Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

What did you have today serial? Are you still feeling good?

I had three boiled eggs with a bit of butter for brunch. That kept me going until 5pm, when I had two quorn sausages with broccoli and green beans. For a supper snack at 8pm I had an Atkins Chocolate Decadence meal bar (high protein, low carb). Two cups of tea, two cups of coffee, all with a dash of cream. Total carbs around 25, calories less than 1200. I can't do regular Atkins because I'm vegetarian but I can come close to it.

I take a whole range of vitamin and mineral supplements too, every day. Separately, not in one pill as I like to be sure of the percentages LOL. I feel I'm getting a grip on my carb and calorie intake and slowly but surely returning to eating the way I did to lose a ton of weight and keep it off.

I hope to buy some Exante bars and apple crumbles the week after next. 20g carbs is quite a lot (for me) in one food item but I can keep the total number at the 35g or less level most days even with a bar. I might do three days TS each week to speed things up so long as the extra carbs don't make me crave xx

Good afternoon my dears.

My two lovely black and white cats - a boy and a girl - are the lights of my life. However their excellent hunting skills, despite the bells on their safety collars, often result in poor dead creatures brought indoors. Today was a double whammy. A lovely wee mouse flattened on the hall rug, and a beautiful robin in the middle of the kitchen floor. It looked alive, poor wee thing. God bless the poor wee things, sweet lost innocents just trying to survive in a harsh world. This is the downside of keeping cats or any natural predator.

I adore my adopted kitties; they've made my life so much happier. The first time the girl caught and killed a bird - her first, ever - she leapt on my bed and dropped it a foot from my knee, looking at me proudly. She was so upset when I gently removed it - she searched the bedding and made shrill cries as if to say, where's it gone? They offer them as precious gifts, to show their love.

The upside of their skill at hunting is that, were they ever to get lost or accidentally locked out (heaven forbid), they'd be able to hunt for food to stay alive.

So sad though about that sweet wee mouse and the gorgeous robin x

Last edited:
Thinking of making a low-carb sausage roll tomorrow. Almond flour, a bit of butter and seasoning for the pastry. Quorn sausage for the centre... Might make two. Might even add a bit of fried onion (not much). Gosh I could eat one right now LOL.

Couldn't really spare the cash but I ordered 28 Exante bars as I got them half-price (packs of 7). Next week I may manage to buy a few apple crumbles and noodles x

Just found out that my wonderful GP is leaving the practice at the end of May. Probably retiring - not sure. I am devastated. Sitting here crying. I can't stop. It will be like losing a member of the family. 27 years and such a good, caring doctor. I feel miserable x

Ah serial, I'm so sorry to hear that. He was so good to you when you were sick. Hope that his replacement is just as kind and caring.

I wasn't expecting this because he can't be more than late 50s - at the most. I'm not going to get over this easily, nor soon x

Just read in the Independent that people with a BMI of 20 or less are more at risk of developing dementia. One wee silver lining behind the cloud! x

Just had breakfast. Risotto pack with a heaped teaspoonful of ground linseed and half a vegetable stockpot. Tolerable x

You sound like you're focused again x

If I could manage to finish a risotto pack, I must be LOL. I need to use 'em up and the curry ones, too (ack). The thing for me is to keep the carbs down as well. 20g carbs is a lot for one meal when you're low-carbing. Atkins Induction allows only 20g carbs per day - and it is suggested that those carbs should ideally come from vegetables. I can't tolerate as many as 60g per day if I go over 800-1000 calories. My cravings kick-in.

Today I had risotto for brekkie, an Atkins chocolate brownie bar for lunch (20g protein, 2g carbs) and as a treat a blueberry pancake for dinner. If I get hungry between now and my usually late bedtime (insomnia) I'll have two boiled eggs mashed with a bit of butter or mayo.

Once my bars get here, hopefully Monday, I can have one a day x

Lovely sunny day. I long to be outside again. Hiding away is just not good for a person. The sunshine and extra daylight hours are making me yearn to be slim again. To slip into my wee skinny jeans and feel attractive.

Will have Exante porridge for lunch and an Atkins Chocolate Brownie meal bar for supper.

My Sunday dinner will be low-carb spaghetti (Dreamfields) with a little melted Seriously Strong Cheddar. My favourite cheese. I'm prepared for a 'shock' reading when I WI on Wednesday but once I've absorbed the damage LOL I'll continue to eat low-carb and hopefully lose 1-2lb per week x

So quiet here. Only the sound of the high winds blowing outside. Isolation. Such is my life x

So quiet here. Only the sound of the high winds blowing outside. Isolation. Such is my life x

I'm here! Do you have a garden you can sit in when you have to stay in? The weather is very motivating to get in shape isn't it!! X

ah serial :( sorry that you're not feeling great. Would you get out for a short stroll, or is that even out of the question?

I'm agoraphobic at the moment because of the extra weight. I've had agoraphobia all my life in fits and starts. When it hits and my depression kicks-in I become reclusive. Struggling to walk outdoors using a stick is horribly embarrassing when you're overweight. People stare and stare. Had I plenty of family and friends nearby to visit it wouldn't be so bad. I pay £145 per month bedroom tax and council tax which is really hard to find. Nowhere smaller available to move to and in any case I've lived here for 27 years. Not budging! So many added stresses and they sometimes feel crushing.

Anyway. My bars have arrived and I lost no time in tucking-into a Lemon and Yoghourt. A strange salty-sweet creation but you really get the taste for them. Rather than do a 5:2 I might try a 4:3 or more likely a 3:4. I will experiment with days of TS and days of partial Exante/very low carb until I reach a balance that suits my head as well as my body.

I check Holland and Barrett for vitamin and mineral offers. Sometimes they do a buy one, get the second for 1p which is great. I'm using-up leftover Atkins bars. Golden linseed I buy on offer because I need the Omega 3s and the soluble fibre. I grind it at home in my wee Krups.

Getting the Exante bars half-price is wonderful because otherwise I just could not do this diet at all. Someone told me that LL costs around £70-£80 per week. Is that right? Scary.

I know I'll have a big gain on the scale tomorrow. It's unavoidable. But I'll soon lose it x

Last edited:
My pack-tinkering continues. I just had an egg pack mixed with one fresh egg, a heaped tsp of ground linseed, a one-inch cube of extra strong cheddar and, when cooked, a heaped tsp of Hellman's mayo. Delicious.

Tomorrow I'll have the same but will further reduce carbs by using only half of an egg pack.

Today I had a lemon bar for breakfast, an Atkins brownie for lunch and the egg pack with extra egg and cheese. Total carbs around 45g, total calories (one tea, one coffee with dash of cream) less than 600. Having a boosted meal in the evening helps to get me through the long night x

Last edited:
Do you have and support for the agoraphobia? That can't be easy x

My GP's been great but he knows that when I can't go out, I just can't. He doesn't try to force me. Alas he's leaving the Practice at the end of May. That's going to be hard to take-in.

I'll come out of this funk eventually. Losing weight will help with my confidence as well as my mobility x

Gosh yes I much more understand why the GP leaving is such a big blow now. Well you have a plan so that's great and I am excited for you because losing this weight clearly is a big life changer for you as it will have a knock on effect for these things. I don't have any other advice to offer but just can offer my virtual hugs and support in dealing with these things x

Back