Setting Goals!?!

East_Star

Hiya,

Was just wondering if like any of you lot have set goals to help u along the way to your desired weight?? Personally I have not and just go along week by week and once my weigh in comes I just hope that I lose. I mean I am ssing 100% but I wud be very put off if i was to set a goal for a week and not achieve it.. scared it might knock me out of the spirt...

Would any of you advise setting goals along the way?? xx

Sarah

I really should set myself goals I think. I didn't before but I'm finding it a lot harder to lose this pregnancy weight so I really should I think.
I think they can be motivating (however as you said they can have the opposite affect if not reached)

I don't set myself weekly goals, but my first goal was to lose a stone, then the second was to get under 220 lbs, the third to get under 100KG (broke both of those in the same weigh in :)). My current goal is to finish getting the second stone off. The goals need to be big enough to make you feel good when you achieve them but small enough that they don't seem like forever away.
Oh and when you get to a certain point, looking at your weight loss as a percentage really helps- I've lost almost 30% of what I need to lose, makes me feel better than saying "Damn, 55lbs left!"

RussianDoll gave me the fab idea of setting 10% weight losses. Mine are shown in my signature. I like it cos its ever decreasing and there's less to lose to the next 10%!

Good luck with whatever you choose!xxx

I kept getting down to the next stone bracket (ie 13 stone something, then 12 stone something) in addition to counting it as tens of pounds......so whan I got to the 190s, then the 180s, then the 170s etc. I also marked off every half stone as it passed too.....that way I was celebrating something just about every week! You need to celebrate your achievement in order to keep you on track - you've done something amazing, and you need to acknowledge that!

I Think If Their Is A Lot Of Weight To Be Lost, I Would Defintely Set Up Some Small Goals To Make It Easier. Even Now In Maintenance, I Continue To Set Up Exercise Goals For Me, Just Makes Things A Bit Easier Striving For Something Smaller In My Opinion... More Goals, More Rewards You Know Is My Philosophy!

I use the range of sizes hanging in my wardrobe as my goals - I started with the stuff that's 'a little bit too tight' going down to 'can't pull them up above my knees'.

It amazing how much your body can change even when the scales don't show a loss.

I always hang my next 'goals' on the outside of the wardrobe door just to remind me where I am going.

Back