Self-Sabotage .. do you?

I love my collarbones most of all.
thats my fav bit too. wish mine would stick out more :(

Bren - no slap just hugs!

I still remember her happy giggles in the changing rooms in Asda as she had to take a 14 back for a 12

Oh I have dreams, lovely dreams, about this moment! Although (no offense to your mum) mine are in Zara :)

And yes lovely big hugs Bren - you've worked so hard to lose so much weight, and you keep such a close eye on what you eat, you will never be there again!

I'm the same as you Bren. Alcohol = weight gain, portion of chips = 1lb on. I could kill for some strawberry yoghurt right now!

Hmm, I don't have a problem with alcohol, but chips, yes indeed, a pound a portion for me.

Self sabotage... I'm a professional at it!! I could have written yr first post word for word! xx

I can relate with so much that has been said in this topic! I'm still trying to understand why I see food as a reward, like Susie said, why sabotage the work you've done, and how is eating things you know are bad for you a reward. I know so many people who have low self esteem, and it does seem to be a female thing IMO (aren't we lucky!!), my OH just can't understand why I get so stressed about my weight and what I look like, I sometimes wish I could be more like that

Oh god i get the whole oh your gone too thin now comments .I went through a phase in work a short time ago where all of a sudden after 7 months of losing weight i got a hair cut and suddenly people noticed i lost weight ..Well people in the canteen used to ask me omg do you actually eat anything .Eh yes of course i eat and i would be sitting there with eggs ,cheese the lot on the plate .Then it would turn to well if you eat what is it because you are just fading away .

The funny thing is i have been maintaining now since august no weight loss just fluctuations up and down of a pound or 2 .Now its omg you need to stop losing you will look awful and look and dont believe me when i say i am the smae weight since august :sigh:I cant win .But as a nice friend pointed out they are just jealous:D.I have told them all how i lost the weight but they just dont believe you can lose weight eating cheese, eggs cream etc

People are just being envious - you are doing so well, just smile sweetly, knowing that you are healthy and happy and getting to the weight you want to be :)

Jealousy is a funny thing, people you would think are happy for you can turn out to be quite the opposite and it can be quite shocking, there is somebody in my life I am struggling with as her attitude has really changed since I lost weight and I struggle with the difference (no it is not the missus) but I know how much she wants to be slimmer but cannot sustain the willpower. Have tried to bolster her efforts but get cut down in other areas to compensate. It is difficult to be sure. You know how well you have done and how much better you feel and that is what will get you through. Hugs xx

Having lost weight previously (then put it all back on), I often think its those who you are nearest too, or see a lot, who all of a sudden realise you've lost weight, and they're so shocked they don't really know how to act. A couple of my friends at uni said they were worried about me, when I was at my thinnest, but I think that's just because they'd seen me at my heaviest.

Back