SeeLuLu's 8 Week stint

Good idea :) xx

Day 12 done - 44 to go!

Very busy day today - one shake at lunchtime, protein meal with Slim noodles and veg, 2 shakes throughout the evening and some soya yoghurt. Need to try and have some more packs during the day, I think - running on empty all day isn't good. It's bizarre thinking - it's ok for people to see me not eating at all but yet I'm wary about them seeing me eat a vlcd pack. Scrambled brain of mine.

Oh and TOTM is here. Woopydoo. Last time on a vlcd I carried on bleeding for weeks and weeks. Really hoping this doesn't happen again.

Day 12 done - 44 to go! Very busy day today - one shake at lunchtime, protein meal with Slim noodles and veg, 2 shakes throughout the evening and some soya yoghurt. Need to try and have some more packs during the day, I think - running on empty all day isn't good. It's bizarre thinking - it's ok for people to see me not eating at all but yet I'm wary about them seeing me eat a vlcd pack. Scrambled brain of mine.

Lol im like tht too haha...iv been tellin im eatin healthily cz cba listenin to their crap lol abt vlcd i kno ma body n kno wt wrks for me tho in this case tad slow lol yaay im one day behind u...dreadin weigh in this week tho for sum reason :( x

Well, week 2 lost 5lbs - that's a whole stone in 2 weeks! Yay!

I must say though, I am struggling to find time to eat at all on work days and seem to be having all my packs and/or meal in the evening. I don't think this is too good a habit really but is genuinely because I am just a incredibly busy all day. I'm also not doing so well with the water - need to get on that one.

I don't have so much time to write on people's diaries in the week but am reading and cheering you all on!

Thank you, Toni! Not long until your Week 2 WI now.

Thank you, everyone!

Ready to go for my 3rd weekend on the diet... Nearly 16 days done with 40 to go.

One day at a time.

"The goal of obesity treatment is not necessarily to get to a normal weight. It's to move in a direction where your health is significantly improved."
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Scott Kahan, director of the National Center for Weight and Wellness.

[/FONT]

You're doing so well, great second week loss x

Today is going well so far. I have cooked my usual roast chicken for the family with me having the chicken and some lovely vegetables. I have finally cracked the swede chips - I cut them nice and thickly, boiled them for about 10 mins then popped them in the oven with some fry light. They crisped up really nicely and were lovely and soft inside. I actually, genuinely prefer them to roast potatoes! I think changes like that I will carry on with when I reintroduce food!

I haven't had a pack yet - think I better have one soon. I definitely find that I have a tendency to leave eating for as long as possible in the day. I know you shouldn't have packs too close together but this has got me thinking through my long term plans for ongoing loss and eventually maintenance when I have done these 8 weeks. I seem to be able to manage food intake better if I leave eating for as much of the day as possible. It's like starting to eat triggers something off for me. I wonder whether I need to work with this natural tendency as I seek to maintain. I know all the advice is to eat breakfast blah blah blah - but let's face it, national advice on healthy eating hasn't really worked has it, given that increasing numbers of us are experiencing weight gain?

The medium term plan is when I have completed 8 weeks on this, to continue with 4:3 for a while - I think I need to set myself another time goal but can't decide what at the moment! I am then planning to see the rest of the year out on 5:2 with a view to doing another 8 weeks on a vlcd in January 2015. I feel really, really focused on the time aspect - I find having a goal weight in mind so distracting as I'm always wondering 'how long will that take me'?

off to have a shake now, I think.

OMG - talk about willpower. I've just cut my little one's hair - he's 4 and hair cutting isn't his favourite thing. Anyway, I bribed him and said he could have some Haribos after his hair cut. Two big packs have been sitting in the cupboard for ages. So, I opened the packet and smelt them - they smelt amazing.

I put a few in his pot and put them back in the cupboard. Result.

I have to learn how to cope being around food - I have young children and a husband who is really active. There is no reason why there shouldn't be some sweets, choc and crisps around for them. I have just realised that I have successfully ignored all this food for 18 days - that's an achievement that I should be pleased with. I need to work out what is enabling me to say no so that I can keep the weight off this time!

Back