dropping to a lower weight if it helps get you through. :)

After reading some of this tread (not got time for all 317pages!) and seeing the kettleworx on the groupon site i took the plunge and got a copy. I done the wk1 cardio on saturday but really struggled with the push ups (not got strong wrist!) but managed the rest ok. do i do core or resistance today? and when do u do the other dvd ie fast fat burn or fast abs?
I took all measurements saturday morning plus picture and weight. When have u started to see results? and r u only doing the kettleworx? I try to jog 3x a week and boxercise once
Since i started jogging and am trying to quit smoking on ecig since september last year with only a few slip ups i have managed to put on about 10lbs :-( i was only 7lb off target thats why i took up more exercise and stopped smoking, so i am hoping that it will help me get back down towards my target.

After reading some of this tread (not got time for all 317pages!) and seeing the kettleworx on the groupon site i took the plunge and got a copy. I done the wk1 cardio on saturday but really struggled with the push ups (not got strong wrist!) but managed the rest ok. do i do core or resistance today? and when do u do the other dvd ie fast fat burn or fast abs?
I took all measurements saturday morning plus picture and weight. When have u started to see results? and r u only doing the kettleworx? I try to jog 3x a week and boxercise once
Since i started jogging and am trying to quit smoking on ecig since september last year with only a few slip ups i have managed to put on about 10lbs :-( i was only 7lb off target thats why i took up more exercise and stopped smoking, so i am hoping that it will help me get back down towards my target.

Hi, and wow! Congrats on stopping smoking, firstly. That takes some real willpower.

Regarding which routine to do next, it's up to you. Core will mostly work your core muscles (your arms and legs a bit, but not nearly so much) so if you arms/legs are still a bit sore you might do that and then resistance the next time. The other two programmes are just there if you fancy doing a bit more one day or something different on a day off.

I've already seen a difference in the shape of my waist (it's more defined at the sides) and I just started week 3. My muscles are also a bit more obvious to feel (if that makes sense), and things like going up stairs are easier. I only do KW (and I only do it twice a week for health reasons).

Remember that with KW you will tone your lean muscle tissue, so might not see a dip on the scales right away. That's why it's great that you took your measurements as often they go down first. However, all that lean muscle tissue will help burn fat in the long run and get you where you want to be. :)

Afternoon all - cant believe how hot it is for March :eek:

I'm just in from work and have prepared tea for later and going to go catch some rays in the garden for hour or so and plan to do 20min kettlercise session later on this evening when it will have cooled somewhat!

I purchased a 6kg bell at the weekend as they were on offer in Argos - my dd wants to join me in swinging (that sounds so wrong) lol so she is going to have my 4kg one and I'm gonna give the 6kg a go....have to say it feels so much heavier than the 4 though will just have to see how I get on with it!

Wow, Tracey, 6kg! I got a kettlebell book recently and it says that the 'perceived weight' or 'real feel' of kettlebells is less when they are in a swinging motion than when you're doing something like a press because of the momentum. So you might find at least at first that you find the 6kg easier for swings than for other things. The example they give is that the 'real feel' of a 15 lb bell in motion is only 5 or 6 lb! Which makes sense but I hadn't thought about before.

You'll have to let us know how you find the 6kg. :)

Woohoo, I have biceps! Have done alternating kb with 30ds for a couple of weeks and am starting to see the results :). Interesting to hear about the perceived weight when in motion, maybe i'll start using different weights for different exercises.

Just popped on to catch up with where everyone is with their 'swinging' lately. I'm well into round 2 now and still enjoying it, but looking forward to moving onto a new routine (have kettlercise in waiting).

Work is a right pig at the moment, and family woes are keeping me occupied - so spending time with the bells is a welcome relief :)

I'm still losing weight, albeit slowly - but sticking with my vlcd plan until end May. I'll still have some shakes etc left over by then, but I am going to swop over to a low carb plan.

I've also done a right crazy thing and bought myself a road bike over the weekend :eek: this is so I can join my OH on his trails and also use it to commute to work (once I'm more confident on the road and a little fitter).

