Secret to shaping up

OMG DONZY!!!

I started this in 2011 and still have never completed the 6 weeks. How rubbish of me! I was looking for my DVDs the other day actually to get back into it but can only find the intro DVD :mad: I think I have it saved on to my lap top so will definitely have to dig that out and have a look. In the mean time I'm doing the vicki pattinson DVD but she's no replacement for Mr.Cheese :D

I've also been absent for a while and have begun to realise how big an impact Ryan had on my weight loss. If you are considering kettlebells I can highly recommend the 6 week programme and "Mr cheese" as you call him. I was a total couch potato until I took up KBs and I became addicted. My butt almost disappeared and I used to feel my gluts pulsing at night just lying in bed. It was awesome.

Will be having surgery early May and until then I can't raise my arms above my shoulders or exert myself too much so KBs are out. Or are they???? maybe I could find the exercises that don't involve swinging and revert to the 4kg weight? Will report back on how I get on.

I've always read this thread and did some KB for a while but didn't follow through. I bought the kettleworx 6 week prog a while back and my cousin bought it too. She showed amazing results after the 6 weeks and I STILL didn't start it. However, recently my brother did the prog and lost 1 stone in a month and looks amaaaazinng. I know boys lose quicker but it's given me the motivation I need. I completed week 2 yday and am going to start week 3 tomorrow hopefully. Yayy! Hope I see some noticeable change.

I've always read this thread and did some KB for a while but didn't follow through. I bought the kettleworx 6 week prog a while back and my cousin bought it too. She showed amazing results after the 6 weeks and I STILL didn't start it. However, recently my brother did the prog and lost 1 stone in a month and looks amaaaazinng. I know boys lose quicker but it's given me the motivation I need. I completed week 2 yday and am going to start week 3 tomorrow hopefully. Yayy! Hope I see some noticeable change.
I found that the changes start to show after week 4. You need to put in enough effort for a gentle glow! I used to puff and pant during each session and have to admit that poor Ryan got a fair bit of abuse from me. However, 20mins afterwards I felt amazing. So worth the effort and quite addictive. Stick with it is my advice.

I found that the changes start to show after week 4. You need to put in enough effort for a gentle glow! I used to puff and pant during each session and have to admit that poor Ryan got a fair bit of abuse from me. However, 20mins afterwards I felt amazing. So worth the effort and quite addictive. Stick with it is my advice.

Thanks. yeah I agree, I find it very tough and am panting loads but at the end I feel like "oh, that was ok actually...I could even do another dvd". haha not that I've ever followed it up with another.

I haven't been on this thread for a couple of years. I found it so inspiring and bought a KB and Ryan's dvd set and religiously followed the programme and started to see some amazing results. Life sort of got in the way and I got out of the habit and my two KB's are just statement pieces on the lounge floor and the DVD players is gathering dust :/ Having seen a few of the comments it is making me feel that I want to start up the programme again. I know that I will feel so much better for it and the changes to my body would be most welcome

I haven't been on this thread for a couple of years. I found it so inspiring and bought a KB and Ryan's dvd set and religiously followed the programme and started to see some amazing results. Life sort of got in the way and I got out of the habit and my two KB's are just statement pieces on the lounge floor and the DVD players is gathering dust :/ Having seen a few of the comments it is making me feel that I want to start up the programme again. I know that I will feel so much better for it and the changes to my body would be most welcome
Good for you. Perhaps we could kick some life back into this thread and motivate each other?

I'm in! I got bored with body pump a year ago and stopped doing it altogether. I still do combat three times a week but have gradually put on nearly a stone in that time so I've got the DVDs and will be starting week one tomorrow ?. I've done the odd kettle bell workout in the gym so know the merits of doing it!

I wish I could find my DVDs! Grrr I may have to be norty and see if humbles can find them on a secret site :eek:

Count me in as well. Can't start tonight though as have made plans but will start week 1 core tomorrow :D Be nice to see this thread buzzing again....it used to be a great place

Agreed that we should get this thread lively again!

I'm still here too :) but I'm doing a kettlercise class once a week .. Even while pregnant :) my instructor has qualifications in pre-natal care while exercising .. Or some such thing :)

Week 1 core for me tomorrow then. Probably start off with the 5lb kettle instead of the 10....seeing as how I haven't lifted one for over a year. Will have to remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning and do measurements. I will add these to my signature (yikes!!) and these will hopefully change week by week. Oooh, getting a bit excited. :D

Yay, I found my dvd's :)

Was going to start today but it's meant to be my "rest day" as I'm doing weights at the moment so I think I'll start tomorrow. I'll need to dig my bell out, not sure which weight I'm going to use yet but I am pretty feeble so no doubt the lighter one :)

Quite excited now actually!

I will definitely be using my lighter one, then hopefully after 6 weeks of using that and then switching to the heavier one, I will start to see some real changes.

I forgot that I am going to my daughter's straight from work to spend a few hours with her and usually I would put off start date but not this time. I know me, if I put if off until tomorrow then tomorrow will never come. I will do it when I get home. Ok, it might be late in the evening but its only 20 minutes. Good luck to all of us that are starting out.

Forgot to take measurements this morning but did remember to weigh myself. 161.2 lbs and will get the tape out tonight and record onto my signature :/

About to start week 3 cardio!

Back