Secret to shaping up

Hi all,
A
shamed to say I've kind of fallen off the KB wagon this week. managed Resistance on weds but the other days I've just had so much to do I've not had the time. But I will be back on it on Monday.

How is everyone finding woriking out in the heat? Doing resistance on Weds nearly killed me!

On a more positive note a lady came up to me at the gym yesterday and said 'I hope you don't mind me saying, but you look like you've lost loads of weight, you're doing ever so well' made my day!!!!

Sorry for not posting as much as I used to, but for some reason this site really slows up my laptop, we have rubbish internet speed round here. Once I've been on here it'll probably freeze altogether and I'll have to shut down. But I'm still reading and sending you all my encouragement and support, promise!

Splodgergill said:
Hi all,
A
shamed to say I've kind of fallen off the KB wagon this week. managed Resistance on weds but the other days I've just had so much to do I've not had the time. But I will be back on it on Monday.

How is everyone finding woriking out in the heat? Doing resistance on Weds nearly killed me!

On a more positive note a lady came up to me at the gym yesterday and said 'I hope you don't mind me saying, but you look like you've lost loads of weight, you're doing ever so well' made my day!!!!

Sorry for not posting as much as I used to, but for some reason this site really slows up my laptop, we have rubbish internet speed round here. Once I've been on here it'll probably freeze altogether and I'll have to shut down. But I'm still reading and sending you all my encouragement and support, promise!

The main thing is that you haven't fallen off the slimming wagon and once a week is better than not at all. I have been getting up early and doing KB first thing in the morning. Cooler and sets me up for the day. Isn't it great when someone notices the weight loss? I find it motivates me to do even better.

Did week 4 resistance today and managed every single one of the exercises! A first for me. Even the disco side bends although it took a fair bit of puffing and panting to stick with it. Who would have thought that 20 mins could work up such a sweat.

Got into a size 14 dress yesterday for the first time in at least as many years. Went to the flea market and bought a couple of vintage belt buckles so I am now trying to make a scarf belt to go with it. Would never have shown so much interest in the past.

I LOVE KW and SW!

Morning All

Returned from holidays Friday 4lb's up!!! But this morning I am 6lb's down! Yippeee, had a lovely time and am not ready to get back inot KWorx Week 1 Round 2 wish me luck in this heat lol x

Hi trash did u have a good time? Where did u go? I'm 8lb up still but can't get my head back into dieting!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi trash did u have a good time? Where did u go? I'm 8lb up still but can't get my head back into dieting!!! X

HIya Donzy

I went to CalaDor in Mallorca was lush!

Tis very hard getting back into both diet and exercise after a holiday and in this stiffling heat!! Where did you go ? Great to see you back here :)

I did week four Cardio last night and Oh Boy. I can feel it today in my arms/ shoulders! Feels good to have done it though as was stagnating on the exercise front :)

I did do my diary last night but my computer wouldn't let mt pat due to Malware on the site ,

Hi Trash - well done on your holiday gain (4lbs is nothing) and then your post-holiday loss! Excellent work. :)

Just finished Wk2 Advanced Core and then added a set of Wk2 Advanced Cardio on the end. I was interrupted on Sunday morning when doing them so owed Ryan a set! :D
Knackered now though.

My Father in law is up staying. Bearing in mind he hasn't seen me for about a year. He got out the car. Said "Bl00dy hell" when he saw me and that was it! I'm taking it as a compliment, although I'm not 100% certain it was! Family, eh. :rolleyes:

Right, back on it this week, did week 4 cardio and loved it!

Cat Lover Sue said:
My Father in law is up staying. Bearing in mind he hasn't seen me for about a year. He got out the car. Said "Bl00dy hell" when he saw me and that was it! I'm taking it as a compliment, although I'm not 100% certain it was! Family, eh. :rolleyes:

I have no idea where he is from but I can just hear that said in a broad Yorkshire accent! I am sure it was a compliment and showed he had noticed the change in you.

Love the way you talk about Ryan as a personal friend. I would really miss him if he stopped popping in to check up on me every couple of days! Did week 3 cardio today and felt it in my knees so had to reduce the squats to dips. Other than that managed it all. Am definitely noticing the effects - even OH has asked where my butt is disappearing to!