So 2012 is definitely my year for getting fit and it's about time too :D

Woohoo, I have biceps! Have done alternating kb with 30ds for a couple of weeks and am starting to see the results :).

It's exciting when that happens and you can see your efforts paying off, isn't it? Mr plum laughs at me (in a nice way) when I flex my biceps and admire them. :cool: I would probably laugh too if I were him! :D

I'm well into round 2 now and still enjoying it, but looking forward to moving onto a new routine (have kettlercise in waiting).

Work is a right pig at the moment, and family woes are keeping me occupied - so spending time with the bells is a welcome relief :)

Sounds like you've got a great plan and doing well at sticking to it. :) Hope family stuff will be less woeful for you soon; it's good that you've got such a healthy way to de-stress as the bells and new bike!

Thanks so much for the replies Cat Lover Sue and Plumfoodie. You've really reassured me and I'm so excited about the next KW workouts now & glad to be part of the 'Swinging gang' (haha) ;)

xx

Hi all another newbie here I brought my 1st kettlebell last week and have done a few exercises I had a copy of the kettleworx fast burn but really over done it couldnt walk for 2 days :cry:

I have tried looking back but its a long thread so really sorry if this has been asked and answered before
1 I dont have the money to buy any dvds for a while well mid may and my birthday has anyone seen results buy using youtube and doing their own workouts and if so has anyone got some sample workouts to get me going.

2 Although I dont really like any part of my body I really dont like my stomach area what are the best moves to target this area?

Thanks for any help

Thanks so much for the replies Cat Lover Sue and Plumfoodie. You've really reassured me and I'm so excited about the next KW workouts now & glad to be part of the 'Swinging gang' (haha) ;)

xx

You're very welcome hon, post back and let us know how you're getting on. :) (nice to see another Featured Feline avatar btw :D )

Hi all another newbie here I brought my 1st kettlebell last week and have done a few exercises I had a copy of the kettleworx fast burn but really over done it couldnt walk for 2 days :cry:

I have tried looking back but its a long thread so really sorry if this has been asked and answered before
1 I dont have the money to buy any dvds for a while well mid may and my birthday has anyone seen results buy using youtube and doing their own workouts and if so has anyone got some sample workouts to get me going.

2 Although I dont really like any part of my body I really dont like my stomach area what are the best moves to target this area?

Thanks for any help

Hi Clare and welcome. :) Haven't tried them myself but there are some links to online workouts in the stickies here:

http://www.minimins.com/kettlebells/262428-links-online-workouts.html

You could also try your library for kettlebells for dummies or body sculpting with kettlebells?

Pretty much all the kettlebell exercises engage the core muscles. :D This will help tighten up around your waist and since you'll probably also be losing fat at the same time should see things improve.

Some of the exercises that keep coming up in my core workouts are things like front plank, turkish half getups, waist twists, side bends, and variations on the crunch. Seated figure 8s are also a killer, I discovered today. If I've got the names right then youtube/google should give you techniques for these. :) But rest assured that even when you're not specifically targetting it your core will be working most of the time. :)

Last edited:
Morning All - Core done this morning. Had to open the window wide at the start of the third set as I was steaming the windows up! Phew its scorchio here already (bear in mind its normally still snow here at this time of year! :D).

I luuurrrve my biceps and am always in front of the mirror flexing away. A good one is whilst you're drying your hair! :) Its such a novelty for me, as are my collarbones. I thought I must have some but could never find them!

I'm in a quandry as to what to do on Sunday as I finish my KW Advanced Round 2 on Thursday - Mr S will have his tape measure out first thing Saturday morning for me :eek:, and I don't know whether to just go straight on with a third round of this or perhaps have another round of the standard set. I am missing some of the moves you get in that but don't get in the Advanced. Thinking this way it would mix it up a bit. Plus we will be on our hols around the 3rd week in so if I do this one then we only need to take one set of DVDs with us along with the bells (we are going to a cottage so can swing away in an attempt to offset the higher amount of nosh eaten). Yep, think I've just convinced myself that is what I'll do.

Hope everyone is ok and not melting too much in this lovely weather. x

Back