Self Perception

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
SoOoOoOo i'm a little upset.

Ive lost 2.5 stone (nearly, if I lose 1lb at tomorrows weigh in then i would have lost 2.5st) and i know im looking better than I was but then i saw pictures of me from the weekend....now im so unhappy as i'm not as thin as i thought i was.

Hate it when this happens! Has this happened to anyone else? Makes you feel really pants about yourself and now all i want to do is eat banoffe pie thats in the fridge :cry::cry::cry:

awww hun, this happened to me b4 i started sw -re why i started, and im so uncomfy having full length photos taken- u aught to post this pic up of you b4 and the pic now and i bet you- ya will get so many comments of how gr8 your looking, despite how u percieve yourself love- because just remember u was bigger than u are now, and the only person whos changed that is you
chin up girl your doing great
laura xx

Firstly - STEP AWAY FROM THE BANOFFE PIE!! It will only make you feel worse in the long run hun.

Pictures are awlays so unflattering unless you have perfected the pose and taken about 20 of the same shot! I wouldnt worry too much about them, they were just a snapshot of the moment and be it your good side or bad side, as long as you were enjoying yourself on your night out that is the most important thing.

Why not get some pictures out from before you started SW and put them next to your pics from saturday. Im confident you will see how far you have come and will be much happier about how you look now compared to before.

xxHugsxx

I posted some before and after pics the other week. I looked OK in that pic, but these ones are bloody awful! LOL

SoOoOoOo i'm a little upset.

Ive lost 2.5 stone (nearly, if I lose 1lb at tomorrows weigh in then i would have lost 2.5st) and i know im looking better than I was but then i saw pictures of me from the weekend....now im so unhappy as i'm not as thin as i thought i was.

Hate it when this happens! Has this happened to anyone else? Makes you feel really pants about yourself and now all i want to do is eat banoffe pie thats in the fridge :cry::cry::cry:

Yes I know that feeling sweetie - felt that way when I saw the pics from the holiday *tsk*

But, concentrate on the fact you've lost 2.5stone!!! That's HUGE!!!

So...WELL DONE YOU!!!

And I bet you looked great - we're our own worst enemies xxx

It doesn't matter what weight you are - there will always be flattering and unflattering photos.

When we've got time to pose properly (tummy in, boobs out, smile into camera, eyes open etc!) then we usually look ok in snaps...but there will always, always be those ones that we hate. You'll hate some even when you're at goal!

You ARE a slim, gorgeous SW success story Missy, and I'll not have you thinking otherwise.

Thanks Hellie. At the end of the day though, it's how you feel. Im never going to be a 'pretty' looking girl but I am trying, just seeing them pics made me feel that I hadnt got anywhere.

Thanks Hellie. At the end of the day though, it's how you feel. Im never going to be a 'pretty' looking girl but I am trying, just seeing them pics made me feel that I hadnt got anywhere.

Sarah - from the pics I have seen on here, you ARE pretty!!! Very!!! x

Your pictures are lovely Sarah.

I haven't had my photo taken for years (I look like the Michelin Man!!!) that's why I haven't got one to display in my signature.

Good Luck for your WI tomorrow Sarah-Jayne. X

Oops......I tell a fib, I had my photo taken at my daughter's wedding 5 years ago.....I must try and get one to fit in my signature, I'm not to good at photo's and the PC though I'm afraid.

*in new thread*

SJ set up a new thread - so removing it here as put it there too lol (but thanks) xxx

You are stunning!!!! I dont know how you can think you are not, I would love to look like you!!! Im sure I have seen more than 1 pic of you (you used to have one as you avatar didnt you and the 2 before and after pics!). You have done fantastically, you will soon feel fab about yourself again. I did today when I took 2 pairs of 16 trousers and a 14 top into changing rooms and EVERYTHING fitted!!!! SHOCKED! But tomorrow I could wake up and feel like a hippo! x x

Back