Secret to shaping up

Congrats Sue on your fabby weight loss :patback: you must be so pleased :)

Ok I started KWorx Saturday and have done WK 1 Core and Cardio :eek: blimming eck there's alot of getting up and down and hardly any time inbetween to catch your breath :eek: but i did it all be it I didn't complete a couple of the moves didn't want to over do it and be walking about in agony for next few days!

Going to complete week 1 reistance 2moro then i will deffo be on track to complete the 6 wk's before my holiday in May ;)

Plumfoodie. Well done. I am one week in and managed the full minute for each move of the 20min kettlercise this morning. Progress for me.

Cheers Trash! Much appreciated. xx

Resistance week 2 done. Think u must be run down, don't remember finding it so difficult to complete any of the previous times.

Core on Wednesday next!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hey guys, would you recommend the Kettlercise Just For Women DVD? I'm having to make do with internet work out for now!

Hi there, I started with the Kettlercise for women and enjoy it - the only gripe i have had and others is the warm up and cool down is only on DVD one but i do my own warm up and cool down when i'm using dvd 2 ;)

I've just started to do the Kettleworx dvd's but will still be using the kettlercise for women in between times as I like the variety of workouts on them :)

Thanks for that. I think I'll get the kettlercise one first (mainly as it's cheaper!) and see how I get on! I'm looking forward to seeing results!:D

Kimmirara said:
Hey guys, would you recommend the Kettlercise Just For Women DVD? I'm having to make do with internet work out for now!

I agree with Trash that the "just for women" is great. I haven't used any other DVDs but like the fact you can choose a 50, 20 or 8 min workout. Someone told me that the latest version of their DVD has the warm up on both DVDs. I bought mine recently so not sure how you tell. Maybe someone else on here can help you.

Would love to hear how you get on as I am a newbie to kettlebells. I love it although the first few days I ached like nobody's business. It does get better I promise.

I agree with Trash that the "just for women" is great. I haven't used any other DVDs but like the fact you can choose a 50, 20 or 8 min workout. Someone told me that the latest version of their DVD has the warm up on both DVDs. I bought mine recently so not sure how you tell. Maybe someone else on here can help you.

Would love to hear how you get on as I am a newbie to kettlebells. I love it although the first few days I ached like nobody's business. It does get better I promise.

Hi Daisy

I think its the Volume 2 Kettlercise for women that has the warm up / cool down on both dvd's - think they learnt from their mistakes with volume 1 :eek:

Morning all!

Am back after my weekend away and have been catching up on this thread, sounds like everyone's doing well. I am soooo ready to get back into gymming and swinging. Specially after seeing my SIL has dropped a dress size simply by getting rid of her car and walking everywhere and looks fab! I'm also on serious countdown now to my next consultant appointment and he wanted to see a decent weightloss which ummmm, doesn't appear to have happened yet.

So tonight is weigh in and today i will be meal planning. I only managed wk4 cardio so I'm going to pick up where i left off tomorrow and do wk4 resistance and core. If i get chance this morning I might try and repeat cardio. but basically these next few weeks for me are all going to be about eating clean, loads of water, no (ok hardly any!) booze and getting my weighloss 'turbocharged' as Ryan would say!

Morning Swingers - Wk2 Core done all with my 10kg. Phew. Loved it though. It's great to meet some "old friend exercises". The rolling kick thing is great and I'd forgotton all about it. Just subsituted the Half Get Up (or Turkish Get up depending on what programme you follow) with a combination of catapault sit-ups and windshield wipers. Not a chance I could do the HGU with a 10kg!

Right off to run some errands when I've recovered with my mug of tea. Hoping the rain holds off so I can walk down the town and back. :) Happy Swinging Everyone. xx

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning Swingers - Wk2 Core done all with my 10kg. Phew. Loved it though. It's great to meet some "old friend exercises". The rolling kick thing is great and I'd forgotton all about it. Just subsituted the Half Get Up (or Turkish Get up depending on what programme you follow) with a combination of catapault sit-ups and windshield wipers. Not a chance I could do the HGU with a 10kg!