Have foolishly just sent out a lunch invite to friends for Sunday with a promise of traditional English fare. Toad in the hole? Roast beef? Trifle? Ohhhh what have I done???

Hi all. Thanks for the wishes. Have done no exercise at all for the past 2 weeks and have been pretty much off plan too. Managed to get a drs appointment on Friday and she prescribed me some stronger painkillers. Yesterday was my first pain free day in a while which was great but today it's hurting quite a bit. I was on my way to the gym when hay fever got the best of me so I'm hoping that if the pain eases up i'll do some kb otherwise I will wait until tomorrow. Thanks again for all your tips and suggestions x

I have no idea where he is from but I can just hear that said in a broad Yorkshire accent! I am sure it was a compliment and showed he had noticed the change in you.

Love the way you talk about Ryan as a personal friend. I would really miss him if he stopped popping in to check up on me every couple of days! Did week 3 cardio today and felt it in my knees so had to reduce the squats to dips. Other than that managed it all. Am definitely noticing the effects - even OH has asked where my butt is disappearing to!

Have foolishly just sent out a lunch invite to friends for Sunday with a promise of traditional English fare. Toad in the hole? Roast beef? Trifle? Ohhhh what have I done???

Hi Daisy - Nottingham accent so not far off. Very common! Ha Ha.

Glad you're seeing the difference doing KW. My hubbie was noticing changes in me long before I did. (Make of that what you will)! :D And I would love to meet Ryan one day. Just to give him a hug and say Thank You.

As for Sunday - what time? LOL xx

Hi everyone! You are all doing so great!
I know a lot about kettlebells but unfortunately there are no classes here to get me started. The books I have are a great help but I prefer a dvd I can watch and do at the same time.
So... I know how everyone praises kettleworx and I was thinking about getting it but it's kind of expensive and I can't seem to find it with free delivery from amazon.
So before I go ahead and order it when I get paid, do you really think that it's irreplaceable? Can I maybe substitute it with online videos? I 've seen some, but I need to know if they have correct form. Is it really so worth it? And do you all do only the prescribed 3*20 minutes per week? How fast did it take you to see results?
Thank you so so much for any opinions you give me!

You can definitely do it using online videos. I started off using a different video that was not kettleworx and I saw a difference. There are some threads with links in the kettlebell forum and I'm sure others will post some. Also if you have fitness tv there are occasionally some kettlebell programs that you can watch

athens said:
Hi everyone! You are all doing so great!
I know a lot about kettlebells but unfortunately there are no classes here to get me started. The books I have are a great help but I prefer a dvd I can watch and do at the same time.
So... I know how everyone praises kettleworx and I was thinking about getting it but it's kind of expensive and I can't seem to find it with free delivery from amazon.
So before I go ahead and order it when I get paid, do you really think that it's irreplaceable? Can I maybe substitute it with online videos? I 've seen some, but I need to know if they have correct form. Is it really so worth it? And do you all do only the prescribed 3*20 minutes per week? How fast did it take you to see results?
Thank you so so much for any opinions you give me!

Hi Athens - you mention that you would go to classes to get you started but there aren't any. I am in a smilar situation and I looked at it that as kettlebells could be done at home quite effectively I was saving on the cost of classes or going to a gym.

I initially bought the Kettlercise DVDs as my introduction to KB. This is a great workout and a lot cheaper than KWX. I then treated myself to KWX as a reward for a two stone weight loss. I love them both and have definitely seen results in 8 weeks and yes I only do 3x 20 mins a week.

Why not begin with online clips and see how you get on. I certainly really felt it in my muscles during the first two weeks. Good luck.

I also started with online workouts, they aren't exactly the same but they give you an idea if ur gonna enjoy. There are some links to online ones in the kettlebell thread x

Just done week 4 core, didn't find it that challenging tbh. But I guess core isn't about making you sweat buckets. So while i had some free time I stuck on 10 min fast fat burn. Now THAT made me sweat! only 10 mins but my goodness it was tough! Very impressed with it.

Those 10 minute sessions are challenging! But at least they are only 10 mins.

Just finished Wk2 Advanced with Resistance. Lots of one leg stuff in this. Always good for a comedy stumble! :)

Back