Secret to shaping up

Good luck, I'm potty training my 2 1/2 year old too, but we are just going straight to the big loo.. Hes been sitting on it for mths with no action .. But last week we had lift off, finally pee'ed on the loo last week and this week has done a poo a couple of times.. But he is more like a yo yo on and off the loo.

Ok got on the scales this morn and I've put on a pound again :confused: getting seriously hacked off with this keep losing then gaining!

Someone advised that because i'm working out maybe i should be having protein shakes? Anyone else tried these? I'm doing Weight Watchers / Calorie counting and have only gone over once this week. MInd you I have ate my exercise points as this is what they advise!

SO maybe try not eating my exercise points this week and see how I fare?

Going to be doing Week for Core tonight am quite looking forward to it usually like Core the best :)

BTW anyone got a nice Cod recipe maybe baked that i can have with some brown rice and veggies? Never really cooked much fish dishes before but gonna start giving it a go if i can find some nice recipes!

When I don't eat my exercise cals back I loose better.. I also have the kettlercise L8-lean burn choc protein drink - is nice I sometimes have it after a evening workout or for breakfast if I'm in a rush and have class that morning :)

I usually have plain whey protein after a kettebell sesh; I either mix it into yoghurt with vanilla (blend the powder with a tsp or two of water until smooth first or you'll have lumps, yuck) and sweetener or blend it up with some milk, banana and cinnamon plus sweetener. My muscles seem to recover more quickly and be less sore when I do this! The couple of times I've missed it I have certainly known about it!

I make this with cod and really like it (scallions are spring onions in American ;) ): South Beach Diet Recipes - Orangy Roughy in Scallion and Ginger Sauce

Also like to poach it in a Greek style sauce made of tinned tomatoes, onions/garlic, olives/capers and herbs.

Hi - I'm on WW and have never eaten my activity points, which I'm sure has helped move the scales down a wee bit quicker. I also don't have any of the protein shakes or anything like that. I did watch a programme about everyday foods which in fact are brilliant for you on the BBC not long back. They did a test with some sports blokies about drinking milk or drinking a sports drink after their game. It turned out the milk was much better at muscle repair and general hydration. So perhaps have a glass of milk afterwards rather than spending money on protein shakes?

As for a Cod recipie. I just bake a plain cod steak in foil with a drizzle of garlic infused olive oil, a sprinkle of mixed herbs and some pepper. I serve it on a bed of spinach and have a massive salad with it. Mmmmmn very tasty.

Hi guys!

I was hoping to do week 3 Kettleworx this week but I've been in a stinker of a mood and haven't been able to motivate myself.

Fingers crossed for tonight though

Xx

Can't remember who it was that said week 4 resistance has loads of new moves, it sure does doesn't it!!! Anybody else find disco side bends (aka windmills) a bit awkward? I had to drop down to the lighter bell as my upper hand was wanting to wave around all over the place!

Plumfoodie said:
Can't remember who it was that said week 4 resistance has loads of new moves, it sure does doesn't it!!! Anybody else find disco side bends (aka windmills) a bit awkward? I had to drop down to the lighter bell as my upper hand was wanting to wave around all over the place!

I think it was me that mentioned wk 4 resistance having lots of new moves!

I also struggle a bit with the disco side bends some days. I'm worried I'll drop the bell on my face one day when I'm looking up at it!! Hahahaha!! :)

xxx

Hey people! I've been in off-wagon land for a couple of months and finally got back on. Reading your posts has inspired me to dust off my kettlebells so I'm back -about 3 - 4kg haeavier (ouch!) but back on track.
I'm on week 3.
I see lots of down-to-earth stories, success, challenges and giggles -all of which i can identify with, so thanks for keeping it posted and keeping it real :)

PS: has anyone heard from Kron? I hope she's ok.

Good morning all, Wk 3 Res done! Was very challenging and I sat down several times but it is done still :D

trimlee said:
Good morning all, Wk 3 Res done! Was very challenging and I sat down several times but it is done still :D

Waiting for the parcel man then I'm doing week 3 res too!

Hi Trim-Lee, good to see you back. No word from Kron and we are concerned. She's had a few PMs but none of us have heard from her. Fingers crossed she is ok.

Morning lovelies

Sun is shining which make me much happier!

I've just done Week 5 cardio :eek::eek: lots of burpees and and running round the kettlebell near killed me!

Had a shower after and was still breathing fast and hard lol

Having amuch deserved coffee and will be having brunch of healthy bacon n mushroom toasted sarnie later :) Going to do some lawn mower moves today I've been trying to do alternating days of these 30 each side to help with the back flab :)

Have a good day all x

Just wondering, does anyone do any other exercise on their non KB days? Or use their KBs more than 3x a week?

I was thinking about doing a bit more, maybe week1 core or something when I fancy doing some extra.

Feeling a bit woozy this morning, went round to friends last night for lots of wine and a curry!

My Kettleworx DVDS have arrived from the UK with my parents. Watched the intro and did the sample workouts this morning. Daren't do a full workout until they have gone as last time I couldn't walk for two days afterwards! Will do first one proper on Tuesday. I do some power walking between sessions and no more - because I am not fit enough not for any other reason.

Hi Splodge - do you have the 10 minutes Fast Fat Burn and Fast Abs Dvds. If so you could do a 10 minute session on your days off. I do nothing on my days off because I am inherently lazy! :D

Whoop whoop Daisy. Bet you're excited to get the finally. Did you do the full workout on the Introduction DVD? If so you have already done Week 1 Core.

Cat Lover Sue said:
Whoop whoop Daisy. Bet you're excited to get the finally. Did you do the full workout on the Introduction DVD? If so you have already done Week 1 Core.

Only did set one as I was short of time. Now wishing I had carried on. Really looking forward to getting started but will stick with 4kg for the six weeks. I can then up the weight for another 6 weeks.

My weight loss has stalled over the past two weeks so I am sticking to the plan 100% but have increased my portions. I listened to an interesting podcast called "Fat to fit" where they advised this strategy to kick start the metabolism again. Will see at WI tomorrow whether it is working.

What do others do?

Morning All - wk5 Cardio done. Always gets the blood pumping this one. Very fast paced.

Daisy - strangely enough I was just reading yesterday some advice for folk who were very near their target and their weight loss had stalled. It suggested a very similar thing. Eat more for the first couple of days after your WI and then mix it up a bit with days totally rigid and then eat a bit more than usual. It really messes with your system and the metabolism kicks in again. Let us know how you get on. :)

My strategy for kick starting my metabolism worked. I lost 3 lbs and have eaten loads. Increased my free and superfood intake significantly and am delighted that I am under 13 stone at last.

Back