Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

Another carb/sugar addict/bottomless pit here. I can eat and eat but very rarely feel full. If I do feel full I'll no doubt feel empty again within the hour.

VLCD does help stop the hunger pangs, I still feel hungry and empty but not ravenous. Losing weight is relatively easy compared to keeping it off. Low carbing to get to goal weight seems fine but the thought of a life without creamy carbonara is quite sad!

I know ppl say 'everything in moderation' but us food addicts know otherwise...

I will ALWAYS have to be on some kind of plan if I want to maintain but enjoy nice (carby) food

Hi Bananas! I always have to plan, too. To have a basic framework for my food intake that allows for occasional treats (i.e. goodies!). Since I started to regain the carbs have had the upper hand. It takes me ages to get back to a comfortable low-carb routine x

Like you, I won't ever have a life where food is just fuel :( but it does become more manageable on low carb.

I find if I eat too much sugar I just become a bottomless eating machine.

I have learned I do well on a higher fat diet and I can eat complex carbs in moderation after exercise but if I over do the carbs or the exercise my appetite goes through the roof!!!

A bottomless eating machine! LOL. Good description. I can eat and eat and eat. After a yummy sugary/carby appetiser my artificially-stimulated hunger is off and running. It's scary, to be honest. You don't want to eat. You know you'll gain weight fast and end up miserable. But you can't stop xx

A bottomless eating machine! LOL. Good description. I can eat and eat and eat. After a yummy sugary/carby appetiser my artificially-stimulated hunger is off and running. It's scary, to be honest. You don't want to eat. You know you'll gain weight fast and end up miserable. But you can't stop xx

Totally hear ya! You are not alone! :553:

Hungry but determined not to eat. Sipping a very low carb cocoa. I might go 20g carbs/800 cals or less tomorrow. If I make it through (LOL) I'll try for three days more. Need to get my ketosis re-established as the ever-creeping cravings are starting to get to me xx

Hungry but determined not to eat. Sipping a very low carb cocoa. I might go 20g carbs/800 cals or less tomorrow. If I make it through (LOL) I'll try for three days more. Need to get my ketosis re-established as the ever-creeping cravings are starting to get to me xx

Love your signature lol!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel for you serial. How did that cocoa go down? Satisfy the craving?
Even if you give in to the carbs you have a plan and have everything under control, you're managing the cravings so well.

I'm another one here who will never just eat for fuel. I love all food no exceptions, nothing I won't eat! Love cooking and feeding myself and the family. On this journey even when I haven't needed to cook of an evening I've made an excuse to cook something! Like tonight I made a cauliflower 'cake' (more of a frittata). I think I'll be winning if I can keep my portions and snacking under control long term. That's the challenge for me :-(

I ate lots and lots of cauliflower during my slim years! It became a standing joke between me and my Dad. I'd cook a wee bowl-full then mix in some grated extra mature cheddar. Mmmmm xx

I'm vegetarian so if you are a meat-eater my sparse menu might not suit you. I tend to wing it each day. Eggs, cheese, cream cheese, ground linseed buns, ground almond pancakes, almond and linseed porridge, vegetables, salad, low carb protein shakes. I'll be making low carb protein bars at home tomorrow, probably two varieties. Much cheaper than shop-bought and full of fresh ingredients xx

I'm vegetarian so if you are a meat-eater my sparse menu might not suit you. I tend to wing it each day. Eggs, cheese, cream cheese, ground linseed buns, ground almond pancakes, almond and linseed porridge, vegetables, salad, low carb protein shakes. I'll be making low carb protein bars at home tomorrow, probably two varieties. Much cheaper than shop-bought and full of fresh ingredients xx

Sounds delish...!!!

Brunch: Atkins vanilla shake made from one scoop powder mix, I tablespoonful ground linseed and water. I coffee with tablespoonful single cream. 170 calories, 3g carbs.

Dinner: same as above

Supper: 2 boiled eggs mixed with rounded teaspoonful of Hellman's mayonnaise. I peppermint tea. 240 calories, 0 carbs.

Late evening: Atkins shake or Atkins snack bar, or one boiled egg with tsp mayo. 150/160 calories, 3g or 0 carbs.

Total calories 740. Carbs 9.

Two years ago I bought a pack of three Atkins shake mix (plastic tubs). The only flavour I like is Vanilla. I still had two left, unopened. So I'm making Atkins shakes the basis of my four-day carb busting quest. This should tip me nicely back into ketosis.

Now all I have to do is stick to this routine for four days LOL xx

Last edited:
Brunch: Atkins vanilla shake made from two scoops powder mix, I tablespoonful ground linseed and water. I coffee with tablespoonful single cream. 170 calories, 3g carbs.

Dinner: same as above

Supper: 2 boiled eggs mixed with rounded teaspoonful of Hellman's mayonnaise. I peppermint tea. 240 calories, 0 carbs.

Late evening: Atkins shake or Atkins snack bar, or one boiled egg with tsp mayo. 150/160 calories, 3g carbs.

Total calories 740. Carbs 9.

Two years ago I bought a pack of three Atkins shake mix (plastic tubs). The only flavour I like is Vanilla. I still had two left, unopened. So I'm making Atkins shakes the basis of my four-day carb busting quest. This should tip me nicely back into ketosis.

Now all I have to do is stick to this routine for four days LOL xx

Sounds great :)

Curve you look lovely! Great pic. One of these days I'll pluck up the courage to post one of me LOL xx

Plan sounds great SS.

And I'm now craving cauliflower cheese from your earlier comment ;) xx

So am I, QueenB! And it's gorgeous with just cauliflower and grated cheese x

Back