Serves me right for laughing

vanda

plodding away
Well, I've been tittering to myself reading posts about cold hands and feet when ketosis kicks in. Serves me right - day 3 of plan yesterday and I couldnt understand it when last night I turned the heating up to what I would normally have in the middle of winter. My hands and feet were cold, in the end I went to bed at 930 in disgust. It was only when I tested for ketones this morning that it hit me what it was :eek:

I should be happy that fat burning is kicking in now I just have to wait for the promised burst of energy as am going to bed by 930-10 cos am so tired. Feel great during the day though, just get very tired all of a sudden in the evening. Does anyone have any experience of this ?

Vanda

yup definately!! im was an late bird, never in bed before midnight then struggled to drag myself out for 10am. Since i started LT in usually tucked up exhausted by 11 and up at 7am!! i feel so much better too:)

As for the cold, day 12 and i have my geating on, fire on, bit snuggly dressing gown and blankets and a hot drink ive still a cold nose!!!!

LOL! Funnily enough I'm particularly cold tonight! One thing I won't miss. After 13 weeks I'm still waiting for the legendary energy boost ... I think I'm the exception though so don't despair. xx

Last edited:
I shouldnt have said I was going to bed early cos of being tired - went to bed at 10pm but still awake - do sleepless nights come into this too? Just what I need more time awake without the usual midnight feast that came with past late nights. Just thankful I am not hungry.

Have a goodnight all

Vanda

I never had the energy boost that made others clean their houses from top to bottom but boy did I feel the cold! I would go to bed in pjs, extra top and fluffy socks with 2 hot water bottles - not the sexiest look in the world!!!!! It's a bit of a passion killer when you have to get through so many layers!!!!! Lol!

x

The cold has been the worst thing on this diet for me. Starting in January was not a good idea. We had that real cold snap and snow to battle through too. I still have cold hands and my nose is usually freezing but like others said to me, it's a small price to pay for losing so much weight. I'm into week 20 now and still feeling it. Can't wait to warm up, probably only when I'm on my hols!

Hi Vakwi,
I'm on day 5 and yes I have felt extra cold as well, very unusual for me, usually I'm overheated, switching the heating off although everyone else says they are so cold and peeling off jumpers , now I'm freezing...must be karma lol!! On day 4 had difficulty getting to sleep, thought it was strange as usually the only time I ever experience that is when I have a huge overblown meal and can't get comfortable. Strange diet this, I'm learning a whole lot of new things about myself.

I am not as cold as i was in the 1st week , was dreaming last night about milkshakes lol.
Think the feeling of cold after the 1st week is due to loosing all the weight .

Well, I've been tittering to myself reading posts about cold hands and feet when ketosis kicks in. Serves me right - day 3 of plan yesterday and I couldnt understand it when last night I turned the heating up to what I would normally have in the middle of winter. My hands and feet were cold, in the end I went to bed at 930 in disgust. It was only when I tested for ketones this morning that it hit me what it was :eek:

I should be happy that fat burning is kicking in now I just have to wait for the promised burst of energy as am going to bed by 930-10 cos am so tired. Feel great during the day though, just get very tired all of a sudden in the evening. Does anyone have any experience of this ?

Vanda

Hi Vakwi

I'm on week 6 and I am still getting cold hands and feet - even going to bed with socks on (nice picture....not)
I think it's also because we are drinking lots of cold shakes and water - so don't think it's going to go really - it's so worth it though x :)

So its be cold or be fat - better start knitting again. Give me something to do with my hands.

New symptom today. Dodgy mouth, not sure how to describe it but its def not normal! Good job we need to drink lots of water cos I keep drinking just to try and clear my mouth of the weird taste.

Vanda

Hi vakwi,
Welcome to the bad breath, cold hands brigade, it is another symptom. Also I had some very bad sleepless nights on my first week, last week but once the chemist told me it was normal, things settled down and sleeping fine ever since. It's good to know that these things are caused by us burning off fat and the discomfort we feel now is only short lived. Good luck with the rest of your first week.
Doirin

When I first started the diet, at first I was shattered all the time, in bed really early. Then I developed a bit of insomnia, even though I felt knackered, I just couldn't get to sleep, but it all settled down.
As for the cold, I must be one of the lucky ones who has escaped this. I sometimes feel really hot though.
I'm almost at the end of week 12 and just muddling on through as best as I can.

Back