severe heartburn

losit

Hi All,

It burns, it burns and is so painful it woke me up. I normally take a precribed medication for heat burn and reflux. I'm still taking it now but it's like it's not working. Also, if i'm not eating and i'm 100%tfr, why would I feel like i've eaten a fireball.

I've gone through all old posts with no luck. I've phoned Lipotrim and they're not open until 9am.

I take the equivalent of 40mg of zantac/protiom so can only put it down to drinking blacm tea which I normally wouldn't drink much of.

I just tried peppermint tea which made it worse.

Can I take rennie or gaviscon? Actually, I'm just gonna take gaviscon as I can't bear it any longer.

Hopefully I can post something later for future use, unless someone can give me an answer soon.

Goin to swig some gaviscon now regardless:mad:

Last edited:
Leave the tea and coffee and sip water would be best Both can aggravate heartburn :)

I get heartburn on lipotrim which is strange because I only ever normally get it if I'm pregnant??? It is most unpleasant, although I do find it settles on its own - eventually. Did lipotrim get back to u?

I get it too, I think it's a mix of coffee and an empty stomach? X

Right, so lipotrim got back to me and what they suggested worked a treat. You can't use gaviscon or rennie, and as I'm already on a prescription drug equivalent to zantac/nexium.

Water down the shakes, so I added 400mls, I only use the chocolate, strawberry and chicken soup. They said the shakes are so full of vitamins they can be too rich for someone who suffers reflux on a normal basis.

I also cut back on tea and when I do have it I make it REALLY weak, which is not a problem as that's how I drink it anyway.

They said I could use green tea too, which I also drink, but it sickened me.

So, all's well so far, so good.

Back