Original setting targets

Hi all

I'm new to this website and i noticed a lot of people have great milestones planned. I wondered if i could get advice planning some targets myself. I am 14st 9lb and i want to be 11st. I find loosing weight overwhelming and i just thought what would be the best way to break it done into smaller goals!? Thanks x

Well, you want to lose 51lb so how about giving yourself a smaller reward at 5, 15, 25, 35 and 45lbs lost (makeup, book, game, magazine subscription etc) and a larger one at 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50lbs lost (nice day out, spa visit, perfume, see a show, new hairdo etc) with a top of the range treat like a holiday or new wardrobe or a nice piece of jewellery or something when you get to goal? That way you never need look further ahead than the next 5lbs and it shouldn't then be too daunting - best of luck!

(P.S. - don't know what your budget is like but you can of course amend those suggestions to suit yourself, just try and make sure your ideas aren't naughty-food related lol)

Hi Ashley

I tend to aim for special occasions. At the moment it's my birthday 18th May, after that it will be Blissfields music festival in early July, and after that it will be my holiday to Spain in mid August. I set myself a reasonable target that I think I can lose in that number of weeks, usually 2-2.5lbs a week. So 4 weeks to my birthday, and I'm aiming for 10lbs by then.

I think about how much more I will enjoy those occasions if I hit my mini target :)

Sometimes I hit my target, and sometimes I don't. I didn't quite hit my Easter target, for example, I was 2lbs off. But I know I gave it my best shot and got further than I would have without a target to aim for, if that makes sense?

Also for Blissfields I've bought a lovely new summer dress I am desperate to fit into, it hangs on the outside of my wardrobe so I see it every time I go into my bedroom!

Thank you both so much for your help. I have broken down my weight loss into little goals and stuck it up on the wall like a geek ha and i love the idea about having a dress hung up deffo going to do that one :)

I had about 12 stone to lose in the beginning (2 stone down now!) and I knew if I looked at it as a whole thing I would think it impossible and never do it!
So I started by getting rid of my first stone, then 2nd stone, then club 10, then getting under 300lbs.
My goal (that I have in my sig) is to be under 20stone by the time I have to go look @ Bridesmaids dresses! I think having little goals is great and makes it seem so much more achievable.

Good luck!

Back