Self indulgent thread sorry just so excited.

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi all.

Background....

When I had my little boy I found it very hard to breastfeed. He had tongue tie and couldn't latch I ended up in agony after a crash section.

I felt I had no help whatsoever and the advise was just to shut me up. So I decided to get help myself when I got out of hospital.
I got in contact with the Breastfeeding network who were amazing and it was then I decided I wanted to help other mummies in a very trying time.

I have travelled 2 hours once a week for 4 hours since august. And finally have become a breast feeding peer supporter.

I then emailed my local hospital who immediately emailed back saying they would be delighted to have me volunteer at their hospital and the ball rolling soon.

I am so happy I feel like crying it also feels like all the crap I went through all the heart ache the tears etc are now worth it cos I can help someone else.

Sorry for self indigent thread but so happy! Xxx

Aww, thats really good!! Very happy for you! :)

Thank u. It's a great feeling to be giving something and not being paid for it.

Been having to leave my house at 7am to get to class at 9.30am and then I won't get home till late but it's all worth it. X

That's amazing, such a generous thing to do with your time just so nobody else has to feel like you did at that time too.

Well done, it's a lot to have achieved whilst looking after a little one too!

Thank you.

I also work 17 hours a week. Lol but I love my Job am an emergency medical disparcher for when you call 999.
Xx

That's wonderful! I wish I'd had someone like you to help when I had mine. I'm sure you'll make a big difference to mums who are struggling, and will get alot of satisfaction out of it xx

Wow well done. My daughter had a cleft lip and couldnt be breastfeed but my local hospital only forced me to carry on trying rather than help.

I only got support when a broke down to my health visitor and they sent me a volunteer from breastfeeding support group to help me.

If it wasn't for her, my little girl and I would have gone through more pain and stress.

You're defiantly doing a fantastic thing. Well done x x

Well done and congratulations :)

Well done.
You are such a very nice person and will make such a difference to the mums you help.

hugs xxxxx

Well done that's fab!

I breasted my son till 20 month and think its wonderful your helping other new mums!!

I was going to become a peer support worker but instead am starting uni in Sept to do social policy degree.

My aim is to get into politics to try to sort out breastfeeding legislations and the marketing and press side of breastfeeding benefits.

I did my initial case study and portfolio on breastfeeding and its benefits. My argument is childhood obesity tooth decay relating to prolonged bottle feeding and the convinance food generation we live in!! My fight is although we will lose money in tax from the big formula companies we r actually saving money through health benefits.

Its great to see someone who shares a passion

Last edited by a moderator:
alfsmummy11 said:
Well done that's fab!

I breasted my son till 20 month and think its wonderful your helping other new mums!!

I was going to become a peer support worker but instead am starting uni in Sept to do social policy degree.

My aim is to get into politics to try to sort out breastfeeding legislations and the marketing and press side of breastfeeding benefits.

I did my initial case study and portfolio on breastfeeding and its benefits. My argument is childhood obesity tooth decay relating to prolonged bottle feeding and the convinance food generation we live in!! My fight is although we will lose money in tax from the big formula companies we r actually saving money through health benefits.

Its great to see someone who shares a passion

Oh yes please!!!!
We are in the process of sorting out a television advert actually about Breastfeeding and it's benefits. Xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Fatty_no_more said:
Oh yes please!!!!
We are in the process of sorting out a television advert actually about Breastfeeding and it's benefits. Xxx

Its breastfeeding advice from a mum not a doctor!! what ill do is next time im on pc ill make u a monitor so u can add ur stuff u are doing!?

.A tv advert is fab xx

Your doing something brilliant! i remember years ago when little I said that there was no way I was not gona breast feed my kids, and was told "you dont know what your on about" but with people out there like you to help support people who are struggling in my opinion there should be no excuses. There benifits outway everything else there is out there.

Good luck hun x

thanks guys.

Just as an offside. thanks to those who have repped me.

Someone has also put giver giver giver, and not put a name?
Dont know if they are being nasty or nice?
xxx

thanks guys.

Just as an offside. thanks to those who have repped me.

Someone has also put giver giver giver, and not put a name?
Dont know if they are being nasty or nice?
xxx

I thought rep was meant to be a positive thing, so surely thats got to be nice? As in you are a giver. If not ignore them as you are doing something brilliant hunny, and no one can deny that! xx

Back