Secret to shaping up

Hi Croc, sorry to hear you're struggling. Like the others have said, stick a food dairy in the SW food diaries board, maybe title it to ask for opinions/advice? Then hopefully fellow SWers will take a look and have some helpful advice.

Well, all my good work got scuppered yesterday. Met up with friends in the afternoon to go on a nice long walk with the kids and dogs. Then as the kids got hungry someone suggested a nearby pub with play area. Lets just say wine was had, when I'm meant to be abstaining. Kids had a great time tho.

Ah well, new day today. Feeling a nice stretch in my legs from yesterday, porridge and bananas for breakfast to set me up for the day. Going to do the housework workout this morning, lol. Then tonight I have burlesque class, can't wait. Aim of the week is to get lots of water down me, I don't drink enough.

Have a swinging day, everyone.

Burlesque class, eh Splodge. You'll be swinging when you should be twirling and vice versa :D.

Well that's wk2 done and dusted with Resistance. Phew. Duffed my knee big stylee with the bell whilst doing the squat figure 8s, and broke my nail. Bummer. :(

Also you know you're in dire need of a holiday when ... you get the paperwork out ready for Saturday and realise that in fact the changeover day for the cottage is Sunday. Could have been worse I suppose, we could have turned up and ruined someone's last day of their hols!! Mr Sue looked a cross between raging, pity and utter bewilderment at his wife's stupidity! Ooops. :whoopass:

Croc said:
Thank you so much for your reply daisybell, it's lovely and has made me realise even people who don't 'know me' and are not at my group even care! :)

I think a food diary for say a week or so would actually be a good idea- fresh eyes looking over it might uncover something.

Where would you suggest I post it?

xx

My pleasure. We all need a bit of help from time to time. As Splodgergill suggests I would start the diary in slimming world food diaries. Perhaps head it up " help needed to get out of a rut" or need to kick start my weight loss again. We can then make sure that the right people head in your direction. Good luck. I will look out for you.

Hiya All

Well finally got a car a beautiful red VW Beetle ;o) I'm well chuffed with it and it goes like a bomb!

Sadly not had time for swinging since Tuesday night :mad:

Had my WI this morning and I've put on a pound but it is Time of the month (does funny things with me and water retention) so my aim is to work extra hard with KWorx this weekend :) That will be inbetween me cruising in my bug :)

Hi all,

I did KW week 3 Core today (Thursday) with my new 10lb kettleworx bell. :) I can really feel the difference going from the 5lb to 10lb. Just resistance to do on Saturday, then wk 3 is complete. I'm really loving it!!

xx

Phew, week 4 core just done- my fave session yet, loved it! However, those side butt lifts? Forget it! No way could I do those, so I abandoned the bell and just lifted my body off the floor using both hands to support myself. Oddly i also found hip pump and crunches a lot easier and *shhh* quite enjoyable :confused::D

Also noticed a difference at the gym. On the treadmill i can get up to around 10-12% gradient before i have to hold on to the bar for balance. I'm taking this as a sign that my core strength is improving so i can hold my balance better at increased gradients- cool!

Well, that's me done for the weekend. Off to take my eldest out for lunch and then the fair's in town so we'll take the kids there tonight for a treat.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

My target is preferably 9 stone. I'm only 5ft 2" so 9 stone would be a nice healthy weight. Have been 9 stone before but it was 10 years ago in my early 20's! I know I can be there again. :)

I just want to see some movement on the scales again.

xx

Croc, I know it's really frustrating being on a plateau. :( Because you've started with the kettlebells I'm just wondering if you have checked to see that you are actually eating enough to fuel them? I know SW does not count calories but would you find it useful to total up your calories for only one or two days, figure out how many you should be aiming for, and see whether these two figures are broadly speaking meeting up? If you're doing a lot of exercise and not eating enough this can have just as bad an effect on losses as eating too much. You could then carry on with SW (and not counting) with more of an assurance that you're fuelling your exercise suitably. Good luck with whatever you try; persevere and the pesky scales will move again. :)

I've just brought sone kettlebells will be starting today, no dvd so using youtube. Any suggestions?

If you are doing kettlebells to aid weight loss what diet you following and what are your losses like? x x

Hi and welcome. :) If you look in the stickies there is one with links to youtube videos. :)

I'm personally doing low GI/south beach diet. My losses are not what many would consider speedy but I have ME and can't do so much exercise so am happy enough with them. :)

Hello my fellow swingers - finished KW round 2 this morning and am gearing up to start Kettlercise on Sunday. I don't intend to follow the suggested workout schedules, but will start with the 50 minute session on Sunday and then add two 20 mins and a couple of the 8 min ones in during the week, with just one rest day on Saturday - then I'll do the same again for a couple of weeks until I can build up to two 50 minute sessions.

I also plan on sticking with alternating days doing a 20 min HIIT treadmill workout - at the moment I'm only managing a 1 minute at 6.0 speed sprint, followed by 2 minutes at 4.0 fast walk (then repeat). But that'll do for now.

