Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

You could use a smaller mug (mine is larger than usual!) and halve the quantities. Honestly it tastes delicious and feels like a luxury treat. Let's face it we have to find innocent ways to get our chocolate fix LOL xx

That's such a good idea to halve and then it's not too many extra cals :) I just had the choice gooey pudding - YUMMMMMM xx

That sounds delish! Did you go for second helpings this evening?

No Green I just had the one cup LOL. It's amazingly chocolate-y. One tbsp of cocoa powder is only 12 calories (I use two tsp) and the cream is 20 calories (0.64 carbs) per tbsp. I use no-calorie sweeteners. Bit of boiling water on top and - Bob's Your Uncle! Ha Ha. Tastes much better than Options and has way fewer carbs.

Good day again today. Tomorrow I add scrambled/boiled/fried eggs mmmmm. And maybe some mashed cauliflower xx

Just watched two excellent films about the role of sugar and junk food in obesity. Hungry For Change and Fed Up. I highly recommend both x

How'd you get on with your WI Serial ? Dying to hear.

Hi Serial, how did your WI go? Your hot choc sounds delicious. I tried the choc pud today expecting something gooey and I got cake. Maybe I overcooked it. I have Exante choc mint hot sometimes and love that.

Hope you're doing okay.

Angel - cook the choc pud for around 45-50 seconds, depending on the wattage of your microwave. That way the centre stays gooey like chocolate sauce. Yum!

I LOST 3LB! Ha Ha. I managed it. I tried really hard to balance overall carbs and calories whilst including some regular low-carb food because this suits my body (and mind!) better than TS. I'd love superfast results like Green's but I can't hack TS week after week LOL. I'm happy to accept slower losses if they're part of a diet I enjoy x

03.51 am and I'm wide awake. I decided to have breakfast. Choc pudding with a heaped tsp of ground linseed and a heaped tsp of coconut oil. The oil is to trigger fat-burning. The linseed for Omega 3s and fibre. Ground linseed is almost solely fibre so the 'carbs' just shoot through the system. I used to rely on Psyllium Husk but changed to linseed because of its nutritional value. I've run out of husk, anyway.

Well, I'm going to aim for a stone loss from yesterday. Three and a half pounds per week until May 28th. Let's see if I can do it or get very close.

Oh - I'm sipping a lemon and ginger tea. Strictly speaking fruit teas can endanger ketosis but I used to drink lots of this alternated with peppermint tea. With sweeteners. Didn't seem to slow my losses, and made a nice change from regular tea and coffee. When I say I used to I mean when I was slim. A lot of things I 'used to do' that contributed to weight loss and maintenance are now being revived x

Last edited:
3 pounds a week is still more than you'd lose on a standard SW or WW or something :)) I've put 3lb a week as my goal per week doing TS and some low carb days. I can't do TS all the time either! We need to keep sane ;) well done SS! Xx

Wow 3lb, super loss SS. It sounds like you're getting really into good habits. It's interesting about the coconut oil. The secret with any diet is to do what's right for you to be able to stick to it and continue losing. I love your inventive recipe :)
I love peppermint tea and used to alternate with lemon and ginger but swapped to fennel because of the citric. It doesn't take much to take me out of K.

You'll have another her great week I'm sure, well done!

I may 'only' lose 2lb this week as that seems to be my pattern. If so - I'll still be happy. I might try some arm and leg exercises that can be done when sitting or lying in bed. Every little helps! xx

Just had a lovely apple and cinnamon porridge. Could have eaten double the amount, quite easily!

Will have sprouts late evening if I'm hungry LOL x

I've got a craving for brussels sprouts...

:eek:

That's sick! :D

I'm with you on the cocoa with cream, however - it's amazing! I got used to it in the past unsweetened. It's a acquired taste, but it's worth persevering. Good luck with it!

LOL. Yes the creamy cocoa really hits the spot. Good luck to you, too! Every pound we lose is real progress x

Hahaha what a strange but healthy craving ;) xx

Never in my life would i crave brussels sprouts lol hilarious. I'm sure they're low cab though if you really fancied some :)

Honestly I was drooling at the thought of mashed sprouts with butter, salt and pepper! Ha Ha. I didn't have them in the end, but I wish I had because I became very hungry. I got through the evening by having an extra bar. FOUR bars yesterday. This is why I suspect the 60g carbs per day may be too high for me. Whenever I stick to TS for more than two or three days I start to crave.

I'll try TS again today and see how I go.

BTW the apple and cinnnamon porridge tastes like the apple crumble and custard! Not complaining as both are yummy xx

07.12am. Just finished my apple crumble and custard breakfast. Mmmmm. I got up at 4.00am thanks to my boy cat (LOL) but decided to wait as long as I reasonably could before cooking brekkie.

Fool that I am I got on the scales (before breakfast but after two cups of lemon and ginger tea). Eek! Two pounds UP. Darned water weight. Disappointing but I'll keep on keepin' on xx

Back