Setting realistic goal weight ??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cavycrazy, 24 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I have set my own goal weight (as sure most people do ) and have chosen a realistic one to achieve and maintain (hopefully :D).

I am 5ft 6" and am aiming to be around 10 stone. BMI 22.5 approx!. Which I think is do-able and if i am not stupid (as I can be) should be able to keep to around that.

Sometimes I see others goal weights and wonder if I am aiming too high ? as theirs are so much lower. :eek:

Deb x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers

Im not sure about setting a target for me that is going to be a lon way off. Im just taking it a silver 7 at a time. Ideally I was thinking 10 stone. Im 5 foot 3 so 10 stone 1 is the highest Im supposed to be but 10 stone will be such a huge difference from now!
  4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I would say that the idea goal weight is just one that you are comfortable with. I don't really have an exact target weight because I don't how I'll feel as I get closer to it, but when I get there, when I can get dressed to go out and feel good, then I'll know I'm there - if I can feel happy with myself then I don't think I'll be too worried about what the scales say, they're only really an indication ;)
  5. Opeyx

Opeyx Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    have goal but i think you should go on what your comfortable with in terms of your personal image like if your face starts looking gaunt and your neck like a xylophone i dont think you'de be too happy with that if you still had a way to go and your BMI was in the 'normal' range x
  6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    I totally agree with Marie & Opeyx

I think too many people set their targets and HAVE to be at a specific weight, and HAVE to stay at that weight. I think its far more important to be at a weight that youre happy with.

I have no idea what I want my final weight to be, itll depend how I feel and look. My doctor actually thinks the lower/mid range of my alleged healthy BMI would be unhealthy for me.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.