Servings and Portion Size.

Minerva

...we're sinking deeper.
The RTM module of Lighter Life Lite is a little more comprehensive about portion size and servings per day. Having done the abstinence RTM and fully explored the Lite version, I thought I should share some information for the general public.

I don't intend to cut anything out of my life, but knowing HOW to live in moderation is important! Especially concerning those dreaded carbs and starchy foods!

These are rough guidelines that I intend to follow even after I finish. Hopefully you'll find these useful too.
:)

--------------------------
Serving Size.

Up to 6 servings of these per day.

Starchy Vegetables.

2-egg sized / 1 medium (75g) - Potato
1 medium (100g) - Sweet Potato
7 thick-cut - Oven chips / Potato wedges
2 rounded tbsp. - Cooked pulses (beans, peas, lentils)

Starchy Foods and Cereals.

3 tbsp. - Low-Sugar breakfast cereal
3 tbsp. - Dry Porridge Oats
2 tbsp. - Dry Muesli
1 biscuit - Wheat/Oat cereal

3 heaped tbsp. - Couscous (cooked)
3 heaped tbsp. - Noodles (cooked)
3 heaped tbsp. - Pasta (boiled)
2 heaped tbsp. - Rice (boiled)

‘Bread’ based foods.

1 medium slice - Bread/Toast
One Half - Bread roll / English muffin / Bagel / Scone
1 small slice - Malt loaf
1 small - Chapatti / Naan (plain) / Pitta bread / Tortilla
1 - Crumpet / Biscuit
2 small - Oatcakes
3 - Crackers / Crispbreads
3 cups - Popcorn (plain)

-------------------------

I can also post portion sizes concerning protein, dairy and fruit if anyone wants.

:)

Well done Minerva getting this stickied

It's a good idea to separate RTM and maintenance.
Foxtrot was asking what we had on maintenenace:
Today
My usual porridge with a small handful of summerfruits and a few goji berries, made with skimmed milk. Added a doll of probiotic no fat yougurt and a small teaspoon of honey.
Black coffee, water.
Mid morning, black coffee, an apple
Lunch half a tub of low fat cottage cheese, slald of chopped beef tomato, half an avocado, celery, frsh mint, spring onion and chopped coriander, juice of a lemon,black pepper and a bit of olive oil.
Pulp of a baked baby aubergine mixed with smoked paprika - yummy.
WW yogurt.

Mid afternoon
St. Clements flavoured water, another coffee.
Supper
Grilled loin part of a small pork chop, broccoli and a small portion of mushrooms, water.
I've just had half a pkt of sugar free jelly with a kiwi fruit and some cranberries
Before I go to bed I'll have a chocolate drink, Cadburys Delight 40 calories

Thanks this has all been really useful, I'm printing and keeping sections of all these.
Any more of the lite management route you have time to put up Minerva would be great. I found the whole of route to management totally confusing and my LLC was no help, I found the manuals even contradicted themselves in places, and she kept emailing HQ with my queries, not exactly confidence inspiring

Back