Severe weight gain!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tracie Green, 9 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh my god, been looking into how much weight i will expect to put on over my pregnancy and what the hell!! 30lbs (icluding baby)!!!!!! arrrrgggghh!!!!!!!!!:confused::eek::eek::eek:

that is a lot!!!

still sooo so happy today though!! its our 2nd wedding anniversary today too so a great anniversary present!!! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    At leat you will have a good excuse for 30 extra pounds though and your first WI after giving birth should be good....:p

4. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It needn't be that much hun! My friend's only put on 1½ and she's not even following food optimising...just eating healthy and keeping gently active.Most of it is baby, placenta and gubbins...so as long as you don't eat for two from conception, you'll be fine.

And it will all be worth it for a gorgeous, healthy bubba x

5. frenchpolish

frenchpolish Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I found out I was expecting my little girl on our 2nd anniversary too! :p

I didn't put on 30lbs with either of my pregancies. Don't really know how much, but within a week or two I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Maybe cos my pre-pregancy weight was overweight to start with :eek:

6. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I put on a stone with my first two pregnancies and one and a half with the last. I lost all the weight with the last two within about 3-4 weeks and now (6 weeks later) i weigh less than at the start of the first. Best advice i can give is eat healthily and definately not for two! Good luck and don't worry about it...there's always SW waiting for you :)

7. sarah212

sarah212 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    You only need to have an extra 200 cals or something like that when your preg....but it is very easy to stuff your face with wispa's like me :) Oooh i could eat a few right now

8. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    Hi there, I only put on 24lbs and that was carrying Twins! Who I carried to 38 weeks. With my daughter it was only 14lbs. I also think it all depends on what you eat but don't worry too much just enjoy it x

9. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I went from 10.5st to 14st 13! :eek::eek: I looked like a ball with a head... ooh no, like an M & M person! :giggle:

When I went back to WW 6wks after I had my daughter I weighed in at 11st 11.... so not a bad loss! x

10. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Happy anniversary its a lovely present xx

Just don't go mad and eat for two, everything in moderation and be healthy, happy and enjoy. xx

11. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    HAPPY ANNIVERSAY have a wonderful and special day today, love to you. X

12. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Everyone is different hun, just eat sensibly. Will you stick to SW?

Also don't forget that breastfeeding will help your uterus to shrink back to size and help shift a lot of weight afterwards....that's if you choose to bf.

13. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Happy Anniversary hun. I wouldn't worry too much, just enjoy being pregnant, if you eat sensibly, healthily and follow the guidelines you'll be fine - don't diet though when you are pregnant (saw a really scary programme about women that diet during pregnancy) and don't forget once youve had your little bundle of joy, the weight of the baby, placenta and water will immediately come off.

14. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Everyone carries differently. I ate healthily and put on nearly 4.5 stone. Depends on who you are :)

ps - happy anniversary x

15. willkat

willkat Full Member

I put 4 stone on with my eldest and 6 stone on with my youngest.........but lost it all within in 5 months of his birth. x

16. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I followed SW when preggie with my last baby and I weighed the same the week I fell pregnant as the day before my son was born!! Some weeks my weight maintained - I still managed a couple of losses here and there but I wasn't concentrating on losses during pregnancy just healthier controlled eating for baby and me. My son was born a healthy 7lbs 13oz - 2 days later I went to my weigh in at class and had GAINED 1 lb !!!! I WAS GUTTED!!! BUT the following week I lost 1 stone 4 lbs (18 lbs!!!!!) - course I couldn't get S.O.W as gained the week before - LOL.
    It can be done - I am sure I was more focused and committed with my baby inside than when it is just for my benefit.
    Good Luck, Congrats on your baby-to-be and your Wedding Anniv.

Jill

17. princessria

princessria is a pirate arrrgggghhhh

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    no panic you only put on alot if you are a low bmi, people who have enough weight stores can easily maintain if they follow slimming world or any other healthy eating plan a girl in our group only put on just over a stone and has nearly lost it all now XXXX happy anniversary.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Tracie Green

Tracie Green Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ahh thats made me feel a lot better!!! im not actually doing slimming world while im prgnant as i saw the same programme that was mentioned in this thread, scared the life out iof me!! im eating tonns of fruit and veg and basic thing with all ma vitamins, so am eating extremely healthily, so i shouldnt gain too much extra xx

Although im not doing slimming world for the duration, im still gonna be on here, your all soooooo so helpful!! especiaclly as i cant tell anyone yet!!! arrrg its driving me insane!! i think me and hubby are gonna tell the parents this weekend x cant wait!!!

20. Joanne W

Joanne W Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Don't worry too much about it - as long as you eat a healthy diet you should be fine. My sons each weighed very nearly 10lb when born and I also carried a lot of water with my second. Everyone is different, just relax and enjoy being pregnant.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.