Right off to run some errands when I've recovered with my mug of tea. Hoping the rain holds off so I can walk down the town and back. :) Happy Swinging Everyone. xx

The mind boggles with some of those terms! Which programs do you use? And wow, 10kg. That is serious stuff! My little 4 kg is feeling somewhat inadequate now!

The mind boggles with some of those terms! Which programs do you use? And wow, 10kg. That is serious stuff! My little 4 kg is feeling somewhat inadequate now!

:) Yep, I have no idea where they get the names from! I use Kettleworx. I do have Kettlercise but have only done the 8 min ab programme so far. Was a bit unimpressed that I was the only one out of the ladies that did all the exercises using the bell. No wonder I was sweating afterwards. I looked up and they had theirs by their sides! Pfft. Lightweights!!

I don't always use my 10kg but where I can I do. My 7.5kg still sees plenty of use and I use my 5kg every now and again. It all depends on the move and if its one or two handed. I have also been doing it for quite some time now. When I first started out I was using a 3kg, so it just goes to show how quickly improvements can be made.

Cat Lover Sue said:
:) Yep, I have no idea where they get the names from! I use Kettleworx. I do have Kettlercise but have only done the 8 min ab programme so far. Was a bit unimpressed that I was the only one out of the ladies that did all the exercises using the bell. No wonder I was sweating afterwards. I looked up and they had theirs by their sides! Pfft. Lightweights!!

I don't always use my 10kg but where I can I do. My 7.5kg still sees plenty of use and I use my 5kg every now and again. It all depends on the move and if its one or two handed. I have also been doing it for quite some time now. When I first started out I was using a 3kg, so it just goes to show how quickly improvements can be made.

It's reassuring to know that I will get better at it. My aim at the moment is to be able to stay the course and do the full minute of each exercise. Have actually managed to get my hips off the ground for the hip extension and press. No mean feat! I will have to have a look at the kettleworx DVD for some variety.

Oh my godd just finished CARDIO wk 2 :eek: and i was a ball of sweat - never even done the cool down as i was in too much of a hurry to get downstairs to the water and get in shower lol Crikey there's a lot of running and jumping about in that one.............and those figure 8 thingys :confused: can anyone actually manage to do all those?? think i mananged 4 ha ha!

Off to devour my tea now think i kind of earned it tonight :)

Oh my godd just finished CARDIO wk 2 :eek: and i was a ball of sweat - never even done the cool down as i was in too much of a hurry to get downstairs to the water and get in shower lol Crikey there's a lot of running and jumping about in that one.............and those figure 8 thingys :confused: can anyone actually manage to do all those?? think i mananged 4 ha ha!

Off to devour my tea now think i kind of earned it tonight :)

I have to use my 5kg for the seated figure 8s, simply because I can't get my legs lifted up enough to fit a larger bell underneath! I learnt the hard way with multiple bruises :cry:

Glad you're enjoying Kettleworx. Well, I say enjoying ... :D

I have to use my 5kg for the seated figure 8s, simply because I can't get my legs lifted up enough to fit a larger bell underneath! I learnt the hard way with multiple bruises :cry:

Glad you're enjoying Kettleworx. Well, I say enjoying ... :D

LOL thats just it Sue ....I am enjoying it :confused: never before have i enjoyed any form of exercise, i've seen it as a chore and begrudged every second of time spent doing it...but Kettlebells is different as its only 20mins and seems to do so much more in such a short span of time :D

LOL thats just it Sue ....I am enjoying it :confused: never before have i enjoyed any form of exercise, i've seen it as a chore and begrudged every second of time spent doing it...but Kettlebells is different as its only 20mins and seems to do so much more in such a short span of time :D

I know. Mad isn't it?! I loate exercise but am addicted to the bells!

Back