Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

Support is essential. The journey back to health and peace is so much harder without it. The support of people who share food and weight problems is best because we share so many experiences. It's not a question of how many stones are gained, lost, regained - it's about the underlying addictive behaviour and emotional pain. Making better (for us as individuals) food choices leads to improved health and morale - and weight loss! x

Support is essential. The journey back to health and peace is so much harder without it. The support of people who share food and weight problems is best because we share so many experiences. It's not a question of how many stones are gained, lost, regained - it's about the underlying addictive behaviour and emotional pain. Making better (for us as individuals) food choices leads to improved health and morale - and weight loss! x

I agree the support and understanding is invaluable. I can't imagine what I would have done without this site at certain times. Have you been on here long?

That's so tough Serial. I can only imagine what that's like. :(
Do you have a particular weight in mind that you think you should reach before you feel like you're mentally able to go out again? I've said it before, but would you set yourself weight goals/milestones and also a milestone to even get to the garden gate once you reach that weight milestone, as you said they're very much tied together.

Also are you getting any professional help at the moment? Is that something the GP could organise?
I really feel for you, it's not easy and you're doing great with your adjusted meal plans. Keep up the great work xxxx

Did you do the WI this morning? I hope it only inspired you more xx

This morning I weighed 15st 10lb. Could have been worse! I was on an average 1200 cals per day, occasionally more. Now that I'm increasing my rate of fat to protein/carbs and lowering calories most days I should start to see decent results.

This morning I had a lovely coffee with cream and coconut oil. This sets-up the body for lipolysis - fat-burning. Ideally I should be having 20-40g carbs at most whilst trying to lose weight but since I'm also keeping the calories down I should be okay. We need a certain amount of carbs (glycogen) for brain function. A lot of people don't know that the brain is the biggest muscle in the body. Starving also starves the brain and can lead to fogginess, memory loss and depression.

Brunch was a lemon bar. Dinner may be another tweaked egg pack. The added cheese makes it so yum!

I wish all the good quality supplements were cheaper! As we all know the delicious junk costs much less x

Today was my first Exante TS in weeks. I still find it surprising how comparatively easy it is to stick to TS - at least in the shorter term - than it was for me to stick to Cambridge SS, before. I've eased my way back into ketosis by gradually reducing carbs this past couple of weeks. Now I need to find out whether 60-80g carbs each day are too much for me, and perhaps triggering an overwhelming need to eat. If this is the case I'll drop at least 20g daily for the duration of my diet x

Great to hear you weighed and are starting afresh. How's is day 2 TS'ing so far?

Hey Green! Day #2 is fine. Big coffee for breakfast, pancake pack for lunch. The Blueberry pancakes are almost gone now. I might force down another risotto later (LOL). My curry packs will be growing beards before I get through them.

I'll be interested to see the WI result next Wednesday. Sometimes after a break the restart result is far less impressive than first week losses. Not to worry, I'll just push on. This time when my tastebuds get restless or I get bored I'll do a day of regular food, all low-carb, to see if that helps.

The one thing I won't do is give up. I decided when we first became Exante Buddies that this was going to be my real, proper journey back to sanity and slenderness. I'm a couple of stones behind you now but back on track xx

Just popped by to subscribe! Keep up the good work. You're so right the things you say about addictive behaviour. I was so upset yesterday when I look back at the last 5 years, it's been so up and down, and I think will I ever change??? Today I am positive - now or never. We can do it :)

We can all change. It's a learning process and doesn't happen overnight but it really can be done. We can't go on harming ourselves emotionally, physically and psychologically. No good ever comes of giving ourselves a kicking LOL x

Just had a very late lunch (!) orange and choc bar. Yum. My third Exante tonight will be eagerly consumed at 8pm or thereabouts! Sometimes I leave until 9 or 10pm because late evening/bedtime is for me a common 'I'm starving' time x

Just had a very late lunch (!) orange and choc bar. Yum. My third Exante tonight will be eagerly consumed at 8pm or thereabouts! Sometimes I leave until 9 or 10pm because late evening/bedtime is for me a common 'I'm starving' time x

I'm the same, they say not to skip breakfast but when you're doing something so controlled, I like to eat everything as late as possible as night is my weakest time!

I eat first thing a few times each week for the sake of my metabolism but later is always better for me. Funny isn't it how you can have an easy, problem-free diet day and then suddenly be hit by desperate hunger and cravings at night? LOL x

I dunno if it's just boredom for me. Also, I work in a pub some evenings so I see people eating and drinking and just get jealous ;)

Boredom is a very big part of it but also - I'm a night person. Always have been. I'm a lifelong insomniac, too. Perhaps my body chemistry (and appetite) 'liven up' at night! x

When I first did Exante I had my packs at 9am, 12pm and 5.30pm but I meant that I was gnawing my own arm by 8pm. This time I'm going for 12pm, 4pm and 8pm (give or take!) and I feel so much better. Last time I kept going to bed feeling miserable and resentful but now I'm okay and it's easier to push through the morning when I'm busy at work than the evening when I'm on the couch xo

I find it pretty much impossible to last from dinnertime until breakfast! I bet lots of us find that very hard to do. I know I'm supposed to eat as soon as I get up because of the long 'fast' overnight but after a few days I'm ravenous at bedtime. We need to eat/drink our Exante at times that are best for us x

I agree serial, it's the hardest time of the day for me too. I need to stay away from the kitchen.

Evenings are the hardest for me too. Mostly try to last out for my first pack until around 2 pm, and have my last between 9 and 10 pm. Am trying to get back into ketosis now though, so am doing the 4 packs a day plan (still 600 cals), so am having an earlier one as well as am ravenous first thing!

Girls, I'm still not back in proper ketosis. I'm adjusting calories and carbs and stealthily adding good fats, day by day. So I get hungry A LOT. Nothing to be done, though, but to persevere. I'm well aware that one can only tinker so far without risking the faster weight loss benefits. Low-carbing alone tends to give much slower losses. Mind you, the amount of food you can eat is quite impressive.

Lately I've become fixated on the lemon bars. Originally it was the toffee and raisin I craved. Then the orange. Lemon has now shot ahead. For dinner tonight I will add tomato paste, veggie oxo and ground linseed to a curry pack. What joy! Ha Ha x

Back