seriously does this work?

batlo8

Hi girls and guys,

Ok, i got my samples off the site and i just almost cried with joy at the spag bol... Its delish!

I have been on CD for a week but caved in yesterday. Im finding none stop shakes too much to face and i don't like the soup.

So i felt like this spag bol may have just saved me from totally ruining my diet!

But in general does s&s work? Is it ok to have say a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch and spag bol/cottage pie for tea?

Im excited!!! X

Hey, fancy bumping into you here :)

I'm thinking about switching as well.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I also have a question regarding this diet...... can I do this diet WITHOUT the shakes?

That is, have 2 meals and 1 bar a day? I can up my water intake to compensate the loss of the shake.

Cheers!

You can have whatever combination you like - 3 spag bols per day if you wish! :). Only restriction is that you can only have 1 bar per day.

SurreySuperTrooper said:
Hey, fancy bumping into you here :)

I'm thinking about switching as well.

Sorry to highjack your thread, but I also have a question regarding this diet...... can I do this diet WITHOUT the shakes?

That is, have 2 meals and 1 bar a day? I can up my water intake to compensate the loss of the shake.

Cheers!

Small world! Lol!

When would you do the swap if you do? X

SurreySuperTrooper said:
How did you get the samples? Please share! And did you specifically ask for spag bol?

I just emailed and asked! Cheek gets you everywhere! Xx

BordersGirl said:
You can have whatever combination you like - 3 spag bols per day if you wish! :). Only restriction is that you can only have 1 bar per day.

Does it work just as well as CD though? Xx

As a more serious answer I've lost 0.8lb shy of 3 stone since I started in August and that's with a break for a holiday included. I'm more or less halfway to goal currently. I did Lipotrim in 2005 and lost 5 stone in 16 weeks but my starting weight was a bit higher and as I hated the LT shakes so much I used to avoid having all 3, and some days I wouldn't have any at all (which is very very bad!) so I was probably existing on 320 calories a day or less, so I think I lost it more quickly because of that. I like many of the S&S products and have never yet missed having a mealpack or bar because I didn't feel like any of them.

Your start and goal weights are pretty much the same as mine and given you started a month later than me I would say that CD and S&S are pretty comparable if you look at how much each of us have lost. I'm on week 14 now and have lost almost 2lbs in the 2 days since my last WI.

Including my signature in this post so you can see my weekly losses. It's not been all plain sailing - sometimes I've been 'stuck' for a couple of weeks but I think you get that with any diet to be honest.

yes it works , this is how im doing it , per day i have

2 x cottage pie
1 x porridge made with water
1 x spag bol with 200g of salad/veg allowance

this totals around 700 calories per day which should give me a loss of 2.5lb per week

its just maths really and I was doing just 3 shakes a day in August, I lost 16 lb but could only maintain it for 3 weeks it was too hard.

but Ive found a way to make it work for me now and I really look forward to my meals

Ive got bars too , but they are so delicious i end up having 2 per day which is a no no so i have put them in the garage for now and im sticking with the meals for now, the shakes are tasty but they dont really fill me up as much as the meals do

the spag bol is delicious , the porridge is also delicious and the cottage pie is ok, better with some spice added , or soy sauce

surreysoupertrooper

yes you can do it without the shakes , at the moment im having 4 meals per day plus veg allowance
previously i was having 2 shakes 1 meal 1 bar
I go through phases of what i fancy and its very adaptable like that , you can do each day differently if you like as long as you stay within the 3 or 4 items per day and only 1 bar
you can do it however you like , the only rule is only one bar per day as they can take you out of ketosis

If you look at the veg allowance theres quite a choice and when you weigh out 200g of it its a huge plateful , I have this with the spag bol

i have mushrooms , baby spinach leaves, celery, lettuce,yellow peppers and it comes to about 50 calories
i make the porridge with water , this saves 55 calories

I really dont feel like im depriving myself and I never thought i would say that on a vlcd

having said that i am at the upper level of calories , having 4 packs per day plus veg but thats what makes it bearable for me

ive never done cd or exante or any other vlcd so cant really compare but they sound much harder than this

Small world! Lol!

When would you do the swap if you do? X

Not sure. Ive discovered the reason that I can't stick to CD is because I miss chewing! This is why I'm so excited by S&S and the fact that I can have spag bol! From browsing through this forum, everyone seems to love spag bol.

Currently I'm debating whether to get individual meals just to see what they taste like or whether to get 21 meals as they come out so much cheaper.

Are you definitely switching?

Bordergirl, I think you are right. Your weight loss is comparable with CD.

Phenix, thanks for your advice. The food does seem rather alot. CD has a similar plan & its around 810 cals.

Or you can do it the way I am and it's around 400 calories or so depending on the options I choose, plus another 50 or so on top if I have the veg (I don't have it every day). Today was 423 (banana shake, banana bar and porridge with water). Either way is successful.

im on 4 per day and losing well, just had 2 week break so I could remotivate for Christmas!

good luck however you go forward xx

EHi I did CD a few years ago and lost about 3 and a half stone in 12 weeks. I've just finished week 9 of s&s and have lost 3 stone. So its definately as good, but I'm finding it easier. I love the chocolate truffa bars and the veg allowance is a god send. The last 2 weeks have only been 2.5 pounds each week which is a bit disheartening after not eating, but weighed in yesterday and week nine was a 6lb loss so really chuffed now. Definately worth sticking with it. The time is flying by too. Its much cheaper than CD and I've been buying 4 weeks worth so I won't give up and waste them. Good luck x

Back