Setanti's Progress - Year 2

Guys... Thanks for all your messages of support, but this isn't working for me this time. Another week of staying the same weight in spite of eating 1000 kcals less every day is the final straw! :cry:

My weight fluctuates around +-4lbs during the course of the week, but it's always back to the same place come weigh-in. :mad:

To the people who say I'm putting muscle on, you're very kind but the fact is it that it takes professional bodybuilders a full week to gain a pound of muscle before competitions, and I'm probably only toning up, not building it. :)

There have been times when I've thought I've been losing inches during the week but the tape tells a different story on weigh-in day. :rolleyes:

I could stay on Atkins happily forever, but I want to lose another 2-2.5 stone and I'm just not getting results this time. :(

I'm going to give it one last week on <= 2000 kcals (Atkins recommends 1800-2000 min for men) to use up the food in the fridge, with no cheese, cream and no coffee at all (even decaff). If nothing changes in 7 days then I'm gonna slope out quietly through the Cambridge door.

I've been on vitamins, extra potassium, zinc, chromium, Acetyl L-carnitine and Co-Q10 for weeks all to no avail.

You've all been really inspirational and I wish you every success for the future and if I don't get a result then I'll probably be back for maintenance in the future.

One size doesn't fit all unfortunately but at least you've found a good way of maintaining yr weight once you've been back to the darkside!!

Good luck with CD & don't be a stranger. x

hope your last week works out for you steve as tbh going througha similar journey as not many men on here could do with it working for you from a purely selfish point of view for help and motivation

Hmmm, ah well, let's hope something happens this week Steve, it'd be a shame to lose you, it's nice having some guys around.

Thanks guys, I really can't tell you how much I'm hoping for something happening this week too! :(

I'm not sure I can actually face not eating again, not to mention the expense but I have to lose this weight! :(

if the owrse happens and you swap back steve wont that affect your work out programmes

Yes, I won't have sufficient energy to carry on training on 600kcals.

I hope things work this week steve,I know what it feels like when the weight doesn't shift especially when you're doing things by the book.
Good luck.
lorna x

Funny ole things these bodies of ours. I've had my fair share of good weight loss followed by soul-destroying plateaus :sigh:

You've done really well so far and if a stint on CD gets it all going (literally) again, then good on ya and I hope it works out for you.

I lost a fair bit of weight on CD, swopped across to low-carbing and lost little, if anything (but did maintain quite well for a while). So have recently switched back to CD to lose the last stone and a bit and want to maintain by low-carbing.

Anyways - who knows, you might have scared your bod into action by threatening it with a VLCD :D

Thanks everyone. :gen126:
I have some news but I'm keeping it to myself until my new weigh-in day on Saturday. :giggle:

Hope you get a loss this week Steve. You deserve after all your hard work . What ever you decide to do good luck :D

Thanks Bren, but my enthusiasm was a little premature I think. :eek:

I'm going to stretch it out to Tuesday to give it a full week again. :(

'S not looking too rosy now, Zim! :mad:

Disclaimer: I'm aware I'm ranting. Please don't think me unpleasant, I'm just a bit down. :rolleyes:

I'm really genuinely pleased for everyone who's seeing the weight fall off them every week, :) but it's a bit grating too when it's not working for me, even though I'm doing everything by the book.

I don't have enough answers. I don't know whether my body's still recovering from Cambridge (I doubt it by now). I don't know whether I'm doing too much exercise and not taking in enough calories to feed myself properly because I'm tired all the time and I'm hungry between meals.

I don't know whether I'm not doing enough exercise because the calories I was eating two weeks ago seemed ludicrously high. I know everyone says don't worry about the calories but most people also naturally feel fuller for longer shortly after starting Atkins and reduce their intake. I don't seem to. And on the days that I do it still doesn't make a difference.

I've toned up and my muscles are bigger. That increases your metabolism and makes you burn fat faster, right? Not in my case it doesn't! And it's biologically impossible to be counteracting any weight loss with muscle growth as it simply can't grow that fast. And the tape says my waist and hips aren't getting any smaller.

I'm very well hydrated, and a daily check with a ketostick shows '+' or '++' on the colour scale and my pee is a bit smelly. I don't have that metallic taste in my mouth any more.

I've mentioned going back to Cambridge as I know for sure that I will lose weight, but I'll also lose lean muscle, won't be able to train and at the moment I can't afford it anyway!

So what the hell do I do? I'll wait until my proper WI on Tuesday to give this full week its time. If nothing has happened I'll up my daily calories by 500 to go halfway between the points I've been trying so far. Failing that I'm going to try a CKD for a few weeks and that should at least give me more muscle energy for my workouts.

I did what I thought was Atkins about 3 years ago, but I realise now it was essentially a meat and eggs fast as I wasn't eating any veg at all. I recall the pounds dropped off me really quickly but I got bored and reverted back to silly habits. This is another option I'm considering (removing veg) if nothing happens soon. I know people who will faint dead away at hearing this, but I'm willing to try anything at this stage.

Rant over. Thankyou. :eek:

I don't know what to say Steve, and I understand and feel your frustration. I have no answer mate I'm afraid. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Back