SF challenge: half a stone a month

Hey Stig, I think it would be possible IF I was good 99% of the time, only thing is I don't think I can be good ALL the time so might be setting myself up to fail at that target, but it's ceryainly something I'd love to become a reality.
I'm going to sort through all my clothes - a now pile (horrible clothes, some I wore when 9 months pregnant!) - a during pile (don't really have during clothes though so will have to buy some size 16's and 18's) - and an eventual pile (12's and 14's my clothes before I got pregnant). Hopefully doing that will spur me on too :)

Well, I had my 500calories......... in chocolate *the shame!* But I'm Ok with that!!!! I ate it in the kitchen so my daughter wouldnt see me and want a bit, I'm giving up food for some chocolate I'm not about to share it!!!!!!!!! That was my first decent amount of choccy this year, so to get to the 15th AND give up a meal for it isnt too bad.

So have left to have, 2 shakes and a banana.

(Had them)

29 days to go............

Last edited:
I was looking at clothes today too, it's encouraging to look at clothes you used to fit into knowing that soon enough you'll be back in them :Dand that you're doing something to get there ;) Thanks for your encouraging comments to me, I'm sure you'll get where you want to be!! It's great you have a goal date in mind too :)

AH yeh, clothes are a big factor in me wanting to lose weight. I can't wear anything that's ''me'' so I feel like someone else. I like stud belts and things like that - I'd be lucky to get one round my knees right now haha, and can't even wear my leather coat and jackets and even my feet are too fat for my old boots - so I am decked out from Evans and it's just not me!!!!! Makes me feel awful about myself.
So yeh, old clothes rock!!!! :)
Am in the 16stones woop woop! 16st 13lb from 17st 7lb at the start of the year and it's only the 16th, so 8lb in 16 days, am VERY chufed at that, it's like a pound every other day.:D will try not to get too smug cos we all know it's easy to put it back on again!

I did have a tiny cheat last night, well my daughter wouldnt sleep so I made her an egg waffle with strawberry on top and she never touched it, so I did eek.... but looks like it did no harm anyway so I got away with it!

Well done you have made a great dent in your weight lose. Last nights cheat is not the end of the world, we are all going to be naughty at some time in our diets and I for one cannot be good for the rest of my life.
The clothes thing, your right I wear clothes that say nothing about me. People who have only known me since this weight gain probably think the way I dress at the moment is me ! Well they will see the real me this summer and you.

They'll see you in your shorts and say WOWWY witt twoo, is what they'll say :D And they'll see me and think i must have a younger sexy slimmer sister!!! :party0038: Hell yeh!!!! :party0049::stickdance::party0011::woohoo:

I meant to to say earlier about this, but was sitting last night and my belly looked different. Still huge lol, but it was lower down and more squidgy... from past experience I know this is a good sign, I'm not so bloated and solid with water and I think you tend to lose better when the squidgies happen (that sounds like toilet probs but it's not haha).

Anyone know what I mean?

Bringing these from my other diary, may as well just stay here
Measurements

WT ........ B ..........W ........H....Bum..Bicep....Thigh......Neck
17 1/2st ..50 1/2"..42 1/2"..51"..47"..17 1/2"..29"........16"
17 st .......49".......41"........50"..46"..17"........2 8 1/2"..15 3/4"

BMI changes

36's ..... 235lbs / 16st 11lbs
35's ..... 229lbs / 16st 5lbs
34's ..... 223lbs / 15st 13lbs
33's ..... 216lbs / 15st 6lbs
32's ..... 210lbs / 15st
31's ..... 204lbs / 14st 8lbs
30's ..... 197lbs / 14st 1lb
29's ..... 191lbs / 13st 9lbs
28's ..... 184lbs / 13st 2lbs
27's ..... 178lbs / 12st 10lbs
26's ..... 172lbs / 12st 4lbs

(I like making lists!)

And these were my photos from last time. Hopefully Looking at them I will try harder to get back there again. I went from 17st to 12 stone.
2007/2008
2rghvg8.jpg

ac8t4g.jpg

then 2008/2009
34sqko8.jpg
19stone just before I had her.

And now my new before photo looking a right state lol
kbq4yg.jpg

I know, I even had a flat bum that I used to complain about saying I had lost too much off it, now I am always trying to cover it up cos it's too huge haha! It's one of those real sticky out ones now with a shelf above it!
I don't think I'll look the same as I once did, my measurements have changed, my hips used to be smaller than my bust but after having a c section that part of me has gone to pot, parden the pun! Plus I did tons and tons of exercise back then and I can hardly do a thing now without being crippled,but..... if I can just look thinner in clothes I'll be glad :D

Hi
I know what you mean, I had a C Section and my son is now 12 and I have no feeling in that part so I really think it will never be totally flat (when I lost it 5 years ago it was still big). But as you say as long as we look good in clothes thats the main thing. I have a large bum and always have, I really do not want to loose to much of that a little(okay a lot) toned would be good.
Do you think there are people in the world who never have to have a challenge with their weight, if so I would like to be one just for a week!

I heard that the feeling might never come back ever there, I don't like touching my belly there cos it feels kind of weird :( My health visitor said it sounds like I've got adhesions because I can literally be stuck bent over but that would require surgery which i'm not wanting, I'll live with it I think! Some people got feeling back though I read, so I think it just depends.
They cut the stomache muscles, I don't seem to have much ability to breathe in much.

I would think the people who have no challenge with their weight would be few and far between especially in the western world where we have easy access to fattening food.... maybe some tribe in the rain forest have no weight issues! But if we moved there it wouldnt be long before we'd want fast food and tv and become lazy and overweight I'd think haha.

:banana dancer:Back on track!

Having my 300 cals - salmon, pasta and veg.
(still to have, 500 cals, banana and 2 shakes)

Have lost some more in the inches department!

Bust was 50 1/2" .. is now 48" = -2 1/2"
Waist was 42 1/2" . is now 40 1/2" = -2"
Hips was 51" ........ is now 49 1/2" = -1 1/2"
Bum was 47" ........ is now 46" = -1"
Thigh was 29" ....... is now 28 1/2" =-1/2"
Calf was 18 1/2" .... is now 18 1/2" =-0
Neck was 16" ......... is now 15 3/4" = -1/4"
Bicep was 17 1/2" ... is now 16 1/2" = -1"

=- 8 3/4" total

Back