Self-sabotage

lemon_fizz

Hi all, I wanted to write down my feelings about self-sabotage.

I have been going to SW for 12 weeks. Love the class, love EE BUT I notice I am sabotaging myself in that for the last month I have been losing and gaining the same pound. I swing between having lost 12lb and 13lbs. I believe I am almost afraid to hit that magic One Stone lost target. Feels very uncomfortable to be successfully slimming.

I have heard other members speak out about this too. I think what I am doing, is eating just a bit too much for the weight to come off. Not binge-ing, just overeating enough to slow me up. I hope by writing my thoughts here, I can move on and get to my stone target, then further on to my final target. :)

My consultant Keli tells me that I self sabotage all the time I punish myself if I think I have done badly.
I know I have a really hard psychological battle with myself all the time and I know I'm doing it I just don't know how to stop it.
If I put on I FAILED. If I maintain I FAILED. If I lose I could have done BETTER.

I'm hoping to lose a lb a week,& that's what I say at group because if I say 2lbs and don't do it I feel like a failure. xx

Hi Miss Williams, thanks for your post. I think the hardest part of slimming is the battle that goes on inside your head.

Luckily my C never asks how much you want to lose the in the coming week. She says she is meant to but without a crystal ball, how on earth do you know.

Hi Silvermane, thanks for that. Is always nice to know other people do the same.

I will be giving myself a slap round the head! :)

Sounds pretty frustrating :/ perhaps you need to keep yourself busy to try and stop this because if you're busy even your subconcious can take itself off the weight loss thing. I really hope you can push past this but if you feel worried about it then it'd be great if you popped on the forum and had a little vent about it.

We're here for you :)

Lots of people do this! I've done it myself! Try not to dwell too much on it, focus on how you REALLY want to look and feel, think of all the things you'll feel more comfortable wearing and doing once you get to target, REALLY VISUALISE on these things for a short while every day, and hopefully this will help ...... that's what I've done! It works! Well, for me at least! All the best o'luck'n'stuff to you!

Hi Goldentouch, Kikikisses & Wacky Jacky, Thank you all for your kind replies. I feel so much better for just putting how I feel into writing. I have renewed my determination. :) Right, let's get on with it! Have a good SW Sunday all.

Back