SeeLuLu's 8 Week stint

Day 6 done - all on plan! My order from holland & Barrett arrived today so I tried some slim rice with my chilli con carne meal pack. Certainly helped bulk it up a bit! A whole pack for just 14 calories and no carbs! Wow!

Just 50 days to go!

Woop woop im on day six too hehe hw is the rice? Does it taste nyc? Ima contemplatkng on gettin one pack js to try it wat say? Lol im so nervous abt weigh in day thurs ?? xx

Wow - I can't believe I've done a week already. 7 days done! Just 49 to go now.

Very hectic day at work today. I'm definitely liking the soups at lunchtime - they seem quite normal, like cup a soups, which lots of people have at work anyway, so I don't stand out as having 'shakes'. I am relieved not to be answering questions about doing a vlcd if I'm honest as I got quite a bit of stick last time.

Had a lifestyle day today - had some slim noodles, with stir fry veg and two poached eggs on the top. Seriously yummy. Just one more pack today - think it will be a chocolate shake.

Weigh in tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Well done on a full week. Dinner does sound good. Did you flavour your stir fry and noodles with anything?

I put two shakes of gluten free soy sauce on them - no carbs/added sugar, so decided it was worth the risk!

Back of the net. Week 1 - 9lbs.

Second weekend going OK so far. Warm shake at lunchtime which has tided me over until now and I'm wondering about food!

It's Saturday night which in our house means fish and chips! I'm going to have a portion of chicken which is what I did last week. I'll yank all the skin off! Last week I had with some salad/veg but this week I am going to try and make myself some swede chips! Apparently, you chop up the swede into chip shapes, spray with some one cal stuff and bung them in the oven. Can't wait to see what they are like!

I've also bought a pot of soya yoghurt - I debated so long an hard in the shop, the other customers must have thought I was a right loon! For 100g it has 50cals and 2g of carbs. My days so far have all come in at 650 calories. I think I am going to try having a 'pudding' with this tonight. Advice on the S&S website seems to say keep carbs as low as possible and avoid going over 700 calories.

But I'm finding it so hard 'mentally' - I keep asking myself, if I have this yoghurt, does that mean I am 'cheating'? Honestly, this is nuts, isn't it!! Lordy, my carbs are low and I am eating under 700 cals FFS. This hardly amounts to 'cheating'.

It's funny - the diet helps me sort out the physical consequences of overeating but I've clearly still got a lot to do 'in my head' about my relationship with food.

Hi there here to follow :)

ooh chicken *drool* I've only had eggs as protein since I started and I could do with some juicy chicken. Must buy some

well done on your great first week loss, going great guns! Must be nice to have a set 8 weeks in mind. I'm going on hols this summer so need to power through to the end, I have 4 stones left to lose but I think it'll take a little longer than 4 months.

Hi there here to follow :)

ooh chicken *drool* I've only had eggs as protein since I started and I could do with some juicy chicken. Must buy some

well done on your great first week loss, going great guns! Must be nice to have a set 8 weeks in mind. I'm going on hols this summer so need to power through to the end, I have 4 stones left to lose but I think it'll take a little longer than 4 months.

Thanks for stopping by my diary! Looks like you have made a great start too!

You seem to be doing really well, when is weigh day? x

You seem to be doing really well, when is weigh day? x

It's Thursday. I feel like it's going OK, so far. I am definitely more able to focus because I have set myself a time limit, I think.

Day 11: Good day so far today. Hubby gave me a lie in, bless him. I then prepared the family's Sunday roast dinner. They all had potatoes and gravy, whilst I just had some chicken and 200g veg (mixture of cabbage, swede chips and carrots). Really nice. I could only persuade my OH that this diet was 'ok' if I promised to eat normal looking meals with the family. I think that's spot on for me really because I have a young family and I don't want to give them ideas about weight and food that could shape any sort of unhelpful pattern for them in the long run.

My youngest kept asking me yesterday why I wasn't having any breakfast. I fudged it for ages, saying I wasn't hungry and just needed a cup of tea, blah, blah. But it didn't feel 'right' somehow. I might order the odd porridge pack - I haven't had those at all yet - just to try and alleviate this issue. On a school day it doesn't seem to matter as much as I can do the children's breakfast and it's all quite a hurry, so they don't notice. They don't see me having a soup or shake for lunch and I can have a normal looking protein/veg meal with them later.

I haven't ordered any bars at all for similar reasons. I also suspect that I wouldn't be able to stop at 1!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

OK, so hubby just baked a chocolate cake with youngest. This was not easy. If there was one food in the world I could choose, it would be chocolate cake.

Have I caved in? Oh no! Whilst they were tucking in, I decided that surely, I could do 'something' with a chocolate shake pack. I mixed a tiny bit of water with it - looked like cake dough - put it on grease proof paper on a baking tray and baked for 10 mins. It sort of came out like a cookie - nice and squishy in the middle. It was OK. I did it.

Nearly at the end of Day 11 - just 45 to go!

OK, so hubby just baked a chocolate cake with youngest. This was not easy. If there was one food in the world I could choose, it would be chocolate cake.

Have I caved in? Oh no! Whilst they were tucking in, I decided that surely, I could do 'something' with a chocolate shake pack. I mixed a tiny bit of water with it - looked like cake dough - put it on grease proof paper on a baking tray and baked for 10 mins. It sort of came out like a cookie - nice and squishy in the middle. It was OK. I did it.

Nearly at the end of Day 11 - just 45 to go!

Proud of you!
I might try that recipe tonight actually!
:)

M x

Hiya, came to n subscribe since as u said nearly the same weight snd both doing 8 weeks. I reckon we'll do brilliantly, :D love to cookie idea, I have so many chocolate shakes to use up. You are allowed yoghurt on this diet, even simplicity, and soya yoghurt even better as lower carbs and cals than real stuff, I keep forgetting about this stuff!

Brilliant first week loss! x

Mmmmmm the choc cookie idea sounds good, well done staying away from the choc cake xx

Hiya, came to n subscribe since as u said nearly the same weight snd both doing 8 weeks. I reckon we'll do brilliantly, :D love to cookie idea, I have so many chocolate shakes to use up. You are allowed yoghurt on this diet, even simplicity, and soya yoghurt even better as lower carbs and cals than real stuff, I keep forgetting about this stuff!

Brilliant first week loss! x

Thanks!

Mmmmmm the choc cookie idea sounds good, well done staying away from the choc cake xx

It wasn't easy at all! I've made him freeze half of it, so there is less 'out' and potentially available!

Back