Have a good weekend all :)

Trash said:
Hiya All

Well finally got a car a beautiful red VW Beetle ;o) I'm well chuffed with it and it goes like a bomb!

Sadly not had time for swinging since Tuesday night :mad:

Had my WI this morning and I've put on a pound but it is Time of the month (does funny things with me and water retention) so my aim is to work extra hard with KWorx this weekend :) That will be inbetween me cruising in my bug :)

I past a Shinny red VW beetle on my way home today.. End of reg EPU ..

I was on the way home from lincs going down A1 past Peterborough :)

Hi Everyone - gonna be off-line for the next week as off on hols tomorrow. Mr Sue trying to talk me out of taking my bells with me saying I need to take a break and reward myself with a lazy week. He may be right but what surprises me is the fact that I'm even contemplating doing anything remotely connected with exercise whilst on hols (well except a bit of rumpy-pumpy obviously :D)! What a difference a year makes.

Hope everyone has a good week. Looking forward to catching up next Sunday.

xxx

Cat Lover Sue said:
Hi Everyone - gonna be off-line for the next week as off on hols tomorrow. Mr Sue trying to talk me out of taking my bells with me saying I need to take a break and reward myself with a lazy week. He may be right but what surprises me is the fact that I'm even contemplating doing anything remotely connected with exercise whilst on hols (well except a bit of rumpy-pumpy obviously :D)! What a difference a year makes.

xxx

LOL Sue, enjoy your hols (sounds like you plan to)! :D

New Rules of Lifting for Women says a rest week every so often is a good thing! Helps the muscles in some way I can't recall right now. :)

hey everyone, do you mind if I join? I'm new to kettlebells and would appreciate some tips and advice :) I have a 7.5kg bell which I find fine but will probably get a smaller one to do arm exercises with as some of them I struggle with the 7.5kg. Can anyone reccommend a good workout or DVD I could use because all I'm doing at the moment are dead lifts, lunges and swings really - just the basic stuff. I'm no good at windmills, I have no idea what I'm doing...! lol I've had a look at a blog called myomytv.com which gave some helpful hints but nothing thats grabbed me yet.

Any tips?

xxx

spudsnipes said:
hey everyone, do you mind if I join? I'm new to kettlebells and would appreciate some tips and advice :) I have a 7.5kg bell which I find fine but will probably get a smaller one to do arm exercises with as some of them I struggle with the 7.5kg. Can anyone reccommend a good workout or DVD I could use because all I'm doing at the moment are dead lifts, lunges and swings really - just the basic stuff. I'm no good at windmills, I have no idea what I'm doing...! lol I've had a look at a blog called myomytv.com which gave some helpful hints but nothing thats grabbed me yet.

Any tips?

xxx

Hi Spudsnipe, I too am fairly new to kettlebells. Started nearly three weeks ago with a 4kg weight. I could hardly move after the first session I did due to DOMS ( delayed onset muscle soreness if you're not familiar with the term) I take my hat off to you for a 7.5kg bell! To begin with my butt wouldn't even leave the ground for the hip extension press! A beached whale comes to mind!!

I use the Kettlercise "Just for Women"DVDs but be warned the earlier version which I bought on Amazon has the warm up on DVD1 only which is a nuisance to start with. I can't compare this one with others but really like the fact it has 8, 20 and 50 min workouts.

I am loving this form of exercise and I was the ultimate couch potato before I started to lose weight.

Best if luck and let us know which DVD you choose and how you get on.

Morning all sun is shining here :) the plan this morning is to have my breakie and put a load of washing on line then get down to the business of completing week 2 with Resistance! Hope its not too bad as haven't done any swinging since Thursday :eek:

Have a fab holiday, Sue!

Trash I had almost a weeks break from swinging last week and it was fine. I did find I ached a bit more than usual but that was it, I'm sure you'll be OK.

Kids back to school tomorrow, so back to normality- hurrah!

Have a fab holiday, Sue!

Trash I had almost a weeks break from swinging last week and it was fine. I did find I ached a bit more than usual but that was it, I'm sure you'll be OK.

Kids back to school tomorrow, so back to normality- hurrah!
Ahhh all done and dusted and wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be .......is it just me that cant do the baseball squats, my knees won't take it so i do swings instead everytime! Don't like the one legged dips either!

xxx

Sorry Su meant to say previously have a fabby holiday hun and don't over do the sexercising :p
x

Trash said:
Ahhh all done and dusted and wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be .......is it just me that cant do the baseball squats, my knees won't take it so i do swings instead everytime! Don't like the one legged dips either!

Sorry Su meant to say previously have a fabby holiday hun and don't over do the sexercising :p
x

Well done Trash. I will be doing my session later this afternoon.. Assume you are doing kettleworx? I might invest in the DVDs for a change a bit later. Like the idea of focusing on core, cardio and resistance.

Back